Can we please, please, please have more time to edit a post?

defaid

There is no time limit to edit a post.

Not on my browser where the text is even saved if I exit by accident. I'll look into this more, but this seems like a browser issue more than a forum issue.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Please tell us which browser you're using! I'm using Microsoft Edge, the default browser in Windows 11 and I get timed out after about 2 minutes.

• Thanks 1

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

27 minutes ago, tiger1962 said:

Please tell us which browser you're using! I'm using Microsoft Edge, the default browser in Windows 11 and I get timed out after about 2 minutes.

Same here with Safari on Mac, Edge and Google Chrome on Microsoft. 

Thanks, Adrian!  I'm using Chromebook and it's about 2 minutes after hitting the submit. 😀

OK, something has changed!  I am now editing this post from 10 minutes ago!  I was going to say that ADMIN/Moderator privileges allow an

infinite amount of time for editing.  Looks like there has been a change made!

Edited by mrzippy
adding info

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

49 minutes ago, mrzippy said:

Thanks, Adrian!  I'm using Chromebook and it's about 2 minutes after hitting the submit. 😀

OK, something has changed!  I am now editing this post from 10 minutes ago!  I was going to say that ADMIN/Moderator privileges allow an

infinite amount of time for editing.  Looks like there has been a change made!

Actually, there was a setting available.

The default was set at 5mn to edit a post. Not sure why some of you were timing out at 30 to 120 seconds. I changed the setting to 30mn now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Adrian K said:

Actually, there was a setting available.

The default was set at 5mn to edit a post. Not sure why some of you were timing out at 30 to 120 seconds. I changed the setting to 30mn now.

Much appreciated! 👌

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

47 minutes ago, mrzippy said:

I changed the setting to 30mn now.

Thank you Sir!

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

36 minutes ago, lnuss said:

Thanks, Adrian. It's much appreciated.

+1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

On 6/8/2023 at 9:37 PM, PhrogPhlyer said:

+1

Plus another!  My limit was so fast I couldn't even read my posted article and edit it at all.  I'd guess the time at one (1) minute or less.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.