Got my refund for MSFS

I think its awesome.

Just landed a flight with overcast weather in the Airbus, in FMC all working in detail with the Mod

upgrade.

On Monday i thought: I think Im going to reinstall XPlane so I can fly the 737 zibo while theres is no alternative in MSFS. Did that. Started the sim and got the "shock change" , visuals that are not even close to MSFS. Took off, flew a while and thought: naaaaa, what am i doing here, this is a step down.

Interrupted the flight, quit the sim, uninstalled

You see I tried to go back, its just not possible, once you try the several enhancements of MSFS, specially regarding aerodynamics and how the Airbus thrust speed responds to changes in temperature, wind, attitude, ...you go to the FMC, change the Air temperature and you ll hear the thrust adjusting, change weather settings the thrust and speed struggle adapting to the new environment in a way no other sim did before, its reading all the nature forces

No way Im going to the past

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its awesome.

Just landed a flight with overcast weather in the Airbus, in FMC all working in detail with the Mod

upgrade.

On Monday i thought: I think Im going to reinstall XPlane so I can fly the 737 zibo while theres is no alternative in MSFS. Did that. Started the sim and got the "shock change" , visuals that are not even close to MSFS. Took off, flew a while and thought: naaaaa, what am i doing here, this is a step down.

Interrupted the flight, quit the sim, uninstalled

You see I tried to go back, its just not possible, once you try the several enhancements of MSFS, specially regarding aerodynamics and how the Airbus thrust speed responds to changes in temperature, wind, attitude, ...you go to the FMC, change the Air temperature and you ll hear the thrust adjusting, change weather settings the thrust and speed struggle adapting to the new environment in a way no other sim did before, its reading all the nature forces

No way Im going to the past

If you love MSFS so much why don't you marry it? :p

If you love MSFS so much why don't you marry it? :p

At the risk of invoking unsought matrimonial advice - I am thoroughly enjoying a sim which does not ask me to spend hundreds of pounds on third party scenery to make it look good or pay £40 + a pop for an aircraft.

Sure, it has problems - just like every new or even mature products - but I am not interested in flying airliners - I just want to fly GA VFR to and over parts of the world I will never see. That being the case this thing has given me dozens of hours of pleasure. It’s relaxing at a very stressful time when along with millions of others I’m mostly stuck inside.

I appreciate it might not meet others differing requirements but there are plenty of other flight sims. For me, this is almost a work of art and one I am really glad is out just as we begin the inevitable slide into another national lockdown.

So long! stay safe and have long years with FS9 which I stopped using in 2006

after making many 2D cockpit addons for it

Im really glad MSFS is tough and dodgy on simers used to unrealistic FDE

Yes my friend, in real life its even more dodgy, plane twitches in all 3d dimensions, wind force you to fly sideways nearly always. If you are too high on approach you must learn to apply opposite pedal-aileron to reduce height without gaining speed (forward-slip) and many other techniques simmers dont even need to bother in a sim.

I really wish those who cannot handle it will go back to where they came from fs9 fsx p3d xplane so we can put threads about real flying techniques in autopilot in airbus or garmin and other issues that were eased down for amateurs in other sim versions

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

This program has a learning curve, but isn't that the point, to keep learning?

Even if you refuse to learn, the amazing scenery alone is worth the product!

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

At the risk of invoking unsought matrimonial advice - I am thoroughly enjoying a sim which does not ask me to spend hundreds of pounds on third party scenery to make it look good or pay £40 + a pop for an aircraft.

Sure, it has problems - just like every new or even mature products - but I am not interested in flying airliners - I just want to fly GA VFR to and over parts of the world I will never see. That being the case this thing has given me dozens of hours of pleasure. It’s relaxing at a very stressful time when along with millions of others I’m mostly stuck inside.

I appreciate it might not meet others differing requirements but there are plenty of other flight sims. For me, this is almost a work of art and one I am really glad is out just as we begin the inevitable slide into another national lockdown.

The sim is great for flying a 152 around

Those who complain the planes are dodgy or difficult to control, when I fly them with two fingers and so well trimmed sometimes dont even need to touch the yoke....let me tell you a story

Last year using P3D a friend came to visit me, never heard of the sim but was interested. I showed him how easy it was to fly straight and level. I took off and gave him the controls to try the sim for the first time.

The plane was flying virtually without needing to touch it. Only two fingers here and there

When I passed the controls to him...you know what happened?

It jerked from one side to the other, spin out of control.

- "Its very hard to control", he said

I know it was not, simply he was not trained for it. He was not a pilot, or a sim pilot

Same thing happens in MSFS, those of you complaining are just coming from an "easier" flightsim and are either not used to a more demanding sim, or never have piloted a real either

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

those of you complaining are just coming from an "easier" flightsim and are either not used to a more demanding sim, or never have piloted a real either

Kapitan, I've been simming since '87 FS 3.0. Helped me get my instruments license. Flying with FSX for years I didn't think X Plane was worth and never wanted to touch it. But I wanted a 64bit sim. Now I'm not going to praise X Plane. It is basic and you have to add in scenery and stuff but it wasn't bad to get through.

You got to remember this isn't MSFS. Its Abosos flight sim teaming up with MS. This rendering engine has nothing to do with MS and its crap.

So I'm glad you're having a good time with it but a lot of people are getting sick of failure after failure after updates. So when people come on here to say they are having problems, they are looking for people with the same problems with MSFS. No one cares you aren't having trouble in this thread!

Yea! Happy for you - go away.

Edited by texvindictive

You post a thread saying "you got your refund" and are still laming and puting the sim down?

Sir, you got your refund in August 24th and you are still here??????

sure you must have uninstalled it already

What are you still doing in this Forum?

You should go away

What you are doing is just trolling

a person that gets a refund and a month later is still moaning about in the sim forum is a troll and should be reported

Kapitan

+1 Kapitan. I have logged over 67 hours flight time in MSFS so far.

That's FLIGHT TIME.

Not struggling with controller config and swearing time.

Not struggling with autopilot and swearing time.

FLIGHT TIME.

It CAN be done.

And if I can do it, so can YOU.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Kapitan, I've been simming since '87 FS 3.0. Helped me get my instruments license. Flying with FSX for years I didn't think X Plane was worth and never wanted to touch it. But I wanted a 64bit sim. Now I'm not going to praise X Plane. It is basic and you have to add in scenery and stuff but it wasn't bad to get through.

You got to remember this isn't MSFS. Its Abosos flight sim teaming up with MS. This rendering engine has nothing to do with MS and its crap.

So I'm glad you're having a good time with it but a lot of people are getting sick of failure after failure after updates. So when people come on here to say they are having problems, they are looking for people with the same problems with MSFS. No one cares you aren't having trouble in this thread!

Yea! Happy for you - go away.

Well said !! everyone wants him to go away

Well said !! everyone wants him to go away

Wrong.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

+1 Kapitan. I have logged over 67 hours flight time in MSFS so far.

That's FLIGHT TIME.

Not struggling with controller config and swearing time.

Not struggling with autopilot and swearing time.

FLIGHT TIME.

It CAN be done.

And if I can do it, so can YOU.

25 HS Flight Time here Tim, I need to do more long hauls!

Kapitan

I feel I get far more entertainment from this forum than I could from MSFS to be honest.

Right now it's the Rebel Alliance vs the Galactic Empire.

MSFS is either Microsoft Flight Simulator or it is Microsoft Frustration Simulator.

Battles are underway but in time one side will ultimately rule the universe. lol

Mark Daniels

25 HS Flight Time here Tim, I need to do more long hauls!

LOL! I fly around the UK in the (modded) Bonanza G36 & DA62, and down to the Mediterranean and Aegean in the (also modded) Citation CJ4, they're very easy to fly when modded.

I'm saving the airliners and other premium deluxe planes until they're fully patched, which won't be long now.

I'm flying the CJ4 as my own charter airline, TWA (Tim Wright Airlines) and ATC recognise the code!

So maybe there's hope for you 'classic' airliner guys after all...

Edited by tiger1962

LOL! I fly around the UK in the (modded) Bonanza G36 & DA62, and down to the Mediterranean and Aegean in the (also modded) Citation CJ4, they're very easy to fly when modded.

I'm saving the airliners and other premium deluxe planes until they're fully patched, which won't be long now.

I'm flying the CJ4 as my own charter airline, TWA (Tim Wright Airlines) and ATC recognise the code!

So maybe there's hope for you 'classic' airliner guys after all...

Great news!

Are all the MODs in Github?

Going for them now, thanks!

Kapitan

Noted Dominic, thanks.

@Kapitan: Yes they're in Github, I got the links from the official MSFS Forum.

I recommend boxing gloves, Dom! ;)

You've got a point there Charlie - might as well lock it now.

Seriously, this forum is for MSFS users and NOT for those who don't use it and don't want others to use it.

Aww heck I didn't mean you Vern!

In the past I've complained on the P3D forum about people abusing the EULA, which they ALL do, and had the thread locked.

Having given some Give, I think I'm due some Take.

Regarding P3D, I really hope that Microsoft have a quiet word with Lockheed Martin sometime soon, along the lines of:

"Sellin' the sim to folks who ain't entitled - THAT'S a paddlin"

Edited by tiger1962