Graphics Card Error Popup

ColR1948

How many monitors are running on your pc? One?

What native resolution was is it sold as?

what is the monitor connected to. card or pc's mainboard port?

and what type of cable/connector?

Or is there a second monitor?

What native resolution was that sold as?

what is that monitor connected to then? Card or pc's mainboard port?

and what type of cable/connector?

-----------

Can you send a fullscreen screenshot of your desktop please.

No need to show your personal desktop if you don't want to. I'm interested in size of image and such. Want to see for my self.

Just open Notepad or something, maximize it, to cover up the desktop for example. Then take a fulscrreen image. (including taskbar).

(press printscreen.)

then open "paint" and press:

to paste the image.

THen save the image as .jpg. As is. Don't make it smaller.

Then post it.

Also, is (one of) your display(s) set up in portrait mode?

-----

You have to stop "uninstalling and reinstalling fsx".

There is nothing wrong with fsx that is causing this.

Uninstaling reinstalling won't help one bit. It's a waste of time, and actually makes it more difficult to help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw, explain what you meant whe you said "I uninstalled it and reinstalled it".

Do you mean you deleted the folder. Then copied an old copy of the fsx folder back?

Or did you actually use the "add-remove programs" menu in Windows to properly uninstall FSX.

Then use "add remove programs" again, to uninstall fsx fully.

And the use the Box-Disk set to propely uninstall, activate, install Accell, activate, etc?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It looks like this is a laptop.

Several things point me to that.

1- In "Device mManager" batteries are listed.

2- Also in "Device Manager" I see two display adapters.

My own mainboard has onboard video. (HDgraphics). 3 ports for that, AGP, HDMI, DVI.

I also have a seperate card. Nvidia GT430. This also has 3 ports, AGP, HDMI and DVI.

I use only one monitor. Connected to my Nvidia card.

That's a similar setup to what said you have. (I have different nvidia card only)

In my "Device Manager" I see only the Nvidia listed under "Display adapters".

The HD-Graphics adapter is not listed, as it is not in use. No Display is connected to it.

Even though mine is definitely enabled in BIOS.

Your HD-graphics adapter is listed.

That does not mean it is enabled in BIOS. It means a display is connected to it.

Either you have a laptop, and it is the laptop's own inbuilt display.

Or, if this is a desktop, some screen, or at least some cable, is connected to your HD-graphics Video output.

Don't disable anything in BIOS (like jethro said there.). And don't remove devices.

just please explain.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know. But according to dxdiag there are two monitors. One on the nvidia. one on the HDgraphics.

and 1050 cards come in laptop size too....

plus, batteries....

So far, many dxdiag screens, all different. And other screens as well. Very little about how things are setup and connected.

I need a bit of both types of info to really understand this pc, and figure out how to fix it from a distance and from behind a curtain.:)

I followed the thread the past days. And just re-read it from post one all the way here, don't you worry about that.:P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Another thing is that everytime he: shut down fsx, deleted the fsx.cfg file, and then restarted fsx, and closed it,

afterwards there were two "DISPLAY" entries in his fsx.cfg file.

That indicates there are two displays.

Or at least, two displays are detected.

(It's not just his two display adapters.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@iL88pp,

I only have one monitor.

Connected by HTMI cable to graphics card.

It is not a laptop.

I had FSX on a seperate hard drive withing the PC, Drive D: where it ran perfect before.

When I uninstalled it I used the disk then searched for any other related folders to FSX.

When I reinstalled it I put it back on the same hard drive D: in it's own folder.

I have FS9 and X-Plane11 on that drive too and they run perfect.

Screen resolution is 1920x1080 in landscape mode.

screen display.jpg

monitor.JPG

Hi Col, back to the DXDiag showing DirectDraw x64 Enabled and x86 Disabled - although the registry edit I found isn't available, the other option to enable the DirectDraw x86 was to install the x86 Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages as well as the x64 ones. I know you've tried installing/re-installing them, or one at least, and it was already installed, but have you got them all, i.e. the 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2016 and 2017 packages in x86 and x64 versions?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Tim,

Did you scroll back to my last few posts, a bit more info there?

As for the other C++ no I didn't download them all, I was under the impression the latest kind of over-road the earlier ones.

Thinking back to when I installed FSX I am sure I saw something about installing C++ Redistributable package/s.

This is driving me crazy, as you see I disabled the onboard graphics so only the Nvidia GeForce is active, so the other stuff is using them but not FSX.

I want to see a full screenjshot of your desktop.

Open Notepad.

Maximise it

click "start--All Programs--Accessories--snipping tool"

To make an Image, place your mouse in the uppermost leftmost corner of the screen.

Click-hold the left mouse button, and drag the mouse all the way to the lower left of the screen. and release mouse button.

The image will be shown.

(It should show the whole desktop, including the taskbar, the whole Notepad window, clock, everything.)

Save As": .jpg file.

Upload that file.

(do not resize or edit the file!)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, the one in post #109, of the forum, is made with a camera. It shows the monitor itself.

I want you to make a screenshot. (Of everything that shows ON the monitor.)

make it with the snipping tool, as I instructed.

It will probably be around 400kb

(so can be uploaded.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I need one that is not resized.

Download snapper, by Miciel Overtoon

http://www.michielovertoom.com/software/snapper/

In its settings window, select:

JPG Quality -- 70%

And make sure there is NO checkmark in "Save screenshots half size".

Make sure the full screen is in focus. (so not just one program)

and press "printscreen" Key (PrScr) to take the screenshot.

That file should be a small enough size. Upload that. (Without any resizing.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK Tim, I downloaded and installed the C++ stuff, still get the error, I did a restart as well.

Col.

Well done Col, it eliminates that potential issue anyway - this could be a combination of problems, not just a single setting somewhere!

Sorry if I'm going over old ground here, but have you used the DDU program to uninstall your nVidia drivers in Safe Mode before rebooting and installing the latest WHQL driver from the nVidia website?

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Actually I just did that before I read your post and still no go.

I would sack FSX but I have spent a lot of time on it, plus money as well, I stated earlier a lot or Orbx scenery that cost me a fair bit, some payware aircraft, and the time of doing ai flight plans and adding ai aircraft, configuring a few to make them fly better plus lots of repaints.

My FSX is the Gold boxed addition with Acceleration, I was wondering if the Steam version might work but to be honest I'm not keen on steam. Then again that might not work even if I bought it.

I'm getting worried I may get a warning soon off the moderators for keeping this thread going for so long.

Actually I just did that before I read your post and still no go.

I would sack FSX but I have spent a lot of time on it, plus money as well, I stated earlier a lot or Orbx scenery that cost me a fair bit, some payware aircraft, and the time of doing ai flight plans and adding ai aircraft, configuring a few to make them fly better plus lots of repaints.

My FSX is the Gold boxed addition with Acceleration, I was wondering if the Steam version might work but to be honest I'm not keen on steam. Then again that might not work even if I bought it.

I'm getting worried I may get a warning soon off the moderators for keeping this thread going for so long.

Since your DirectDraw etc. isn't enabled for x86 programs, FSX Steam probably wouldn't run either, BUT it might just run it's own diagnostic or system compatibility scan and find the problem for you. Hopefully it'll more informative than FSX's 'hardware or driver not installed' and actually tell you which one(s)!

Archived