TTPP to LEAL - Flying the Queen. I do miss Northwest

Piarco International (TTPP) Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago to Alicante (LEAL) Alicante, Spain. 7.7 hour flight across the pond.

PART 1

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

fsscr011.jpg

fsscr012.jpg

fsscr013.jpg

fsscr014.jpg

fsscr015.jpg

fsscr016.jpg

fsscr017.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

part 2

fsscr018.jpg

fsscr019.jpg

fsscr020.jpg

fsscr021.jpg

fsscr022.jpg

fsscr023.jpg

fsscr024.jpg

fsscr025.jpg

fsscr026.jpg

fsscr027.jpg

fsscr028.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're right! That plane is a great plane!

She sure is a beauty. It will be a sad day when the last one is retired :(

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

She sure is a beauty. It will be a sad day when the last one is retired :(

Yes, I've flown several places in the world on 747s. And it's really nice if you have a seat on the upper deck! In fact on one round trip to Japan on Northwest, I sat upstairs in what was literally a piano bar, complete with a baby grand piano and a stewardess who played it from time to time!! :cool::cool:

But then I also have made a few trips from Tokyo to Komatsu in 747's that were outfitted like a city bus and literally were used on a daily basis for commuting and go to the store to shop in Tokyo! The seats on those planes were way small for us big Americans!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Yes, I've flown several places in the world on 747s. And it's really nice if you have a seat on the upper deck! In fact on one round trip to Japan on Northwest, I sat upstairs in what was literally a piano bar, complete with a baby grand piano and a stewardess who played it from time to time!! :cool::cool:

But then I also have made a few trips from Tokyo to Komatsu in 747's that were outfitted like a city bus and literally were used on a daily basis for commuting and go to the store to shop in Tokyo! The seats on those planes were way small for us big Americans!

I always wanted to take a flight in one. Never got the chance.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The Queen" suits you well David! I do love flying the ones I have collected over the years!

Thanks for sharing! - Rick :cool:

You bet Rick! I love flying her :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I remember years ago one time when Molly and I flew to England by British Air from Boston the 747 we flew on was named "The City of Westminster." It was a sweet plane and of course the "British Food" served aboard was a true combination of wonderful food from throughout the old British Empire.

The return trip was also on a British Air 747 and the food equally wonderful. But since I don't have a picture of that plane, I can't remember what it was called.

I've already seen a few 747s in the scrap yards of Arizona. Having said that, since they've been recently updated, we will still see at least a couple of 747s flying in the US for awhile yet. They're often called, depending who is actually aboard that flight, "Air Force One."

Michael

Edited by Rupert

The 747 will likely remain like the landmark plane of the late 20th century

I'd the chance to fly aboard a one when returning from touring the USA. It was a Air France one. I was supposed to be back to Europe like I had come, that is through a charter, two-step flight via Iceland. The first leg to Iceland, by then Icelandic Airways however, was told cancelled when I got to JFK, New-York to take the flight. As the night Air France flight had still some seats left, I was for free transferred unto :) and a Custom man of JFK kindly drove me until the stairs. Great! When entering the 747, looked like me, and some other late passengers, were VIPs :):)

Edited by flightsimg
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

The 747 will likely remain like the landmark plane of the late 20th century

I'd the chance to fly aboard a one when returning from touring the USA. It was a Air France one. I was supposed to be back to Europe like I had come, that is through a charter, two-step flight via Iceland. The first leg to Iceland, by then Icelandic Airways however, was told cancelled when I got to JFK, New-York to take the flight. As the night Air France flight had still some seats left, I was for free transferred unto :) and a Custom man of JFK kindly drove me until the stairs. Great! When entering the 747, looked like me, and some other late passengers, were VIPs :):)

That’s awesome Gerard! I’ve heard it said, “You don’t get in a 747, you climb aboard!” :pilot:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's the first inaugural 747! God bless her, she gave us all very fond memories!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218530[/ATTACH]

Rick :cool:

That’s the one Rick! I remember doing a drawing of that one as a young boy and had it hanging in my room!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Funny that you say you miss NWA.

Personally, I have never hated an airline as much as Northworst. I once had such a bad experience that I swore I would never fly with them again, and that was in a period that I regularly flew between Amsterdam and Detroit. It was a direct flight with NWA/KLM, so I flew via Frankfurt, London, Paris, anything to avoid the morons. Never flew them again, never will and I will also never paint any of their aircraft.

But the 747 is a nice aircraft, just not in those colors

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.

Personally, I have never hated an airline as much as Northworst. I once had such a bad experience that I swore I would never fly with them again, and that was in a period that I regularly flew between Amsterdam and Detroit. It was a direct flight with NWA/KLM, so I flew via Frankfurt, London, Paris, anything to avoid the morons. Never flew them again, never will and I will also never paint any of their aircraft.

Odd how that happens. The wife and I never had problems with NW. When Delta took over, we’ve had many bad experiences.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Jan,

In Kentucky we always called it Northworst before I went to work at the Budd Company! But when I worked for the Budd Company, originally out of Detroit, that was the airline we were always booked on if possible. The Budd Company had a fairly large financial interest for decades in Northwest. Which may be why they had such a big hub in Detroit from early days.

The one big advantage to us, as Budd employees we had a policy that if any leg of your trip was over 2 1/2 hours long you were "upgraded" to Business Class for the entire trip. But any flight on Northwest was automatically booked Business Class and longer flights, like to Japan were often even booked First Class.

On non-business travel I only flew Northwest when I had enough frequent flyer miles to make it worth my while. But, normally when I had the choice, British Air was my go to long haul carrier.

Michael

Edited by Rupert

That’s the one Rick! I remember doing a drawing of that one as a young boy and had it hanging in my room!

Yes, David, this was on the field over in Washington (severly rusting and rotting away), and they took up a collection and have restored it, and it now (from what I gather) sits on the museum property over there! Just as pristine as it was when she made her maiden flight! It's all on YouTube!

Note: If you look closely up near the nose, it says City of Everett and that is where it all began for the "Queen!"

Here's what she looked like back in 2014:

Rick :cool::cool:

Edited by Downwind66

That’s awesome Gerard! I’ve heard it said, “You don’t get in a 747, you climb aboard!” :pilot:

That's exactly what British Air always said about 747's. And like the "City of Westminster," all their 747s were named is if they might be ships to board.

Michael

Yes, David, this was on the field over in Washington (severly rusting and rotting away), and they took up a collection and have restored it, and it now (from what I gather) sits on the museum property over there! Just as pristine as it was when she made her maiden flight! It's all on YouTube!

Note: If you look closely up near the nose, it says City of Everett and that is where it all began for the "Queen!"

Here's what she looked like back in 2014:

Rick :cool::cool:

Just amazing! Thanks Rick!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's exactly what British Air always said about 747's. And like the "City of Westminster," all their 747s were named is if they might be ships to board.

Michael

:cool:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Outstanding pics David! :cool::cool::cool:

Thank you much!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]