Installing FS2004 into Windows 10 & Copying FS2004 from your OLD PC to your NEW PC

zswobbie1

28 minutes ago, elcajonblvd said:

Ok tried C:\Games (as 2nd post said ) and that let the install start

I said, " apply  all the patches, in C:\ MSFT Games Then copy and paste  (Flight simulator 9) to C:\

redo shortcuts!

U were almost there then uninstalled it!!!

TS

19 minutes ago, deauxwolf said:

I said, " apply  all the patches, in C:\ MSFT Games Then copy and paste  (Flight simulator 9) to C:\

redo shortcuts!

U were almost there then uninstalled it!!!

TS

Sorry about that...the geek person was trying all kinds of the wrong stuff so fast I couldn't make sense of what was where....so appreciate the help...

And just to be up front with my computer skill outa 10 is a 1. My experience level is in 2006 I got fs 2004, installed it, then got feelthere Embraer 145, followed tutorial, installed. Disconnected computer from internet so it could never get infected and never used it for anything else.

Then compaq presario died. ( 8 yrs in moisture ridden storage unit killed it and computer repair place will not touch it because of mold and corrosion).

22 minutes ago, elcajonblvd said:

And just to be up front with my computer skill outa 10 is a 1. My experience level is in 2006 I got fs 2004, installed it, then got feelthere Embraer 145, followed tutorial, installed. Disconnected computer from internet so it could never get infected and never used it for anything else.

Then compaq presario died. ( 8 yrs in moisture ridden storage unit killed it and computer repair place will not touch it because of mold and corrosion).

!7 years of computer experience? My first 17 years I "WE" learned by reading, crashing computers, reading how to fix em, you should be a 5-6...

I have to go go awhile, re-read  start with my first reply to you...

Sincerely,

ts

3 minutes ago, deauxwolf said:

!7 years of computer experience? My first 17 years I "WE" learned by reading, crashing computers, reading how to fix em, you should be a 5-6...

I have to go go awhile, re-read  start with my first reply to you...

Sincerely,

ts

The FS9 file in folder

9 hours ago, elcajonblvd said:

Question for you, will fs 2004 install directly into windows 7 ...without moving files or downloading anything ( I have found a computer for sale)

Thanks Aaron 

I think you're missing the "Forest For The Trees" 

Swobbie's 1st post is your answer and or Mine!!! Namely the updates put in the right place, fs9 folder, and creating the shortcut/ compatibility modes

Short answer is yes since you don't have any addons, as long as you're version is not a counterfeit, yes It happens, I bought my Win 7 pro Genuine  C D from eBay, only to get a popup later from MSFT telling me it was stolen. I called them, showed them all my receipts and  they updated me anyway!

Many used the same procedure going from Xp to 7 to 10 to 11 

I had no problem fresh install to Win 7, but since I had SO many years of  addon scenery and planes in XP, I used the same procedure going from Xp to 7 to 10.

In other words I cut my Main folder from old XP from C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9 And pasted it over my win 7 installation.

Going to Win 10 I had to use same procedure and cut C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9, and pasted it to C:\

TS

On 11/14/2023 at 3:13 AM, deauxwolf said:

I think you're missing the "Forest For The Trees" 

Swobbie's 1st post is your answer and or Mine!!! Namely the updates put in the right place, fs9 folder, and creating the shortcut/ compatibility modes

Short answer is yes since you don't have any addons, as long as you're version is not a counterfeit, yes It happens, I bought my Win 7 pro Genuine  C D from eBay, only to get a popup later from MSFT telling me it was stolen. I called them, showed them all my receipts and  they updated me anyway!

Many used the same procedure going from Xp to 7 to 10 to 11 

I had no problem fresh install to Win 7, but since I had SO many years of  addon scenery and planes in XP, I used the same procedure going from Xp to 7 to 10.

In other words I cut my Main folder from old XP from C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9 And pasted it over my win 7 installation.

Going to Win 10 I had to use same procedure and cut C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9, and pasted it to C:\

TS

First, Thank you for taking the time!!

Having to stop and figure out where the files are and how to get and how to actually physically move and drag replace stuff into another file... ie;.... educate myself on how to actually work a computer lol and cringe.

2 hours ago, elcajonblvd said:

First, Thank you for taking the time!!

Having to stop and figure out where the files are and how to get and how to actually physically move and drag replace stuff into another file... ie;.... educate myself on how to actually work a computer lol and cringe.

YW,

Copy and pasting is the most basic thing you can do on a computer!

however: I"M GOING TO YELL! So You understand!

WHEN IN FILE EXPLORER, COPYING/CUTTING, OR PASTING IT'S EASY TO ACCIDENTALLY DRAG AN IMPORTANT FOLDER INTO ANOTHER(Especially with  mouse pad laptop as opposed to a real mouse) If you don't know how to right click/ undo, you're computer can be royally screwed! 

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A 3rd Party BACKUP/ RESTORE PROGRAM ON YOUR COMPUTER, OH WELL!!! Some just depend on the cloud to auto save pics, downloads etc., basic stuff...

OK, Since your  Win 11 computer is New, Correct? Did it come from a reputable dealer with extra software etc? Regardless it's easy enough to set it  back to factory if effed up!

My fathers computer  Win 11 for example is just used for browsing, I keep his files that change on a thumb drive so I'm not worried about lost data, or backing it up, I can factory reset it, re-copy files/folders back to it.

That's all...

TS

Did some testing and transferring the pay ware is the issue.

Have some pay ware Flight1 scenery (UT Europe and UT Canada) and copying from the back-up drive to the newly installed FS2004 does not seem to work. I think Fligt1 put some well deserved block there.

So would need to either purchase it again or use the activation code from my previous genuine purchase. It might be hard to figure out how to do it??

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

1 hour ago, beroun said:

Did some testing and transferring the pay ware is the issue.

Have some pay ware Flight1 scenery (UT Europe and UT Canada) and copying from the back-up drive to the newly installed FS2004 does not seem to work. I think Fligt1 put some well deserved block there.

So would need to either purchase it again or use the activation code from my previous genuine purchase. It might be hard to figure out how to do it??

Ty,

nah he has no addons he's just trying to install swoobbies way...

TS

2 hours ago, deauxwolf said:

YW,

Copy and pasting is the most basic thing you can do on a computer!

however: I"M GOING TO YELL! So You understand!

WHEN IN FILE EXPLORER, COPYING/CUTTING, OR PASTING IT'S EASY TO ACCIDENTALLY DRAG AN IMPORTANT FOLDER INTO ANOTHER(Especially with  mouse pad laptop as opposed to a real mouse) If you don't know how to right click/ undo, you're computer can be royally screwed! 

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A 3rd Party BACKUP/ RESTORE PROGRAM ON YOUR COMPUTER, OH WELL!!! Some just depend on the cloud to auto save pics, downloads etc., basic stuff...

OK, Since your  Win 11 computer is New, Correct? Did it come from a reputable dealer with extra software etc? Regardless it's easy enough to set it  back to factory if effed up!

My fathers computer  Win 11 for example is just used for browsing, I keep his files that change on a thumb drive so I'm not worried about lost data, or backing it up, I can factory reset it, re-copy files/folders back to it.

That's all...

TS

Yes, computer is new dell xps 8950 windows11 PC tower, with a regular Mouse. 

I have " dragged" and "dropped" the patch out onto the main desktop till i find FS9.exe to drop it on.

I found a things that have FS9 but none have the " .exe" on the end.

1 hour ago, elcajonblvd said:

Yes, computer is new dell xps 8950 windows11 PC tower, with a regular Mouse. 

I have " dragged" and "dropped" the patch out onto the main desktop till i find FS9.exe to drop it on.

I found a things that have FS9 but none have the " .exe" on the end.

Yes the new (fs9 no exe) patch file should have replaced the original in C:\Flight  Simulator 9... Then you right click it, properties/ details, it should be version 9.1.0  (4????)0 then you can right click it, Compatibility, pull down menu click XP service pack 2 or 3/ save! Then Rt click it again, create shortcut, cut the shortcut, paste b to desktop!.

All of your Main fs9 folder MUST be in C:\Flight  Simulator 9, Not C:\MSFT Games \Flight  Simulator 9

Otherwise we're just beating a dead horse AGAIN!

TS

Untitled.jpg

2 hours ago, deauxwolf said:

Yes the new (fs9 no exe) patch file should have replaced the original in C:\Flight  Simulator 9... Then you right click it, properties/ details, it should be version 9.1.0  (4????)0 then you can right click it, Compatibility, pull down menu click XP service pack 2 or 3/ save! Then Rt click it again, create shortcut, cut the shortcut, paste b to desktop!.

All of your Main fs9 folder MUST be in C:\Flight  Simulator 9, Not C:\MSFT Games \Flight  Simulator 9

TS

Untitled.jpg

Rgr all. Starting over so fs2004 is in right place from start. 

4 hours ago, deauxwolf said:

TS

Untitled.jpg

Here we go...Correct place/name?

17004350142708524053133190262454.jpg