PhrogPhlyer

As i am more like an Airline Pilot connecting Hubs and Spokes, flying big Airliners and keeping it "as real as it gets" i will be out here for this one... 
Though as allways, if you're interested about what I do, some screenshots of my flights will be visible in the Random Shot Corner. 

Or in the following Facebook Groups: 
- FS2004
FS2004 - A Century of Flight (The Original)

See you there... 

1 hour ago, Airbasil_1 said:

As i am more like an Airline Pilot connecting Hubs and Spokes,

Basil, Maybe consider something such as a Convair 240, blazing across the center of the American skies, charting possible routes for your airline?

1 hour ago, Airbasil_1 said:

i will be out here for this one...

Be happy to have you on board. Classic period of aviation.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

3 hours ago, Airbasil_1 said:

As i am more like an Airline Pilot connecting Hubs and Spokes, flying big Airliners and keeping it "as real as it gets" i will be out here for this one... 
Though as allways, if you're interested about what I do, some screenshots of my flights will be visible in the Random Shot Corner. 

- FS2004

See you there... 

Oh, not even! Jump in a DC-3 and create a Feeder flight, connecting Chicago to the Southwest! You get towards El Paso and you'll be tracing the Routes of the 'old' Frontier Airlines and its predecessors. They plied the skies of the Plains, Southwest and Intermountain West in DC-3's from the late 40's to the early 60's. I regularly fly these Routes for DC-3 Airways VA. If not, please do join us for the next one!

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

26 minutes ago, ViperPilot2 said:

Oh, not even! Jump in a DC-3 and create a Feeder flight, connecting Chicago to the Southwest!

If not, please do join us for the next one!

Then I'll be available for the next one, if that fitts my demands / needs... otherwhise I'll continue to fly freely "as real as it gets"... and on Vatsim of course. 😄
So let's wait and see what the next topic may be up to. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Airbasil_1 said:

- FS2004

See you there... 

Ditto to all that's been said ... we'll miss you Airbasil_1 ... but just think of the possibilities!

fl58-4.thumb.jpg.2a48bed67960adeee35c45c758853ba9.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, taoftedal said:

but just think of the possibilities!

image.thumb.jpeg.a61b3715b6be000b92df418c3eb47e79.jpeg

image.jpeg.8479abaae41819277fb8a11b0159e55a.jpeg

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

AirBasil, I may have a solution for you, if we can get it past pre-race Scrutineering (is that spelled with, "u," or with,"ew"?):

Screenshot(169).thumb.jpg.1d4a1c1eaf7d4e788b2c80c995528660.jpg

"Of course it fits the period - Look, it's a taildragger."

"Engines hanging kind of low for a 247, aren't they?"

"See, that proves she's vintage - everything sags with age"

Calling all aviators, calling all aviators...

Come one, come all, the open skies are calling.

Test your skills and daring flying overhead the historic Route 66.

Dust off your favorite vintage hangar queen, top the tanks, and run up the engine(s).

At dawns early light on November 1st the skies above the US will rumble with the sounds of classic engines roaring towards their destinations.

Rally guidance is on first page, JOIN US, you don't want to miss this one!

• Like 1

phrog x 2.jpg

1 minute ago, TomPenDragon said:

Look, it's a taildragger.

Wow! Timely news update!

Someone didn't unload cargo properly.

The CG chart's there for a reason.

phrog x 2.jpg

40 minutes ago, taoftedal said:

just think of the possibilities!

I just had a flash of inspiration: how about a rescue mission, if one of you has an accident underway? or if you notice a car or chopper accident on the Route 66? 

I'll be available for a rescue mission on the BK-117.... 😄

• Like 1

Just now, Airbasil_1 said:

I just had a flash of inspiration: how about a rescue mission, if one of you has an accident underway? or if you notice a car or chopper accident on the Route 66? 

The team of Harrison&PenDragon look forward to giving you a lot of business during the month of November.  (Well, maybe not, "look forward," but we'll be giving you a lot of business nonetheless).

Seriously, we'll miss your eye and your lens on this one...

The old girl's in the Hangar getting checked over, and the A & P gals are making sure everything's all squared away. They say the Tachometer is a lost cause, so it'll be INOP for this trip. They asked me if I wanted a new Paint job; I told them if they find all's well mechanically, then maybe. The Camping gear is all set aside and ready to be loaded.

8 days should be enough time to get ready. In the mean time, back to Work! 😁

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

2 hours ago, Airbasil_1 said:

BK-117

Introduced in 1979, a bit outside the era.

A classic Huey or JetRanger would fit the times though.

• Like 1

phrog x 2.jpg

17 minutes ago, ViperPilot2 said:

The Camping gear is all set aside and ready to be loaded.

Nothing like an evening sky over an airport.image.thumb.jpeg.2e85cc810e50165cd897ac0cf040340a.jpeg

• Like 2

phrog x 2.jpg

“Back home to Scotland soon?”.

“Don't know. I always fantasised about a road trip across America.” She sang a few bars from Simon and Garfunkel's All Come to look for America.

“And here we are, contemplating following route 66 from Chicago to the west coast. Paid for by you. Fortuitous or insane?” She stared up from the map, a quizzical look tossed at me as we navigated the awkward route through heavy traffic from Schaumburg Regional to Lansing. All routes seemed to want to take us into Chicago.

“You do agree the Staggerwing was absolutely the wrong aircraft for this challenge?” She looked at me almost apologetically.

After three circuits I had had to agree. The Beech was exciting in a manner she had called “A macho wet dream”. A pig on short final due to poor taildragger visibility, taxing just as difficult and in the cruise the torque twist needed constant adjustment.

“But an Airdale? It's going from the sublime to the ridiculous.” I replied, still disappointed the Staggerwing had been returned to it's hanger, beautiful but unsuitable.

“Not for this challenge. She is slow, stable, easy to land and predictable. Predictability is what this challenge is all about. Wait till you see and fly her.” She had a glint in her eye.

Suzanne and I drove on in silence heading for Lansing Municipal where the Beagle Airedale she had found was hangered.

“She's behind this hanger”:

Airdale3.thumb.jpg.055f5389bf79b52024eb105a720f92d1.jpg

And indeed there she was. I was lost for words. Not “she” but “it” or rather bits of “it”.

I opened my mouth to speak then shut it again, speechless.

“Suzanne, are you crazy?” It was all I could find to say.

“We can have her ready for 1st. November. No problems” she replied.

“You ARE crazy, you've flipped, gone doo-la-ly. Maybe November 2026.”

That's when she cracked up, doubled over with laughter. “That was priceless, your face was a picture.” She recovered enough, grabbed my hand and dragged me past two other hangers and there She was:

AirdaleLansing1.thumb.jpg.57ce70db80fd62d53db7272e1ca1dce2.jpg

“Well?” She asked.

“Certainly looks very clean.” I was still in shock from the previous offering.

The owner showed us round. “Let's take her for a few circuits.”

He sat in the left seat, after take off he said: “You have control”:

Airdale.thumb.jpg.bd38c2465b0f74492b59bdbf3986a9b0.jpg

Airdale2.thumb.jpg.f26e96e0d5c7150f83ea72c4850c2f1a.jpg

Back on the ground we inspected the engine. Everything was immaculate:

AirdaleLansing2.jpg.fd1a4b2615d08d33237d203c95b56a4c.jpg

Instrumentation also in good condition but basic.

Airdalepanel.thumb.jpg.0444e0df473dc808d0dd87ff5ad70b3b.jpg

“It has no autopilot.” I remarked.

“Doesn't need one, I spent many hours in an Airdale just after passing my PPL, get her trimmed correctly and she sticks on course and altitude.” Suzanne replied.

“OK, I trust your judgment. Let's enter her.”

For once I didn't really care about winning; spending two weeks together prize enough.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, ScottishMike said:

For once I didn't really care about winning; spending two weeks together prize enough.

Keeping what's important at the front of life!

• Like 2

phrog x 2.jpg

38 minutes ago, ScottishMike said:

or rather bits of “it”.

Looked good to me. Well, sort of.

Wow, and Airdale, Nice choice!

phrog x 2.jpg

Finally, a high-wing aircraft. This Airdale is ready to fly!

Six entrants, plenty of sky for more!

image.thumb.jpeg.baf6a45059ff288dd2c1d163b2c87752.jpeg

• Like 1

phrog x 2.jpg

Pen Dragon, that is NOT a tail dragger, just the load manager not wanting to admit he put Suzanne's make up bag at the rear of the load bay.

Can't remember were the Airdale came from. Did a quick search here and at the "other" site and could not find it. I know it's not payware so it's attached as a zip for anyone who wants it.

Thanks to the author whoever he or she is.

Beagle Airedale.zip

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ScottishMike said:

Pen Dragon, that is NOT a tail dragger, just the load manager not wanting to admit he put Suzanne's make up bag at the rear of the load bay.

Can't remember were the Airdale came from. Did a quick search here and at the "other" site and could not find it. I know it's not payware so it's attached as a zip for anyone who wants it.

Thanks to the author whoever he or she is.

Beagle Airedale.zip 2.58 MB · 1 download

Many Thanks, SM! It's an attractive bird for sure!😀

• Like 1

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

1 hour ago, JSMR said:

I’ll be entering soon

Take your time... I just spoke to the local FAA Rep who said he was going to "randomly" ramp check one of our entrants.

He asked me for suggestions as to a "random" choice.

Wonder who I should suggest?

• Sad 2

phrog x 2.jpg

2 hours ago, ScottishMike said:

attached as a zip for anyone who wants it.

Thanks! 

Loaded and flew perfectly in FSX as well.

phrog x 2.jpg