New Forum Software

Adrian K

I won't be using flightsim if it remains in this format. I want to check quickly what was the "newest files." Here you can only see a few newly added files and then the feed stops. The old format you scan across several new files and their summaries all on the same page. This is nowhere nearly as good. 

5 hours ago, expat2 said:

I won't be using flightsim if it remains in this format. I want to check quickly what was the "newest files." Here you can only see a few newly added files and then the feed stops. The old format you scan across several new files and their summaries all on the same page. This is nowhere nearly as good. 

It's remaining in this format. Now, things are a work in progress so adjustments will be made. FYI, the old site is completely gone so no going back there.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

5 minutes ago, WaistGunner said:

I'm old .... the younger generation can handle it!

Gunner, I too am liking the new format. And I must say, for us silver haired eagles, there are an awful lot of people who fall into the younger generation category! 😉

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

On 1/14/2023 at 8:19 AM, mick99 said:

This is absolutely horrible.  Either it's literally impossible to browse the library or it's so difficult that it's  practically impossible.  

Connecting to what mick99 has stated above I see no way anymore to check newest FS2004 Aircraft Uploads.

• Like 1

I just commented elsewhere on Windows 11 and it's integration with other devices.
Kinda the same here with the forum software and integrating it with social media. It is what it is.

I couldn't see a good way to search for files in the file library. Might've missed something as I didn't look very hard but hope this will be looked at closely as it's imo the most important element of the entire site.

Mark Daniels

Along the top menu bar, click Popular Downloads and select All Categories. Click on any words in the list such as FS2004 Scenery, and that section will open for you.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I would like flightsim.com to continue to use a "display" button to allow a user to see what's in the file prior to downloading.

It's rare but sometimes an "aircraft.cfg" file is missing as a stand alone file although it can be found in the readme.txt file.

With a scenery file, I like to know what, if any, additional files such as ez-scenery files are required. I tend to avoid downloading any scenery that requires a large amount of add-ons.

4 minutes ago, Downwind66 said:

Is there a way of private messaging, or has that been eliminated?

If you hover the name of a member , you will see this option

You should see the icon for your messaged on the top menu. Old messages have been preserved.

Message.thumb.jpg.60f24ab7dd5cbd74e70283d2ab350770.jpg

• Like 2

I am really liking the single click on the Activity (bullhorn) icon on the top right.

I review the list of all activities across the forums. Allowing me to appreciate the breath and scope of the full MSFS world.

This site gets better and better the more you try all the features.

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

19 hours ago, tiger1962 said:

Along the top menu bar, click Popular Downloads and select All Categories. Click on any words in the list such as FS2004 Scenery, and that section will open for you.

Got it, thanks.
For anyone reading and to take it further:
Once you open a category as explained above, you then need to go to the search box and type in what you want while "This Category" is selected. Now you can search for specific files within each category.

Mark Daniels

The problem I am seeing with the file search is that you can't get any results using the original file name, it is not even displayed on the landing page for the actual file. This is a must fix. Of course if I am missing something here please let us know.

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]