Sim says update required from store. Store says everything is up to date?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable, cannot imagine why this was made so complicated. C'mon Asobo get your act together before we all lose the enthusiasm

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

Down load the XBOX App in Microsoft store. Check for updates. Start Flight Sim. If you get the update message, go back to store and check for updates again. This worked for me, I am up and running.
Windows 11, Intel i9-9900K, 32GB DDR4/3000 MHz, GeForce RTX 2070, 1TB M.2 Drive dedicated to Flight Sim

Exactly. Just to be clear folks, you have to go hunting for the brand new XBOX app, not the new or recently installed Xbox Game Bar.... then follow Energizer23's instructions as they wrote. Why they made it so hard and without anywhere near enough communication I do not know...

Update,

I am currently downloading what I believe to be the update. (2.67g)

Found a thread on Zendesk with the following steps:

Their suggested steps:

1. Go to the Microsoft Store and search for the ‘Xbox’ App.

2. Download the ‘Xbox’ App and click ‘Launch’.

3. Once the Xbox App is running, go back to the Microsoft Store to ‘Downloads and Updates’ and click ‘Get Updates’

The MSFS update should start to download.

Note In step 3 I did not go back to the store. I tried I do not remember the complete steps in the app that I clicked. Was not really expecting it to work. But I know it was not hidden there. Easy to find the update.

There is a Store button in the Xbox app. I used that.

I will post when it is done to let you know if it worked or not.

Hal

Spelling corrections/

This worked for me as well. Really appreciate the tip!

I did have to do the Launch the new Xbox app thing, but then the World Update downloaded just fine, same for then going into Content Manager and downloading the 5 or 6 updates that were available.

YES, I DO agree that it should NOT be this complicated or problem prone just to update an existing game, but I ain't no programmer ner nuthin' and this game does cover the whole darn World, so it's doubtless a far more complex process than I could even imagine.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

After I opened Steam and clicked "play" to start MSFS today, first there was a small update on Steam (to MSFS, I think), next MSFS opened with the "checking for updates" screen, then MSFS minimized to a smaller screen showing the basic-version MSFS cover and a direction to install a "mandatory" update, which I did. Once that was completed, MSFS reverted to full screen. Then I went to the Marketplace to download and install the latest World Update. And that was it. I thought updates of Microsoft Store editions would require fewer steps.
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

I just wanted to thank the brain trust on this forum. I had the same frustrating problem you all did this morning. I waited and counted on you all to find the solution and you did. I missed a day of flying, but otherwise all seems to be well. (Fingers crossed: I've launched the sim but haven't actually begun a flight.)

Dave

Down load the XBOX App in Microsoft store. Check for updates. Start Flight Sim. If you get the update message, go back to store and check for updates again. This worked for me, I am up and running.

Yah. I did something like that. WTF should you have to DL an XBox app to access a DL for MSFS??!! Anyway, it seemed to have worked, and I am in the air again.

Now, let's see what happens when I put all my add-ons back in the Community folder.

Words cannot express . . . .

I did have to do the Launch the new Xbox app thing, but then the World Update downloaded just fine, same for then going into Content Manager and downloading the 5 or 6 updates that were available.

YES, I DO agree that it should NOT be this complicated or problem prone just to update an existing game, but I ain't no programmer ner nuthin' and this game does cover the whole darn World, so it's doubtless a far more complex process than I could even imagine.

It does not matter how much of the world MSFS covers, dammit! What matters is whether the procedure to install a MANDATORY update is comprehensible to knowledgeable and experienced simmers, like most of us on these forums. This contretemps has been ineffingexcusable.

I just wanted to thank the brain trust on this forum. I had the same frustrating problem you all did this morning. I waited and counted on you all to find the solution and you did. I missed a day of flying, but otherwise all seems to be well. (Fingers crossed: I've launched the sim but haven't actually begun a flight.)

Dave

Amen!

I started the updated around 5:30pm yesterday. When I go up, I found out, it is still updating!! lol

It almost seems that it had restarted it. Can't prove it (was asleep dreaming of flying, lol)

Edit-it WAS reloading 57/63, watched it go from 97% back to 36% Sigh :(

Edited by davidc2
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

And it worked for me as well. Thank goodness for forums such as this. I would never have worked it out otherwise. It is incredible that the system has been changed without plenty of pre-warning to customers.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

It is incredible that the system has been changed without plenty of pre-warning to customers.

The system hasn't changed, you still need to have the current version of the Xbox App installed in Windows 10. The current version was released on MS Store on August 10th which was when I installed it. I check MS Store for new updates every day just in case - and there's a new Xbox and Xbox Game Bar App update today.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

No, the Xbox Console is obsolete now.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have the same problem. I have tried the two solutions offered on the forum - restart and the "three dots" + icon click but no luck. I also tried the elaborate set of steps from Microsoft - update Windows 10, synchronize time settings, move the community package out of the way, check that english (United states) is installed in languages then go to the store and update the sim. Didn't work.

How about buying a new PC ... $3400.00 plus. all ready and, bang cannot even get the update at all. Hate to be negative but this is a real blow to me! I tried al the appreciated tips but when i click on ok it closes the sim to the store which has no clue that i even own the sim!