PhrogPhlyer

9 minutes ago, jgf said:

There's actually an E-6B gauge for FS2004

The FSX AN-12 has a functioning slide rule at the flight engineer's station.

If you bend a slide rule to match the ends, you have the outer scales of the E-6B.

Best thing about the E-6B, batteries not needed.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

1 minute ago, jgf said:

Built in "48

Darn, now I've got to change the rally entry board... taking notes "jgf corrected me and made me look like I didn;t know what I was doing, minus 2 minutes per leg." That should silence any other "corrections." MwaHahahaHaaaaa

image.jpeg.a3a82007fd23671d2dcc76b841e93a55.jpeg

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

2 minutes ago, jgf said:

I'll be at the rear anyway.

At least I won't be alone back there!

phrog x 2.jpg

Just now, PhrogPhlyer said:

At least I won't be alone back there!

Shall we make it a Trio?

Besides, for me it's about the Adventure and the Journey. 

• Like 1

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

1 minute ago, ViperPilot2 said:

it's about the Adventure and the Journey.

That's what I say whenever I'm not winning. 

phrog x 2.jpg

34 minutes ago, Airbasil_1 said:

How about the Piper PA-22 Tri-Pacer? 

Excellent choice!

Not seen too often, would make a great addition to the rally.

• Like 1

phrog x 2.jpg

I was having dinner this evening when Maggie, my crack A & P walked into the house. "Bad news", she said. "Two of the Cylinders on that Navion are cracked: 2 and 5. The Engine block doesn't look much better. Lucky your buddy didn't kack the bird on his way down here delivering it." Great. A dead airplane, Least it wasn't paid for...

Maggie asked me, "Well, what 'ya gonna do?" I shrugged my shoulders back at her; I didn't really know what I was going to do.

"I think I've got an idea", Maggie said. "Lemme make a couple phone calls and I'll let you know tomorrow by Noon. One thing, though...

your Rotary Wing endorsement still Valid? When was the last time you flew one?"

"Yeah, I'm still current. been a little bit, though. Maybe a Year or so."

"Well, better start refreshing. Talk to you tomorrow..."

Well, this should be interesting...

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

8 hours ago, ViperPilot2 said:

Well, this should be interesting...

Yes it is!

phrog x 2.jpg

40 minutes ago, taoftedal said:

She was cute ... and a good performer in her class as I recall.

Yes, and with her Pacer roots, can be found in two versions.

One of just a few models to make that are both tail or nose gear.

image.thumb.jpeg.bb7861acca2d658d808a801ae8fcab99.jpeg

phrog x 2.jpg

13 hours ago, ViperPilot2 said:

Shall we make it a Trio?

Dissimilar formation flying is always a fun challenge.

phrog x 2.jpg

3 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Yes, and with her Pacer roots, can be found in two versions.

One of just a few models to make that are both tail or nose gear.

image.thumb.jpeg.bb7861acca2d658d808a801ae8fcab99.jpeg

Pacers abound in the Library; there's Bill and Lynn Lyons' Tripacer, and Brian Gladden's three offerings. The PA-20 Pacer, the PA-22 Tripacer, and his 'Super' Pacer with Tundra Tires and a 180 hp mill.

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Just now, Sirrus said:

1947 built dH104 Dove 6

I was hoping someone would fly a Dove, great aircraft that is not as well known on this side of the pond as it ought to be.

phrog x 2.jpg

Hardware change for Sirrus.

Let's see how this Dove flies.

image.thumb.jpeg.57d059cbaaf8dba45df4901569ce1ba3.jpeg

phrog x 2.jpg

37 minutes ago, Sirrus said:

Regretfully the painter who did the repaint of G-ARUK tells me I do not have permission to use his repaint in the race. 

Lol, he uploads a file then says you cannot use it.  It's not like you are making money from it, or otherwise depriving him of anything.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sirrus said:

We  Brits know it as the Derek Palmer

Is this available anywhere for FSX as freeware?

I can only fin the JustFlight payware Dove.

phrog x 2.jpg

So I'm in the Diner drinking a cup of Coffee watching First Take on the TeeVee, and I hear the sound of whirling Rotor blades coming from the NNW. Looking through the window I see a Hughes OH-6 on Final for 16, then dropping fast onto the Parking spot. Out jumps Maggie, walking towards me and motioning towards the Cayuse as its Rotor spins down.

"Well, there's your new Ride" she says to me as she walks into the Diner. As the door closes I look at her, then back at the OH-6. "Really?, I think to myself as the wheels start turning in my brain. I say "Ahh, what the Heaven. Why the Frak not?" I turn and go back into the Diner to finish my morning Coffee and Molly fix for the Day...

fsscr000.thumb.jpg.0ecbfc62cd8e49686a3ae7ceccd3746f.jpg

So, PP... another Change for the Lineup Card. going with the Cayuse (Model 369).

fsscr001.thumb.jpg.fc8953a49115dca4512c1ffbad4d53ba.jpg

VP2_R66_105 KIAS.pdf

Fuel Capacity/Consumption might be an issue; I'll just have to test it out on the way to Lansing.

I was considering the MD-500 or a Jet Ranger, but the Loach seemed to be the better Era appropriate choice, keeping in the Spirit of the Event.

And think of the 'Gunner' as just a mannequin...

• Like 2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Must be the same one, mine shows

"Credits:

Panel and gauges:                              Saverrio Maurri
FSDS parts and texture masters:         Rick Piper
FDE, checklists and reference cards:   Brian Withers
References and pilots notes:                Brian Gibbs, Dave Booker and Tom Everitt.
Textures:                                           Garry Russell, Ian Warren and Derek Palmer"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jgf said:

Must be the same one, mine shows

"Credits:

Panel and gauges:                              Saverrio Maurri
FSDS parts and texture masters:         Rick Piper
FDE, checklists and reference cards:   Brian Withers
References and pilots notes:                Brian Gibbs, Dave Booker and Tom Everitt.
Textures:                                           Garry Russell, Ian Warren and Derek Palmer"

Nice to see DH and Hatfield represented! The Dove was used by a couple US Regional Airlines; I think Superior Air and Air Wisconsin used them.

Sorry to hear about the Mustang.

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG