Sim says update required from store. Store says everything is up to date?

Good day good people,

I have the sim telling me a mandatory update via the store is required. Click on OK and it opens the store and closes the sim. This is normal.

Problem is the store tells me I am good to go, everything is up to date. Has anyone else seen this issue and got by it? if so what was your method?

What I have tried:

Log out of the store and reboot. Log back into the store. Look for updates. Again it says none. I have done this numerous times.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you probably already tried this so please don't take it as an insult just trying to throw ideas out there.

But after you reset your computer your computer did you try to open up Microsoft light simulator and let it do its thing where it says checking for updates and then able to direct you automatically. It has happened to me before where I knew the update was out so I went right to the Microsoft store and it said the same thing.. that everything was up to date.

Then I shut Everything down, restarted my computer computer and opened up Microsoft light simulator like I was going to Normally and when the screen popped up that said checking for updates it then downloaded is loaded a small 500Mb file (or whatever) And then automatically redirected me to the Microsoft store where then it said it could be updated and then I had to update the 2GB do gigabyte update.

Good luck and I hope that helps, that's the 1st thing I'm doing when I get home from work today, Is download the update. Hopefully it won't take too long because I really want to fly want to fly and get on VATSIM. I have done q flights with vatsim and now I'm hooked .

Please keep us all updated and let us know how it goes good luck it may the flight be with you

I know you probably already tried this so please don't take it as an insult just trying to throw ideas out there.

But after you reset your computer your computer did you try to open up Microsoft light simulator and let it do its thing where it says checking for updates and then able to direct you automatically. It has happened to me before where I knew the update was out so I went right to the Microsoft store and it said the same thing.. that everything was up to date.

Then I shut Everything down, restarted my computer computer and opened up Microsoft light simulator like I was going to Normally and when the screen popped up that said checking for updates it then downloaded is loaded a small 500Mb file (or whatever) And then automatically redirected me to the Microsoft store where then it said it could be updated and then I had to update the 2GB do gigabyte update.

Good luck and I hope that helps, that's the 1st thing I'm doing when I get home from work today, Is download the update. Hopefully it won't take too long because I really want to fly want to fly and get on VATSIM. I have done q flights with vatsim and now I'm hooked .

Please keep us all updated and let us know how it goes good luck it may the flight be with you

What you described above is my normal procedure. Go to the sim get redirected to the store. This has always worked up until today.

I have, since posting, done both a repair and a reset but no joy yet. I am hoping I do not have to do a complete reinstall. The store now shows that the sim was modified minutes ago, but the version is 1.18.15.0 which is not the current version.

Thank for your reply. I am never insulted by someone's advise by the way,

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

I'm with you, I don't get insulted either. I only said that because about 2 weeks ago I was trying to give some suggestions and the guy that was asking for help basically ripped me a new one, saying he was so insulted and what do I think he is and idiot? Of course he tried that.... so on and so forth.

Another idea is that I know that it also depends on where you live, like thw east coast, west coast, Europe, ect.... I know what Microsoft tells us what time it comes out where you live, but so far every update and I mean from day 1, they have always been wrong. I live in Florida (east coast, USA- eastern standard time) and I have never been able to download thw update until around 4pm eastern time.

Where do you live? Maybe wait until 4pm your time and see what happens.

I know sometimes it is so hard to wait .. believe me I know but so far since the beginning that is what works for me.

Good luck and keep us posted

Nick Wanerka

Guys, try this:

Open MS Store and click on the three dots.

Select My Library.

Select Installed in the list on the far left.

Find Microsoft Flight Simulator and click on the thumbnail image (NOT the blue Launch button on the right!)

The game preview video will start and the initial update will start automatically.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for the reply Tim,

I followed your steps but did not get a preview video, just the image showing it installed and a play button.

Hal

Guys, try this:

Select My Library.

Find Microsoft Flight Simulator and click on the thumbnail image (NOT the blue Launch button on the right!)

The game preview video will start and the initial update will start automatically.

No, nothing. I just wait a day or so.

thx

I'm with you, I don't get insulted either. I only said that because about 2 weeks ago I was trying to give some suggestions and the guy that was asking for help basically ripped me a new one, saying he was so insulted and what do I think he is and idiot? Of course he tried that.... so on and so forth.

Another idea is that I know that it also depends on where you live, like thw east coast, west coast, Europe, ect.... I know what Microsoft tells us what time it comes out where you live, but so far every update and I mean from day 1, they have always been wrong. I live in Florida (east coast, USA- eastern standard time) and I have never been able to download thw update until around 4pm eastern time.

Where do you live? Maybe wait until 4pm your time and see what happens.

I know sometimes it is so hard to wait .. believe me I know but so far since the beginning that is what works for me.

Good luck and keep us posted

Nick Wanerka

I had a suggestion from Tiger1962 but no joy yet.

I am on the east coast of Canada. Prince Edward Island. Only reason I was really wanting it is I stream every day about noon my time. Not happening today that is for sure. Stupid me forgot that it was update day and didn't start trying until 30 minutes before going live.

I will keep you posted, especially if I get a good result.

Hal

Guys, try this:

Select My Library.

Downloaded the Update and Loaded the changes fine,,, But....... Got to plane on runway fine, menu items at bottom of page no longer function, neither does hitting ESC, all Profiles including Keyboard, have evaporated, X52 Controller still show. Could only leave the program by closing it with Task Manager. Community Folder came through unscathed. Speechless....

Edited by Gpurg
AMD Ryzen-7, 4800H, 4th Gen Radeon Graphics 2.90 - 32GB DDR4 - 512GB SSD Boot, 1TB HD, 1TB SSD - NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 6GB - ASUS TUF Gaming A15 Dedicated Gaming Laptop - Windows 10 Home - 55" Samsung 1920 x 1080 - MSFS Settings on High and Many on Ultra, with no jitter or lag. HOTAS Control - Std Logitech X52.

Ok, Reloaded the program in the MSFS Safe Mode where it removed All of the 3rd Party Add-On's. Program seems to be back to Normal, just missing a bunch of add-on's.. Now all that remains is to find out which one(s) are not compatible with the number VI Update.. Better, I think. I have about 16 Add-On's to test, one at a time....:(
AMD Ryzen-7, 4800H, 4th Gen Radeon Graphics 2.90 - 32GB DDR4 - 512GB SSD Boot, 1TB HD, 1TB SSD - NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 6GB - ASUS TUF Gaming A15 Dedicated Gaming Laptop - Windows 10 Home - 55" Samsung 1920 x 1080 - MSFS Settings on High and Many on Ultra, with no jitter or lag. HOTAS Control - Std Logitech X52.

I have got more worst problem. I could not update to Version 1.18.15 because I could not install the hot fixes earlier after a lot of different suggestions. Now I am trying to upgrade - no luck the sim even does not tell me that there is a mandatory update and when I try to update from the ms store, it tells me everything updated good to go

If you or any body could solve this problem for me then it will be a great relief. Thanking you all

smart guys.

Update,

I am currently downloading what I believe to be the update. (2.67g)

Found a thread on Zendesk with the following steps:

Their suggested steps:

1. Go to the Microsoft Store and search for the ‘Xbox’ App.

2. Download the ‘Xbox’ App and click ‘Launch’.

3. Once the Xbox App is running, go back to the Microsoft Store to ‘Downloads and Updates’ and click ‘Get Updates’

The MSFS update should start to download.

Note In step 3 I did not go back to the store. I tried I do not remember the complete steps in the app that I clicked. Was not really expecting it to work. But I know it was not hidden there. Easy to find the update.

There is a Store button in the Xbox app. I used that.

I will post when it is done to let you know if it worked or not.

Hal

Spelling corrections/

Edited by PEIRascal

Good news,

I am up and running again. Downloading the World update as I type.

Version number 1.19..8.0

Thanks to all who replied with suggestions.

Hal

Another big thanks to the poster that said to download and launch the "XBox App" from the store. That did the trick. I'm now at version 1.19.8.0 and the Installation Manager is now doing its thing with 2+ Gigs.

Updating this app is really a pain in the backside. That comes from somebody who recently retired from 35 years in corporate software development.

I am in the same stupid boat. Can't launch, and the store indicates there's no update available.

So, since it's clear I am not alone, allow me to vent a bit. I am constantly amazed at the foolishness of the computer jockeys who manage software. I'm sure they are very high-IQ people, but their breed seems incapable of imagining what other smart people will do when confronted by their on-screen prompts and obscurantist formats. Like this one. Double-click MSFS. It checks for updates, and then shows the screen I have captured in this screenshot.

WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO??!! You've already "launched," right? Or else you would not be getting this screen. So, by definition, you cannot comply unless you "End Task" and go to the Store, right? Or, you might click on "OK," which is what I did (because that's what I recall having done with previous updates). Nothing happened for about 5 minutes, so I clicked "OK" again. This time, the Store Home Page opened, in My Account. Checked for updates. Nothing for MSFS!

Can't update, can't fly. And BTW, the previous updates have all somehow been available, but, as I recall, in several instances, when you clicked on "OK," the DL started all by itself, and you were good to go in due course. But you could never really be confident that the update was downloading, or that the download had installed.

Stupid Screen.jpg

"I am in the same stupid boat. Can't launch, and the store indicates there's no update available."

Guys, I have the same problem as is now very well described here. Can I just check with you all, I have the DVD version, do you? Maybe us DVD users have to wait a bit? Could it be they updated the people who originally downloaded the game from the store or from steam first?