DID YOU KNOW: That if you have installed MSFS but then, for whatever reason, have had to remove MSFS from your PC you must purchase it again. The installation key is only good for one install. You read this right. ONE install. So now, after spending over $240, I have MSFS 2020 on my PC again, hoping that nothing goes wrong with it or my PC. 🤕 😰 

Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

That's rough, but it also doesn't sound right. I've installed my copy of MSFS 5 or 6 times over the last two years, and have only needed to ever buy it once. I bought it on the microsoft store.

It's unfortunate that you spent the money already. But if I may, I would have asked around first - it's a lot of money (for me anyway) and worth a second opinion. That said, if mrzippy is correct, you may just have received a raw deal.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

the ONLY time I paid for the sim was when I went to the hightest tier.  Other then that, no need to purchase again, and like @KiloWatt also pointed out, I installed it several times as well.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

It is some time ago that I needed to reinstall. But I could recover the licence from Microsoft store. There are how-to-s on the internet, who exactly to do it.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 32Gb RAM,

NVidia Geforce RTX 2600, 3 Monitors (two 1280 x 1024, one 1920 x 1080),

SSD 1000 GB and SSD 500 GB

I pre-ordered my copy from the Microsoft Store before launch, and have re-installed it 3 times without issue - most recently, two weeks ago onto my new PC - no way should you ever need to re-purchase the sim.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

That is not right. As others have said, you should be able to reinstall without purchasing again. Where did you originally purchase the sim? You should try reaching to the store and see if they can help you with reinstalling using the original licence, and refund the second one.

• Thanks 1

Uninstalled and reinstalled several times, this story does not sound correct, would you like to add where you purchased the original program from??

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

On 3/3/2023 at 9:51 PM, Ducktooth said:

DID YOU KNOW: That if you have installed MSFS but then, for whatever reason, have had to remove MSFS from your PC you must purchase it again. The installation key is only good for one install. You read this right. ONE install. So now, after spending over $240, I have MSFS 2020 on my PC again, hoping that nothing goes wrong with it or my PC. 🤕 😰 

I suspect you haven't fully explained your situation, perhaps you could elaborate?

Perhaps you actually changed to a new PC? and your purchase key didnt work as its tied to your hardware (window worked like that for a short time, I forget what version)

I just changed to a new PC and MSFS (MS Store version) installed as normal.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

On 3/3/2023 at 4:28 PM, mrzippy said:

How was your Sim purchased?  Xbox, Microsoft Store or Steam Store?  I was reading where someone bought it through Amazon and had a one-time one-use key.

It was actually disc standard version from eBay.

On 3/7/2023 at 6:33 AM, Hyperdark said:

I suspect you haven't fully explained your situation, perhaps you could elaborate?

Perhaps you actually changed to a new PC? and your purchase key didnt work as its tied to your hardware (window worked like that for a short time, I forget what version)

Same PC but I had to format my drive. 

On 3/7/2023 at 5:19 PM, amberdog1 said:

I have steam and have reinstalled about 2 weeks abo w/o any issues... interesting that you had to buy it again...

AD

Not a reinstall. Like I said I had to completely remove and install it again. 

On 3/4/2023 at 9:03 AM, davidc2 said:

the ONLY time I paid for the sim was when I went to the hightest tier.  Other then that, no need to purchase again, and like @KiloWatt also pointed out, I installed it several times as well.

I had to completely wipe my main drive and not reinstall, but install it a second time. 

Ok, there is only one place that sells the legitimate disk version and it's not eBay. Hope the second time you purchased from MS, Steam, or Aerosoft. Then you will never have to purchase again, even for multiple computers.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

On 3/13/2023 at 12:59 AM, JSkorna said:

Ok, there is only one place that sells the legitimate disk version and it's not eBay. Hope the second time you purchased from MS, Steam, or Aerosoft. Then you will never have to purchase again, even for multiple computers.

Hi Skorna, you can also buy the discs from some pilot's supply outfits like Transair I'm sure other places too.

Duck, perhaps you'd like to edit the forthright but incorrect  assertion in your first post?

8 hours ago, Hyperdark said:

Hi Skorna, you can also buy the discs from some pilot's supply outfits like Transair I'm sure other places too.

Duck, perhaps you'd like to edit the forthright but incorrect  assertion in your first post?

I'm sure you can, but there are only 3 official retailers of MSFS: the MS Store, Steam and Aerosoft. Purchase anywhere else and you are at risk for things like a one time use license.

• Thanks 1
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png