C-47 Finnish Airlines. Cold flight! (FSX)

peer01

Yes I have already read that one, but no joy. I really appreciate all the help off you guys but it's no big deal, it's only an aircraft and there are plenty more.

I have had this before and like I said above, the usual copy and paste from another aircraft has solved it, at first I thought it was built in the model but it can't be seeing as others have not had the problem with it.

Thanks again everyone.

Col.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin - I know this has been frustrating, not getting any answers to the props, but I just happened on a nice Manfred Jahn C47 download this evening.

Comes with two liveries, a US Air Force livery and an RAF camo livery. I needed another aircraft like a hole in the head, but I downloaded and only kept the US Air Force livery. Very nice flying aircraft and as you can see below, the props are spinning!! Download file is c47basepack.zip on this site.

Sometimes when you hit deadends trying to find answers to issues with freeware aircraft, it's easier to go and find another one that will put a smile on your face. Black discs for props would make me grit my teeth every time I chose to fly the aircraft, but that's me. Just thought I would suggest this download. I don't think you will be disappointed!

2019-7-3_0-0-8-669.jpg

Rick :cool:

Hi Rick, funny enough I too downloaded that and I still get the black disks, so if they are OK on your system and obviously on others it must be something with my setup.

On a side issue nothing to do with props but my system doesn't like 'Project Airbus' aircraft as well, I can't get them to fly so I just ignore them when I see one for download, looks like this one is going to join them lol.

Col.

Sorry to hear that Col. I thought I had a good aircraft for you, and yes, you are correct, it must be something in your system that is refusing to cooperate! It's beyond my abilities! Maybe someone will come along and be able to offer you some system advice on the issues you have been having!

Couple questions, you are running FSX and have you ever done a Microsoft FSX repair run from disk #2? I have run the repair on my computer several times and never had any repercussions by doing so. I just didn't want to throw something out there that would make things worse than what they are right now!

I wish you luck in finding a very big fix for these issues. :rolleyes:

Col - Here's the download fix that I was originally thinking of. Think it is worth a try?

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/18002/fsx-correcting-prop-issues/

Offered by David "Opa" Marshall on the Flyaways site. I have read some of his postings and he seems very knowledgeable when it comes to FSX. It might be worth a try?

Hi Rick, I had that file on my HD before I had that big crash, I forgot about that, it did work on a couple of aircraft I had, I will try it again, I deleted the C-47 as well this morning so I'll have to download it again to try lol.

Col.

Jan, I think Col had a big crash, he mentioned in one of the posts above. I think he is using Windows 10 now, maybe he needs to right click the app and check the compatibility box. I don't know that much about Windows 10 and FSX. Maybe something that simple might make a difference?

I will back out of this discussion now, as I can't help Col. Maybe you or someone else might find the majic fix? :rolleyes: - Rick :cool:

Looks strange Rick, further as you have also black disks with a plane others don't. Thus that should not be a question of prop texture. Could you tell more about your FSX rig?

Peer on the other hand, I've news of the cocktail period: the guy sent the bill to your Academy of Flight :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Guys, better make sure you have the 3.1406 (VVC) 'Virtual Vintage' version, which, including all fixes, the cockpit chatter, and the interactive checklist, is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1hkt3rfqxkujbp/Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1406.zip?dl=0

And the current Livery thread at Sim Outhouse is here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/101611-Douglas-C-47-v3-Livery-Thread

About that bill Gerard: NO!!!!!

You're not charitable! With a large flight school like yours that won't represent much a share :):):)

And please don't shout. That heat wave took a toll about my health. You wouldn't add to that :):):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

That's NOT fair you hear! And I pay a fortune of shekels every day for tow trucks, fire brigades, tugs, bars, you name it! OK?

Now give me back my Gold Cart will you! :mad::mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks strange Rick, further as you have also black disks with a plane others don't. Thus that should not be a question of prop texture. Could you tell more about your FSX rig?

Peer on the other hand, I've news of the cocktail period: the guy sent the bill to your Academy of Flight :):)

Gerard, I DO NOT HAVE BLACK DISCS! Colin has black discs, I have only been trying to help him! The more I try to help, the more complicated his situation becomes. My computer, running Windows 7, is running FSX now better than it ever has. My setup is not giving me any issues!

Gerard, I DO NOT HAVE BLACK DISCS! Colin has black discs, I have only been trying to help him! The more I try to help, the more complicated his situation becomes. My computer, running Windows 7, is running FSX now better than it ever has. My setup is not giving me any issues!

Colin needs to follow mjahn's advice and install the latest and greatest version 3.1406. I have it and it's fine:cool:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I have it working now.

Not sure what the problem was but I had deleted the one I had been editing and trying various prop textures and downloaded a fresh one, this one works perfect.

On a side issue I downloaded an ai ATR 72-200 this morning and did a new paint job on it, went to try it and the props were black squares, my first thought was, "Oh no, not again." Then I checked the texture and the prop texture was missing, I took one from another ATR and it worked, phew!

Sorry to chime in so late on this one guys. But, I couldn't let this one go. I teach part time. One of our "classrooms" is in a hanger that is owned by the Commemorative Air Force at the airport in Burnet, Texas. The pride and joy of their squadron was the "Bluebonnet Belle". Imagine if you will how hard it was for me to stand facing the big window looking down into the hanger and seeing this beautiful aircraft week after week.

The Belle was flown down to Galveston for a flight demonstration. While doing that a couple of cylinders were destroyed. The Belle was parked on the tarmac there for a few months while the engine was pulled and repaired. Eventually the Bluebonnet Belle came home to Burnet. A very short time later on a Saturday morning, a group of folks (I believe there were about 12 or 14 people on board) were going to be taken up to see the Texas Highland Lakes area. During take off the Belle failed to climb out of ground effect and crashed. All on board were able to escape with their lives. One of the crew was seriously burned. The ensuing fire destroyed the Bluebonnet Belle. It was a devastating loss to the entire community.

This was the last picture I got of the Belle taken a couple of weeks before the crash.

Texas Belle 1.jpg

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

Nice aircraft, Bill, sad story of it's ending. Looks very similiar to one of my downloads. Let me find it. Paint on the tail is a little different!

2018-9-22_14-14-32-654.jpg

I found another one last night for Col! It's a C-47 in white and polished aluminum. It looks very close to one I have seen in some of the YouTube Oshkosh and Sun n' Fun Fly-Ins!

I have it working now.

Not sure what the problem was but I had deleted the one I had been editing and trying various prop textures and downloaded a fresh one, this one works perfect.

On a side issue I downloaded an ai ATR 72-200 this morning and did a new paint job on it, went to try it and the props were black squares, my first thought was, "Oh no, not again." Then I checked the texture and the prop texture was missing, I took one from another ATR and it worked, phew!

Way to go, Colin, I knew you could do it. Sometimes, when you think you're whipped, just walk away for awhile and sometimes things seem to come together! Not always, sometimes! Now, keep your birds flying!

Gerard, I DO NOT HAVE BLACK DISCS! Colin has black discs,

Oh! Sorry. I'd taken the thread en cours, and didn't flew back to first posts! :):) In any case, things remains as. What's troubling, it's that he has black disks even with a plane other users don't :) Hope the community will come to a solution