Installing FS2004 into Windows 10 & Copying FS2004 from your OLD PC to your NEW PC

zswobbie1

15 hours ago, elcajonblvd said:

Help?

hi,

Can you open file explorer and right click on CD drive / play or open?

I prefer tile view for explorer

TS

K-board Flyer only
Try flying err landing this beast! Six engines each pumping out 51,590 pounds of thrust.
FS2020, FS2024, FS2004, Antonov 225, Andrews AFB, Extreme  Weather, Nvidia, Jet City Woman, Queensryche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CN357F2bdQ&t=30s

16 hours ago, elcajonblvd said:

Help?

First Create a restore Point!!!

2: try typing devmgmt.msc in run box  or space at bottom left/then in device management top menu/ show hidden devices/ find Cd, update driver, from both choices, local and or windows update, roll back driver, if nothing delete CD driver, restart or top Menu / Action/ Scan for changes 1 should bring it back,.

I'm not a big Win 11 user, I have definitely had my CD drive do nothing on Win 10 when inserted, I've swapped it out etc., I "Usually" get it,

Also I dunno if FS9 2004 is compatible with Windows 11? 

https://www.google.com/search?q=FS9+2004+is+compatible+with+Windows+11&rlz=1C1CHBD_en&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Press Windows + R keyboard shortcut to launch the Windows Run box, type

https://www.google.com/search?q=once+i+delete+a+driver+in+devmgmt.msc+how+do+i+get+it+back+win+11&sca_esv=581692793&rlz=1C1CHBD_en&ei=4LtQZfGMM5SvqtsP6YmNGA&ved=0ahUKEwjx_K22sr6CAxWUl2oFHelEAwMQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=once+i+delete+a+driver+in+devmgmt.msc+how+do+i+get+it+back+win+11&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiQW9uY2UgaSBkZWxldGUgYSBkcml2ZXIgaW4gZGV2bWdtdC5tc2MgaG93IGRvIGkgZ2V0IGl0IGJhY2sgd2luIDExSABQAFgAcAB4AZABAJgBAKABAKoBALgBA8gBAPgBAeIDBBgAIEE&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

GL

1 hour ago, deauxwolf said:

First Create a restore Point!!!

2: try typing devmgmt.msc in run box  or space at bottom left/then in device management top menu/ show hidden devices/ find Cd, update driver, from both choices, local and or windows update, roll back driver, if nothing delete CD driver, restart or top Menu / Action/ Scan for changes 1 should bring it back,.

I'm not a big Win 11 user, I have definitely had my CD drive do nothing on Win 10 when inserted, I've swapped it out etc., I "Usually" get it,

Also I dunno if FS9 2004 is compatible with Windows 11? 

https://www.google.com/search?q=FS9+2004+is+compatible+with+Windows+11&rlz=1C1CHBD_en&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Press Windows + R keyboard shortcut to launch the Windows Run box, type

https://www.google.com/search?q=once+i+delete+a+driver+in+devmgmt.msc+how+do+i+get+it+back+win+11&sca_esv=581692793&rlz=1C1CHBD_en&ei=4LtQZfGMM5SvqtsP6YmNGA&ved=0ahUKEwjx_K22sr6CAxWUl2oFHelEAwMQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=once+i+delete+a+driver+in+devmgmt.msc+how+do+i+get+it+back+win+11&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiQW9uY2UgaSBkZWxldGUgYSBkcml2ZXIgaW4gZGV2bWdtdC5tc2MgaG93IGRvIGkgZ2V0IGl0IGJhY2sgd2luIDExSABQAFgAcAB4AZABAJgBAKABAKoBALgBA8gBAPgBAeIDBBgAIEE&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

GL

If you try editing registry CREATE BACKUP of registry, save to desktop! I personally wouldn't, I'd look, might, f with it, yea I would if all else failed!

Remove and Reinstall IDE/ATAPI Drivers

https://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-play/windows-11-not-recognizing-dvd-drive.htm#:~:text=The DVD driver may become,ROM drives in Device Manager.

im now at the first part ( disc 1 ) where i need to choose where to put the install ( i have discs for 2004, Not transferring from old computer ) i tried the C:/  but msfs didnt like that...so i let it install regular...then...after done with all 4 disc i click icon and it says" im not the administrater".

So i guess the first thing is why msfs didnt like step 1 of the directions?

thank you so much for any help....I paid best buy 200$ for support and they dont seem to know what they are doing as of yet...ugh

9 minutes ago, elcajonblvd said:

step 1 (at the start of this thread) being DO NOT put it in c:/programfiles...just C:/   

You may want to try again to c:\ as Administrator?

How'd you get CD Rom going?

Comprendo, (No I don't speak Spanish)

I think it's all in szwoobbie's, The 1st post, Hmmm,, Ok uhhh...

$200 Best Buy UGH!

Did you install the FS9 9.1 update  in main FS9 folder?

Also the FS9 no CD crack

After Fs9 update to main FS9 folder, find the "NEW" fs9.exe in MSFT FS9 Main folder, right click/ compatibility/ pull down menu, click XP service pack 2 or 3, Try run as Administrator save. Then Right click it and create shortcut, cut it, paste to desktop.

TS
Aka Sneauxwolf @ Youtube

4 minutes ago, deauxwolf said:

You may want to try again to c:\ as Administrator?

How'd you get CD Rom going?

Comprendo, (No I don't speak Spanish)

I think it's all in szwoobbie's, The 1st post, Hmmm,, Ok uhhh...

$200 Best Buy UGH!

Did you install the FS9 9.1 update  in main FS9 folder?

Also the FS9 no CD crack

After Fs9 update to main FS9 folder, find the "NEW" fs9.exe in MSFT FS9 Main folder, right click/ compatibility/ pull down menu, click XP service pack 2 or 3, Try run as Administrator save. Then Right click it and create shortcut, cut it, paste to desktop.

TS
Aka Sneauxwolf @ Youtube

Or Possibly apply  all the patches, in C:\ MSFT Games Then cut and paste it all to C:\, redo shortcuts etc...

no worky and geek squad was useless to the point im thinking i will uninstall (because I dont really know what geek squad did) and try on my own. if anyone knows of a good  tech support it would be appreciated.

couple questions..are the update and patch needed to make 2004 run or just run better?

I read here some one let go in C;/programfiles..... and it at least started up? or am i mis-understanding?

first time i tried and got all 4 disc installed i got the "not the admin" is there a fix on that or am I already effed at that point.

Thanks Aaron

25 minutes ago, elcajonblvd said:

no worky and geek squad was useless to the point im thinking i will uninstall (because I dont really know what geek squad did) and try on my own. if anyone knows of a good  tech support it would be appreciated.

couple questions..are the update and patch needed to make 2004 run or just run better?

I read here some one let go in C;/programfiles..... and it at least started up? or am i mis-understanding?

first time i tried and got all 4 disc installed i got the "not the admin" is there a fix on that or am I already effed at that point.

Thanks Aaron

run

Or Possibly apply  all the patches, in C:\ MSFT Games Then cut and paste it all to C:\, redo shortcuts etc...

Rather than cut, copy all your Flightsim from C:\Microsoft games, and paste it to C:\

good  tech support it would be appreciated. You're getting it! here!

Did you think Best buy had a clue about FS9?

TS

19 minutes ago, deauxwolf said:

run

Rather than cut, copy all your Flightsim from C:\Microsoft games, and paste it to C:\

good  tech support it would be appreciated. You're getting it! here!

Did you think Best buy had a clue about FS9?

TS

Untitled.jpg

38 minutes ago, deauxwolf said:

I dont really know what geek squad did

Did you create  a Restore point FIRST like suggested you could Undo whatever they, you me did. and start over...

You still may have 1 from b4 all this, type in system restore, look for a point prior to all this, hi lite it, click check effected programs.

TS

TS

No geek squad was LOST for fs, maybe they're good at other stuff. I tried to get them to read this thread first but they just poo poo that ( so i read and feed him as if I know what I'm talkingabout q circus song)... on 3rd attempt the  guy started messing with my graphics card I called it.

Ok here i go with out geek squad...should be interesting cause I barely know how to copy and paste on a text 🙄 

At start I picked " complete install 2822.0mb installs all files to your hard drive. Recommended for optimal performance. " 

Then clicked folder

Then where it says " path" i put C:\

Then it said "the path you selected specifies an invalid drive or the folder is invalid, incomplete, to long, or write protected. Enter a full path with the drive letter; for example,  C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Simulator 9 "