Extreme Frustration with A2A C172....EXTREME!

RodTod

Did you apply the A2A update? I had a problem with the autopilot too with the original install. Autopilot working fine for a while, then the airplane plunges out of control. I'd have to shutdown and restart to have a behaving autopilot again.

• 6 years later...

This is from the A2A forums....a short course on using the AP

In the most basic terms:

- The autopilot is powered using the avionics master switch like the rest of the radio stack.

- The rotary knob adjusts the preset altitude/altitude alerter and can be used when the autopilot isn't engaged (e.g. on the ground).

- When trimmed for a 'hands-off' climb, descent or in level flight, press the AP button for 0.25 secs to engage the autopilot.

- Default mode is ROL (wings level) and VS (current vertical speed will be held as long as it's within the aircraft's capability).

- Press ARM to arm capture of the preset altitude.

- Press the UP and DOWN buttons to adjust the vertical speed in VS mode.

- Press ALT to toggle between altitude hold and vertical speed hold modes.

- Press HDG to capture and hold the heading represented by the heading bug.

For more advanced modes such as NAV and APP as well as other details, best to check out the manual as there are some differences depending on whether you use the default heading indicator or the optional HSI (under the shift + 3 menu).

Sherm

I believe you forgot to mention idiots who think having to repair a 172 just to fly a sim is realistic.

Having the ability to recognise there IS a problem, and what needs be done to repair it, or whom to refer it to, is pilotage.

In the A2A case, reading the manual is NOT an option!

Just like flying a Real One, one cannot expect an idiot to fly it well...

Just like flying a Real One, one cannot expect an idiot to fly it well...

...or reply to a post for 6 years! :D

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi!

First off, make sure the 172 is up to date. Always load a default aircraft, then select the A2A 172. If this is not working for you, go to the A2A forums and explain your problem. There are many that can help you. A2A has the best support I’ve ever seen, they will help get you sorted out.

I’ve encountered issues here and there, I have several of their aircraft and have only used their forum for getting back to flying. To do it any other way is like trying to buy a brand new Ford at a Volkswagen dealer, just doesn’t make any sense.

Jetline GT2, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, liquid cooled i7 9700K, 750 PSU, 2 TB SSD, MSFS 2020, P3D V4.5 and FSXSE.