Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: When flying over the Netherlands

1. Default When flying over the Netherlands

ATTENTION PLEASE:

It seems a concern has been voiced by someone in the Netherlands about the inherent danger of flying with a canoe. To address this concern FSX Canada has issued a notam to all Canadian FSX pilots to limit flying over the Netherlands to using just an airplane and no canoe! While I may disagree with this sentiment I firmly believe in respecting the beliefs of other FSX citizens throughout the world and will abide by the *one* dissenting opinion coming from somewhere in the Netherlands. As proof that I am obeying as instructed I offer photographic proof that I HAVE NOT STRAPPED A CANOE TO MY PLANE FOR MY NEXT FLIGHT!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stewart_spb011.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	215638

Name:	stewart_spb010.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	215639

Thank you for your kind attention regarding this matter!
    Gary

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Always listen carefully to a von Peerhoven! Our statements are based on years of experience & wisdom, education, being noble and pretty and punching many noses. You're dooooooooomed!

Quote Originally Posted by poko View Post
    ATTENTION PLEASE:

It seems a concern has been voiced by someone in the Netherlands about the inherent danger of flying with a canoe. To address this concern FSX Canada has issued a notam to all Canadian FSX pilots to limit flying over the Netherlands to using just an airplane and no canoe! While I may disagree with this sentiment I firmly believe in respecting the beliefs of other FSX citizens throughout the world and will abide by the *one* dissenting opinion coming from somewhere in the Netherlands. As proof that I am obeying as instructed I offer photographic proof that I HAVE NOT STRAPPED A CANOE TO MY PLANE FOR MY NEXT FLIGHT!

Name:	stewart_spb011.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	215638

Name:	stewart_spb010.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	215639

Thank you for your kind attention regarding this matter!
    Gary
    That was an interesting response from the Netherlands in the first place. I know of one person from there has who dropped airplanes, golf carts, etc. into waterways, rivers, oceans, fairway water hazards, etc. for decades. I wonder why no one from the Netherlands ever asked that person to not fly over their house or especially their gold course, boat, and/or ship??

BTW: That's a great looking fuel drop tank shown attached to your plane!! I'm sure you're aware that during long distance flights the "drop tank" is often disposed or (dropped) when its' contents are exhausted. Perhaps a specific area in the Netherlands would be a good spot to dispose of your tank when you decide it is empty.

Michael
    Last edited by Rupert; 02-17-2020 at 02:40 PM.

"Perhaps a specific area in the Netherlands would be a good spot to dispose of your tank when you decide it is empty."

AH! TSK! and WHERE is that area??? HUH!!

6. Cool

Quote Originally Posted by peer01 View Post
    Always listen carefully to a von Peerhoven! Our statements are based on years of experience & wisdom, education, being noble and pretty and punching many noses. You're dooooooooomed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    That was an interesting response from the Netherlands in the first place. I know of one person from there has who dropped airplanes, golf carts, etc. into waterways, rivers, oceans, fairway water hazards, etc. for decades. I wonder why no one from the Netherlands ever asked that person to not fly over their house or especially their gold course, boat, and/or ship??

BTW: That's a great looking fuel drop tank shown attached to your plane!! I'm sure you're aware that during long distance flights the "drop tank" is often disposed or (dropped) when its' contents are exhausted. Perhaps a specific area in the Netherlands would be a good spot to dispose of your tank when you decide it is empty.

Michael
    I'm not to worried he'll be totally canoeless, won't even see me coming lol

Quote Originally Posted by peer01 View Post
    "Perhaps a specific area in the Netherlands would be a good spot to dispose of your tank when you decide it is empty."

AH! TSK! and WHERE is that area??? HUH!!
    Told you, he is completely canoeless

Blog Entries

A very strange conversation indeed. Regardless, I sure like the paint on that aircraft! Canoe or not

The first Camo canoe I've ever seen.
    Larry

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDSTRAKA View Post
    A very strange conversation indeed. Regardless, I sure like the paint on that aircraft! Canoe or not
    Well Jan started it!
    Thanks for liking the paint scheme though.

Quote Originally Posted by NMLW View Post
    The first Camo canoe I've ever seen.
    I'm sure Sears use to sell them back in the day I googled "camouflaged canoe" and apparently you can find all kinds of videos, pictures, and even vinyl shrink wrap kits to camo your canoe! Go figure...

Gary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poko View Post
    Well Jan started it!
    Thanks for liking the paint scheme though.

I'm sure Sears use to sell them back in the day I googled "camouflaged canoe" and apparently you can find all kinds of videos, pictures, and even vinyl shrink wrap kits to camo your canoe! Go figure...

Gary
    Yes, Von Peerhoven can stir up a vortex from time to time

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast