Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Still No Third Party Planes ?????

Blog Entries

Default Still No Third Party Planes ?????

Hi, I have been out of the sim hobby due to travel and work
    i sat down for a relax and launch MS2020, waited for the long update of several countries Japan, UK USA etc

Glad MS is monthly coming with improvs and upgrades

But what is it with the SDK ? seems still people struggling

Only 2 aircraft addons (I mean "aircraft" not experimental never-heard-about planes) have been launched, both by carenado (ovation and PA44)
    Hate those who release airplanes with a default different cockpit, like some are doing with Airbuses, although its true an Airbus "saw one, saw them all" (except for the great A300/310)

The rest? nothing
    Some large addon companies havent even mentioned they are building MS2020 versions (Captainsim, PMDG still nothing), and specially the golden age planes of jets alone (I name them cause know them by heart: Comet, Caravelle, 707, 747-200, 727, 737-200, DC10, L1011, DC8, DC9, Fokker, Trident, VC10, BAC111) are so long down the road since they would probably be freeware github developpers once sdk is really open

must be the DRM stuff..tss

anyway, never has the flightsim community found itself in the latest sim version with such a dull fleet of cockpit planes
    Kapitan
    Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Default Still No Third Party Planes ?????

PMDG has said they're working on a MSFS aircraft, as have a others. There is a third party 737 (nothing close to PMDG though), and other aircraft out there. Then there are projects like the FBW A320 for improving the default A320.

From some developer comments, it sounds like the SDK is very capable, though maybe not documented very well, if you want to use the new methods. For those looking to bring pre-exisitng code over, such as PMDG, updates to the SDK are still needed.

Edit: If you want an old plane, there's a Bleriot available.

https://wing42.com/en/msfs-addons/29...-for-msfs.html
    Last edited by loki; 02-25-2021 at 01:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Yep, i see

guess will keep waiting

thanks for the Bleriot link, but I pass, will wait for those jets

forgot a few, 757, BAE series, old Gulfstream Falcon, 767-200, or lets put it this way: jets that sound like jets and not the current vaccuum cleaners haha
    Kapitan

The reality is that it will just take time both for the SDK to be completed and for developers to learn it and create the add-ons.

Still not a jet, but there is a DC-3 on the way.

https://fselite.net/previews/aeropla...ght-simulator/

Nels also regularly posts articles on the front page here about new and upcoming aircraft for MSFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    (except for the great A300/310)
    The latest MSFS development update references an A310-300 in the works from iniSimulations.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/febr...opment-update/

I know msfs has only been out for 6 months, but remember all the great FREE planes for FSX? Asobo's choice of planes was rather homogeneous too! Many planes that are basically the same,

Quote Originally Posted by kapitan View Post
    (i mean "aircraft" not experimental never-heard-about planes)
    Name:  Tears_of_Joy_Emoji_Icon_60x60.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  3.7 KB

Blog Entries

Yes, Whats keeping most folks in Xplane and P3Dv4 or 5 or even die hard FSX is the possibility of having a variety of good planes WITH REALISTIC cockpits specially of those planes that prevailed the skies in the near past.

Come on...the past is the main reason we sit in front of a computer to sim.

If you are 18yo or 20 and planning to take licence and a career you will enjoy simming modern cockpits to an extent. Soon you will get so much involved with real flying that simming will have no point.

Many will argue that stock planes are found in many airports. While this is true, it doesnt describe reality. Taking the whole world not just US, a large percentage of small and medium planes are still analog

So for a vast majority, we sit in a computer to sim remembering times gone by. Wether its six months ago because you did a particular flight, or 40 years ago, or perhaps 50 years when you were a kid flying as a passenger in great planes. Or even not about you, but remembering your Dad who was a pilot and flew 70 years ago!!

Simming is remembering, emulating, "doing as you saw in real" , all these relate to past tense.

MS2020 has better graphics, better scenery, better airports...whats missing?

Its missing the planes that made people love aviation
    Kapitan

None of that can happen until the SDK Aircraft Container is completed, and that's still a work in progress.
    Nevertheless, Carenado have launched an MSFS Cessna, a Piper and a Mooney with gauges. Lionheart have launched an MSFS Socata Trinidad. Aeroplane Heaven are about to launch their MSFS Spitfire. There's a freeware PBY Catalina due for launch anytime now.
    I hope the payware developers all get their money because I'm not interested in having any of that in MSFS.
    THIS civilian flight sim is all about here and now in every way, and yes maybe the near future with zero emissions concept aircraft - why not?
    There are plenty of other flight sims for older aircraft and warplanes, with the scenery of the era to match. Flight simmers have never been so spoilt for choice!
    Last edited by tiger1962; 02-26-2021 at 10:25 AM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    MS2020 has better graphics, better scenery, better airports...whats missing?

Its missing the planes that made people love aviation
    True, but you've overlooked the appeal for those of us who enjoy flying "what might have been" aircraft, those that never made it off the drawing board. Or that originated from works of fiction. My grandson loves to fly the imaginary MIG-31 Firefox, like Clint Eastwood did in the movie. One of my FSX favorites is the Tupolev 330 cargo hauler, which didn't get Putin's approval, never went into production.

It's not just about nostalgia. There are some of us who enjoy using our imaginations when we fly our "legacy" simulator programs.

Name:  294-firefox2zip-121-thumb.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  16.0 KB

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast