Sunrise Over Bermuda

Here's 3 quick shots of the sun rising this morning over L.F. Wade International Airport (TKXF) on the island of Bermuda with FS2020 real world weather.

In the shots we're in our Citation CJ4 awaiting takeoff clearance on Runway 30 , then leveling off after a maximum performance takeoff, and finally starting our climb up to our FL330 cruise altitude with a view of the islands famous "fishhook" shape in the distance.

bda1.jpg

bda2.jpg

bda3.jpg

Edited by BillD22

Great shots, Bill! How does the CJ4 fly? I've been wanting to fly the Longitude, but I heard it's a mess.

Nice shots!

And I agree with engine70, we always like to hear a report of how well a specific aircraft flies!;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Stunning visuals on that one!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great shots, Bill! How does the CJ4 fly? I've been wanting to fly the Longitude, but I heard it's a mess.

Thanks for the good words guys.

I haven't flown the Longitude - just the CJ4. From what you read on the forums it seems like all of the FS2020 aircraft have some "mess" type bugs and issues of one kind or another but so far the CJ4 basic handling characteristics seem pretty good to me.

Although there are a bunch of "INOP" switches and functions the panel appears to be an exact duplicate of the real airplane and the AP and flight management system functions I've tried out have worked - which is not true for some of the other stock aircraft. Just for grins here's a picture of the real panel:

CJ4 Real.jpg

The CJ4 does seem a little overpowered at times - the airplane frequently over speeds if you don't watch the power setting - so the thrust may need some tweaking and the fuel flow is way off so if you haven't already done it I'd suggest getting the community developed fuel flow fix here:

https://flightsim.to/file/35/textron-citation-cj4-accurate-fuel-fix

While you're at it I'd pick up the community fuel flow fixes for the B747-8i and A320neo + thrust fix for the 320 as well.

But overall the more I fly the CJ4 the better I like it. Your mileage may vary. :D

Edited by BillD22

Thanks for the detailed reply Bill!! And I'm sure you fix files you mentioned will help many users!! ;)

We all are happier when we can learn and improve together!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks for the response, Bill! I was concerned about the fuel flow issues as well, but I wasn't aware there was a fix for that, so I'll have to give it a try.
Ryzen 5 3600X | RTX 2060 | 32 GB 3200 G.Skill RAM | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 SSD

• 2 years later...

Beautifully Shot!   

fsim_thumbup-logo.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful set!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64