Reminder for people upgrading, there are three steps to get all possible updates.

1. Download the base sim update from either the Microsoft Store or Steam
  2. Once that is installed, run the sim and let it download any package updates it finds
  3. Finally, go the Content Manager in the sim to get updates for any of the content managed there

It installed OK for me and my Eurofighter flys OK.

I took off from Mikolayiv and I'm headed toward Kherson.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Ercoupe flight out of Baraboo, WI.... not issues.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

This is much different from the official forums, where there's a gnashing of teeth going on. But I'm glad it's working well for you guys.

Luckily (?) I don't have a computer anymore, so you lot can sort out this mess for me.:cool:

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

This is much different from the official forums, where there's a gnashing of teeth going on. But I'm glad it's working well for you guys.

Luckily (?) I don't have a computer anymore, so you lot can sort out this mess for me.:cool:

Yes I came back over here for a while. I got tired of all the arguing. Plus if you say anything negative at all about MSFS over there your post gets hidden or the thread locked immediately. Much better over here.

Yes I came back over here for a while. I got tired of all the arguing. Plus if you say anything negative at all about MSFS over there your post gets hidden or the thread locked immediately. Much better over here.

Welcome back, you'll enjoy this story then:

I've had a nightmare with this update because it just wouldn't start - neither Microsoft Store, the Xbox App nor the sim itself would see that an update was available.

I tried logging out of my Microsoft and Xbox accounts, rebooting and logging back in again - still nothing.

I thought it might an issue with my Xbox account, so I fired up my Xbox Series X and the update had already started when the dashboard (Xbox desktop) was displayed. I was also able to install the Content Manager World Updates and a smaller update for the 103 microlight I bought in a sale with some Microsoft Points.

Back to the PC (if you're still reading!) and I remembered a hint from ages ago about resetting the Xbox credentials, and luckily that did the trick - here's what to do:

In the taskbar search window, type 'credential' and select 'Credential Manager' from the list.

In the Credential Manager screen, Web Credentials will be highlighted, select Windows Credentials next to it.

In the new screen will be a long list under 'Generic Credentials', most of them beginning with 'XblGrts'.

Click on and remove all these 'XblGrts' items, then reboot your PC.

I launched the Xbox App once again, and straight away an options window opened informing me that my Microsoft and Xbox accounts were different - so THAT'S why the update wouldn't start - and I should select one or the other to use for this PC. I chose my Xbox account, the window closed and I was able to select MSFS in my Library to start the update at last.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Oh yes, quite aware of that. Don't even think of saying something blasphemous about the developer gods - you get a summary and permanent ban. Hyperbole is lost on some... Anyway, those dudes are far from my biggest problem in life.

Hope you all have succesfull update. :pilot:

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

All low and slow so far, Cessna 172 and Just Flight Warrior flying around Michigan and California. Much improved smoothness in VR and everything working just fine!!

VR is smoother? I’m looking forward to updating :)

Just got to get work out of the way first

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I had an issue with looping packages during downloading. I noticed it was getting stuck at the generic AI models. Then I remembered a mod Tim posted that I did renaming the "generic" in the aircraft.cfg's.

Solution: Pause Downloading and quit. Then went into the Official folder and simply deleted all 7 of the generic aircraft.

After restarting, updating continued normally refreshing the generic AI models.

Still going to do Tim's mod again since I don't like hearing "Generic" mentioned in ATC.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Still going to do Tim's mod again since I don't like hearing "Generic" mentioned in ATC.

I'll have a proper, stand-alone mod for this ready to upload in a day or two - I'll name it ATC Generic Callouts Mod so stay tuned!

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi,

For me, with SU9, it seems that the issue of not being able to Arm the Spoilers so that they deploy automatically upon touchdown has been fixed. Yay! Also, the issue of the scoring not updating correctly for the Challenges, seems to also be fixed (at least in my case). They seem to be updating correctly for the Challenges that 've tested so far. In my case, this one was a "good update", so far. Thanks MS/Asobo.

Mario

Edited by marioalberto
spelling

I'll have a proper, stand-alone mod for this ready to upload in a day or two - I'll name it ATC Generic Callouts Mod so stay tuned!

Ah, found a way to drop it into the Community folder without editing the originals? Glad I waited and will be watching for it. :)

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Ah, found a way to drop it into the Community folder without editing the originals? Glad I waited and will be watching for it. :)

It's up on flightsim.to now and should be in the library here later.

Welcome back, you'll enjoy this story then:

I've had a nightmare with this update because it just wouldn't start - neither Microsoft Store, the Xbox App nor the sim itself would see that an update was available.

I tried logging out of my Microsoft and Xbox accounts, rebooting and logging back in again - still nothing.

I thought it might an issue with my Xbox account, so I fired up my Xbox Series X and the update had already started when the dashboard (Xbox desktop) was displayed. I was also able to install the Content Manager World Updates and a smaller update for the 103 microlight I bought in a sale with some Microsoft Points.

Back to the PC (if you're still reading!) and I remembered a hint from ages ago about resetting the Xbox credentials, and luckily that did the trick - here's what to do:

In the taskbar search window, type 'credential' and select 'Credential Manager' from the list.

In the Credential Manager screen, Web Credentials will be highlighted, select Windows Credentials next to it.

In the new screen will be a long list under 'Generic Credentials', most of them beginning with 'XblGrts'.

Click on and remove all these 'XblGrts' items, then reboot your PC.

I launched the Xbox App once again, and straight away an options window opened informing me that my Microsoft and Xbox accounts were different - so THAT'S why the update wouldn't start - and I should select one or the other to use for this PC. I chose my Xbox account, the window closed and I was able to select MSFS in my Library to start the update at last.

If you get issues Tim, what hope for the rest of us?! Not me this time, or actually ever! My update was smooth.

Roy

That's very interesting and I have saved that method and will check it on my desktop MSFS machine.

I had a weird update this time but I noticed that the X-Box app on win10 had just updated or even maybe wasn't finished.

I wasn't expecting the update and noticed that the usual Microsoft Store bit had already happened. But then it wouldn't get past the piccy of that city and I tried my usual fix.

Which is to fix the x-box app. These days I find it easier/quicker to delete it, restart, go to microsoft store, resinstall it: usually works. But it didn't on update day. however the same trick worked OK next day and all was well. (Any probs with the sim and I never suspect it - just the X-box app and 99.9% of the time its that).

Sim is now running fine except weirdly any default ASOBO MFDs are inop. The flight instrument panels show no values, ditto the engine instruments and nav MFDs are just blank. This is despite proper startup and/or quick on runway startup.

Oh well - steam guages for a while until a fix happens

tiger1962 I saved your post in case I have that same issue again. I had the same thing happen about a month after I bought the sim. I used the XBox for PC for almost a year after the sim came out. I could never fix the issue of why the sim would never update. I then contacted my credit card to reverse the charge since MS would not issue a refund. Mysteriously about 4 days after my CC bank contacted MS my sim updated and started working again. It's been fine since. I had posted my issue in the official forum but it was always closed. I never had more than 1 request for help open at one time. The moderators just wouldn't keep my post open.