How to disengage A/P by pulling the yoke?

Go ahead, let us know how it works! Maybe a button on the yoke, but I doubt by pulling on it.

I agree! I have a button on my yoke which does exactly that.

Having said that, I will admit I haven't RW flown since the 1960s. And there are certainly some changes which have been put in place since then! Whether FSX is up to date with those changes is always a matter for discussion. :rolleyes:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Some models DO disengage when the yoke is pushed, the QW B787 for one. But I have a assigned button as well for those that don't.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Hmmm... which aircraft in real life? Those I've flown fight you when you "pull the yoke" rather than disengage. There IS usually a disconnect button on the yoke, though.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Just confirmed on the QW B787...

Moving the yoke or pushing the rudder pedals dis-engages the A/P

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

The Airbus will disconnect the autopilot with any significant movement of the side stick controller. This, however, does not "increase realism" if you are using it to disconnect the autopilot on landing it is a fail safe built into the auto pilot system. See hossefly 68's comment.

I had this very option I placed in a few of my planes in FS2004. The gauge (which I don't remember the name) is in the library. Very simple and cool little gauge. But as mentioned, I kept bumping the yoke and AP would disengage. Sometimes without the audible AP disengage sound. In the PMDG 737 I had in FS2004 there was the AP disconnect sound so I knew.

Let me see if I can find that gauge. But it is an FS2004 gauge and it may or may not work in FSX.

Edit-

Well, I'm having a hell of a time finding the gauge. I'm gonna have to load up my external HDD with my FS2004 backup and see if I can find out just what gauge it is.

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

Found it in my FS2004 backup. It's called Autopilot Override by Glenn Copeland file name ap_oride.zip

Like I said, it is for FS2004, I looked over the code and it may, but not guaranteed to work in FSX. I couldn't find one for FSX with the same name. I was going to install it, but I did a OS reinstall about 6 months back and failed to reinstall FSPanel Studio. I'll have to reinstall FS Panel Studio and I'll add it to my F22 and see if it works in FSX.

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

in real airplanes you can simple disengage A/P by pulling hard on the yoke, stick etc, i want to do this because can be helpful a lot on landings and would increase realism.

If you have FSUIPC you can add an event to an analogue axis when a particular region is entered or left. That's your way in. There are probably lots of ways to do the detail, depending on how sophisticated you want to get.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

in real airplanes you can simple disengage A/P by pulling hard on the yoke, stick etc, i want to do this because can be helpful a lot on landings and would increase realism.

Fly-by-wire aircraft maybe, but not on conventional control surface aircraft. There can be a situation where the yoke will disengage the a/p but pulling it hard is simply not to be done - not comfortable for passenger, crew and not good for the airframe.

I read the actual button for AP disengage is Z. I'd have to look in the Sim key commands. But it can be mapped to a yoke button or whatever you use.

The gauge I posted on worked great for me. Did exactly what it claimed to do. I wouldn't use it in high speed A/C though. Be alright in a King Air or a B1900 C/D.

OOM errors? Read this.

Yes the 'AP' (toggle on/off) is the 'Z' key. But you better disconnect the Speed, Alt, and Heading 'holds' too or you won't be able to 'fly' it manually. Especially the Speed Hold.

To 'auto' set altitude while flying I press 'Z' key, then press 'Ctrl+Z' (Alt Hold at present alt). That inputs the alt in AP panel and the AP will auto set the trim too. I use this on spot view so no panel has to be in view for it to work. Press the same keys (Ctrl+Z then Z) to revert to manual flying. Too easy.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Yes the 'AP' (toggle on/off) is the 'Z' key. But you better disconnect the Speed, Alt, and Heading 'holds' too or you won't be able to 'fly' it manually. Especially the Speed Hold.

To 'auto' set altitude while flying I press 'Z' key, then press 'Ctrl+Z' (Alt Hold at present alt). That inputs the alt in AP panel and the AP will auto set the trim too. I use this on spot view so no panel has to be in view for it to work. Press the same keys (Ctrl+Z then Z) to revert to manual flying. Too easy.

Chuck B

Napamule

i use left click on mouse to disengage a/p and ctrl+r for speed

Archived