FS 2020 is a Hot Mess

Overall, without any 3rd party add-on's MSFS is amazing compared to what is currently available including FSX, P3D and XPL11! Of course, MSFS needs some patches being as it was just released. I have been flight simming longer than most of you in here and trust me all of the sims released since FS98 have all needed patches and a top end computer to run with sliders to the right. Welcome to flight simulation!

There will be more patches and 3rd party add on aircraft will arrive! :)

This 300%

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if many negative comments are from those who like me wonder why many of the 'problems/issues' weren't discovered during beta testing.

Isn't beta testing supposed to 'discover' bugs?

Maybe MS only chose people with a a thorough knowledge of FSX (or earlier) instead of including some "mums and dads" (if you know what I mean).

I remember when those YouTube videos started to appear most (well all the ones I watched), they all only seemed to 'talk about' how the scenery was so great. Was that all they tested?

There were plenty of people very experienced with previous flight sims as well newcomers, which is what you need for a program aimed at a wide audience. And those alpha/beta testers, both new and experienced, did find many bugs and report them. The problem looks to be that someone, probably in Microsoft, decided to release the sim before it was ready.

There were plenty of people very experienced with previous flight sims as well newcomers, which is what you need for a program aimed at a wide audience. And those alpha/beta testers, both new and experienced, did find many bugs and report them. The problem looks to be that someone, probably in Microsoft, decided to release the sim before it was ready.

+1 and from what I have heard, they weren't concerned about bugs but how the servers would handle the load. Bugs to be addressed later with patches.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

What really burns my bum...

"We know it took you 12 hours to download, but would you mind uninstalling and downloading again?"

Never seen a game so messed up they want you to do a "Do Over"

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

If we take 2020 apart and look at separate aspects of it then we can see that some of it works well and other parts do not. From the posted comments it appears that installation is sometimes iffy. And then getting 2020 to just recognise the pedals and joystick you already have can be a total failure. There are also complaints about getting 2020 to actually work. Of course, is this for 1% or 20% of the down-loaders? We don't know, but it appears that there are possibly some causes for complaint. For me, the main complaint is the failure of scenery standards between the flying view (which is mostly excellent though with some complaints about particular details) and the view upon landing at a stock airfield. Suddenly one is back in stock FS9 or FSX, or worse. The "imagining" or "guessing" the appearance of an airfield building is not a success, despite the prerelease fanfare. A hangar, yes, but why at 90 degrees to the correct siting? And if I showed you the "imagined" club house at CYRO you would fall apart laughing. It would fit well into a Disney cartoon of a toadstool house. If there was a simple programme to be used for siting a purpose-made building into the simulator and deleting the existing at the same spot I would not be complaining. Or even better, not purpose-made and to be selected from a library of hangars of different colours and sizes, so that everyone could update their airstrip. I have looked at what is involved in making scenery for 2020 and it is not for the average scenery maker who was busy with FS9. So until this simulator is completed, updated, and satisfactory in all aspects, I close the hangar door.

Overall, without any 3rd party add-on's MSFS is amazing compared to what is currently available including FSX, P3D and XPL11! Of course, MSFS needs some patches being as it was just released. I have been flight simming longer than most of you in here and trust me all of the sims released since FS98 have all needed patches and a top end computer to run with sliders to the right. Welcome to flight simulation!

There will be more patches and 3rd party add on aircraft will arrive! :)

You are absolutely Right!, but its a Shame that after so many years after FSX these people did not learn enough, MS wants money first then after years you'll have a real Sim....

Hi everyone.

I had the opportunity to evaluate the FSXX personally, on a top of the line PC with a very reliable Ping ms 8, Download Mbps 55.42, Upload Mbps 51.48 fiber optic line that we tested right before we started the sim.

I’ve been in the Aviation and computer industry for a very long time and given the stage where we are, in the computer industry, this has to be the worst releases in history.

The areas that I am familiar with are mostly distorted in some form or another. The colors are not representative of reality in most places, the buildings look like they were destroyed by earthquake in most places, the airports have strange tower shapes, missing important obstacles, antennas, some had the center lines, markings, offset…

Add to that the difficulty of getting some of the most popular controllers to work and getting interrupted multiple times by some “updating” messages...

It’s very difficult to find something useful, the clouds looked OK, the Wx was actually different than what we had at the time in the immediate area….

With all the problems that FSX and XP11.. have they are still much better simulators. If you add some ortho, using some of the free tools available, they are much better tools for pilots than this sim, will likely ever be, I am afraid.

A missed opportunity.

Incredible disappointment, and I am not sure why a company like MS makes these type of mistakes?

They need to take over the development have some people that really know what they are doing and fix it before it dies a miserable death. It’s obvious that Asobo is not capable of doing things properly.

It looks like the Microsoft bean-counters made the decision to go with a Public/Open Beta for the sim. Either way the problems will get fixed, but with Public Beta at least money would be coming in to off-set somewhat the cash Asobo was likely burning through.

Hi everyone.

I had the opportunity to evaluate the FSXX personally, on a top of the line PC with a very reliable Ping ms 8, Download Mbps 55.42, Upload Mbps 51.48 fiber optic line that we tested right before we started the sim.

I’ve been in the Aviation and computer industry for a very long time and given the stage where we are, in the computer industry, this has to be the worst releases in history.

The areas that I am familiar with are mostly distorted in some form or another. The colors are not representative of reality in most places, the buildings look like they were destroyed by earthquake in most places, the airports have strange tower shapes, missing important obstacles, antennas, some had the center lines, markings, offset…

Add to that the difficulty of getting some of the most popular controllers to work and getting interrupted multiple times by some “updating” messages...

It’s very difficult to find something useful, the clouds looked OK, the Wx was actually different than what we had at the time in the immediate area….

With all the problems that FSX and XP11.. have they are still much better simulators. If you add some ortho, using some of the free tools available, they are much better tools for pilots than this sim, will likely ever be, I am afraid.

A missed opportunity.

Incredible disappointment, and I am not sure why a company like MS makes these type of mistakes?

They need to take over the development have some people that really know what they are doing and fix it before it dies a miserable death. It’s obvious that Asobo is not capable of doing things properly.

Got that right !! They need to go into FSX and follow that basic format and see what they had on their drop downs that was useful which was pretty much everything.

Wow - couldn't disagree more on this thread. If you think MFS is a 'hot mess' then you probably don't have much experience with the previous versions (by comparison, MFS is really quite excellent).

Yes there are bugs - I acknowledge that - but it was expected...and they'll fix them.

Perhaps the OP would be happier with X-plane or P3D?

If you think this was ready then good for you fanboy ENJOY !! There are no replays no drop down to accelerate time no drop down to save your flight .....I can go on and on how they failed.

Right from the git go, there are issues, but just like FSX and other games there are always issues to be ironed out. This will take time! I remember when every issue of windows came out from Win 3.0 on the Windows 10, and with each release there have been issues and will continue to have them. The game is no different. It'll take a bit of time but I feel things will get sorted out and fixed. In the mean time I'll fly as best I can and enjoy it. When I feel like doing a long haul flight I'll go back to FSX until I learn how to make the heavies work.

If you think this was ready then good for you fanboy ENJOY !! There are no replays no drop down to accelerate time no drop down to save your flight .....I can go on and on how they failed.

Heaven forbid some controls changed.

You're right, there is no time accel drop down, its a button now, map it as you please. Its 'Sim Rate' in the menu.

You're right, there is no replay in FS, because just like EVERY OTHER game from MS in the last few years, you use the hot key Win-Alt-R and boom, recording. Not enough like a replay for you? Fine fine, just set the game bar record settings to record in the background, then you'll have your replays.

No drop down for save? Poor you, I guess you'll just have to hit ESC, then look at the bottom of the screen where it says load/save.

Reading is hard boss, I hope you can work it all out... :rolleyes:

You're right, there is no time accel drop down, its a button now, map it as you please. Its 'Sim Rate' in the menu.

You're right, there is no replay in FS, because just like EVERY OTHER game from MS in the last few years, you use the hot key Win-Alt-R and boom, recording. Not enough like a replay for you? Fine fine, just set the game bar record settings to record in the background, then you'll have your replays.

No drop down for save? Poor you, I guess you'll just have to hit ESC, then look at the bottom of the screen where it says load/save.

Enjoy fanboy it's obvious the developers have absolutely no clue.

By the way chief there is a reason 90% of the people that have it says it blows at this point.One more thing Genius all the other Microsoft Flight Sims had replays.

Edited by learpilot

44 posts in 10 years on this forum, most of them have been trolling the last few days.

Someone comes along and point for point calls you wrong and now I'm a fan boy... No, just delivering some facts to your alternate universe. If anyone here needs a label, its the troll.

The winning strategy would’ve been FSX redone with Bing maps scenery. The scenery overall looks outstanding in the videos I’ve seen; I’ll give them that.

But the lack of planes, especially the popular 737, turns me off. Plus the DLC sure to be added later; keep paying for stuff that should’ve been in on release day.

A hot mess? I wouldn’t say that. No, I don’t have it myself, but reading other posts and watching videos, it sure is enticing.

But I can wait.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Then don't play it. Vote with your wallet and give yer yapper a rest ;) Go make love to X-plane or P3d. Make love, not war. Hate is the path to the dark side. Your sister she is. You must face Vader now.

Edited by rabbitc

The winning strategy would’ve been FSX redone with Bing maps scenery. The scenery overall looks outstanding in the videos I’ve seen; I’ll give them that.

But the lack of planes, especially the popular 737, turns me off. Plus the DLC sure to be added later; keep paying for stuff that should’ve been in on release day.

A hot mess? I wouldn’t say that. No, I don’t have it myself, but reading other posts and watching videos, it sure is enticing.

But I can wait.

It's no where near a 'hot mess' and it's really fantastic. Sure some features are missing but nothing that gets in the way of enjoying the sim.

For the "Hot Mess" title i gave the harsh replied it deserved!

Specially since many commenting dont even hold a license for the sim

If you dont like it, sim with whatever version you like

You guys are wrong coming to the MSFS2020 to spread badness and burn it

Imagine if I enter the FS2004 forum or the FSX and instead of helping people with their questions i start "hey Im not playing this Sxxt anymore, I heard the scenery in MSFS is way better"

Im sorry if it wasnt exactly what happened but its happening in many threads, they come just say:

"you see...thats why Im not buying this sim"

its unproper

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

The only hate on here is what you are spewing.Just because someone doesnt agree with you you get all triggered.

I know that was directed at Kap, and not me, but for you to pretend that you've got nothing to do with the tone of these posts is straight up comedy. From the title and right on along, you've been pretty combative.

As far as agree vs disagree, that only counts for things that are opinion or perception, such as 'don't like flight model', or 'don't like the janky trees'.

When you start saying the game lacks features it factually does have, then you're either uninformed, or deliberately concealing something for your own benefit.

BTW, with regard to the replay -- You're correct that it no longer has the flight recorder. That would be a nice feature. I had forgotten about that one in the older version. There is no reason I can imagine that they would be unable to add that if there was enough demand for it. But if you don't post it on their forum, they are never going to know, are they?

Anyhow, some of the stuff you've said really makes me wonder if you even bought it. You say things that feel like you just get it from someone elses post, and don't personally know. This is why I think you're trolling.

I'm puzzled by the logic I've read over and over that says: "Of course it's not ready for release--No sim is ever ready for release--How can you be so naive as to expect a finished product?"

This attitude is markedly detrimental to our community because it makes excuses for shoddy workmanship and tells the developers not to worry about users ever expecting better products--we're perfectly content if you just keep supplying us with better promises (e.g. the memory leaks in FSX)

There appear to be two kinds of users: Those who like scenery and love this new sim, and those who like a good simulation of an airplane--who have concerns about how long it will be before we see one--particularly in the absence of a finished SDK.