Installing FS2004 into Windows 10 & Copying FS2004 from your OLD PC to your NEW PC

zswobbie1

20 hours ago, beroun said:

Did some testing and transferring the pay ware is the issue.

Have some pay ware Flight1 scenery (UT Europe and UT Canada) and copying from the back-up drive to the newly installed FS2004 does not seem to work. I think Fligt1 put some well deserved block there.

So would need to either purchase it again or use the activation code from my previous genuine purchase. It might be hard to figure out how to do it??

Sorry, I thought you were talking to elcajonblvd, I think you'll find the solution on this thread, if you can copy/cut/paste ;-'

Hi Deauxwolf

UT Europe and UT Canada download from Flight1 creates folders in FS Scenery folder and scenery.cfg - see picture.

What I was trying to say is that just simply copying and pasting these to the newly installed FS2004 does not seem to work. When I did this and went to any European or Canadian airport, it simply shut down the FS. So I am assuming that this pay ware cannot be just simply copied and pasted to the newly installed FS2004. Perhaps it must be downloaded again from Flight1. Unless I did something wrong?

Interestingly enough the UK airports I downloaded from UK2000 (also pay ware) can be just simply copied and pasted to the newly installed FS.

Screenshot (1798).jpg

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

2 hours ago, beroun said:

Hi Deauxwolf

UT Europe and UT Canada download from Flight1 creates folders in FS Scenery folder and scenery.cfg - see picture.

What I was trying to say is that just simply copying and pasting these to the newly installed FS2004 does not seem to work. When I did this and went to any European or Canadian airport, it simply shut down the FS. So I am assuming that this pay ware cannot be just simply copied and pasted to the newly installed FS2004. Perhaps it must be downloaded again from Flight1. Unless I did something wrong?

Interestingly enough the UK airports I downloaded from UK2000 (also pay ware) can be just simply copied and pasted to the newly installed FS.

Screenshot (1798).jpg

Do you have any freeware on there? All my planes/scenery since XP 2002-2003 I pieced together 1000's of hours, I've been using MSFT FS since DOS 2.0 -through Win 10, all my moves from XP to 7 to 10 were pretty much swoobbie's way...

Can you delete your UK folders? I know they're in the registry and that's a bugger! I hate registry cleaners etc.

I figure most all repairs can be done with a good backup/restore Acronis, and DOS, Regedit etc...

To make a long story longer

I keep all my planes(I only fly The biggest Planes Boeing, Airbus, Antonovs etc.)/ scenery zips in a folder, the best and hardest 2 were the worx and 9dragons, well worth it IMO 

https://www.youtube.com/user/sneauxwolf/videos

TS AKA Sneauxwolf

K-Board flyer

44 minutes ago, deauxwolf said:

Do you have any freeware on there? All my planes/scenery since XP 2002-2003 I pieced together 1000's of hours, I've been using MSFT FS since DOS 2.0 -through Win 10, all my moves from XP to 7 to 10 were pretty much swoobbie's way...

Can you delete your UK folders? I know they're in the registry and that's a bugger! I hate registry cleaners etc.

I figure most all repairs can be done with a good backup/restore Acronis, and DOS, Regedit etc...

To make a long story longer

I keep all my planes(I only fly The biggest Planes Boeing, Airbus, Antonovs etc.)/ scenery zips in a folder, the best and hardest 2 were the worx and 9dragons, well worth it IMO 

https://www.youtube.com/user/sneauxwolf/videos

TS AKA Sneauxwolf

K-Board flyer

Loki,

You have FS9 installed but won't launch?

Can you go into your scenery folder and rename all your pay ware folders UK.bak

ts

On 11/19/2023 at 6:02 PM, deauxwolf said:

looks like it's on c:\

now you need to replace the fs9 file with the 1 you d/l e d(9.1 patch), then, change the properties to xp2 or 3, save, then rt., click it and create shortcut etc.

TS

Finally sweeeeet successful launch!!! And the add on aircraft that only works on 2004 ( whole reason for doing this).

So thank you thank you TS!

• 4 months later...

Have things changed?

All of a sudden AFCAD2 started reporting that FS9 wasn't installed on my computer then promptly exited, and a couple of other applications exhibited similar symptoms or at least needed to be "reminded" of where FS9 was installed.

The RegistryRepair utility no longer provided a suitable solution!

I'm running W10 64-bit, fully updated, so this may not apply to other systems, but I've found (more by luck than judgement) that there needs to be a registry entry such as this :-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0]
"EXE Path"="C:\\Flight Simulator\\FS9"

for things to more or less "return to normal".

Do note that the path presented here reflects the installation on my machine ... you may need to edit to suit.

I've got a couple of other minor issues, like FS9 re-starting by itself when it's closed down from within the program ... I've taken to using Task Manager to close FS9, at least then it stays closed 😉

Whether that relates to the other problem I don't know ... it certainly only started happening recently!

I'll be interested to hear of any other similar experiences.