New B-36 Peacemaker

shetter1981

After six long years and many problems, It's finally finished. A B-36 built just for FSX and FSX steam edition. Please enjoy.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=37

also on Avsim,

https://library.avsim.net/whatsnew.php?Sort=Name

The link to sim outhouse didn't work.

Not Found

The requested URL /sohforum...s.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

if the links don't work, it's under the fsx military props section at sim outhouse. At avsim search the library for peacemaker. If you have any questions or comments, You can leave them here.

Nice looking aircraft! A lot of folks had been requesting a six-turning, no burning model for a long time. It flew quite nicely out of my test airport with a 5,000 foot runway!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Great aircraft EXCEPT if you choose to fly one of the models with the 4 burnin' along with the 6 turnin' the jets are for show only...No go!

Bummer!:(

That's just an FSX limitation. Imagine how complicated that would be with 6 props and 4 jets acting as a pilot, co-pilot and flight engineer.:eek:

Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

That's just an FSX limitation. Imagine how complicated that would be with 6 props and 4 jets acting as a pilot, co-pilot and flight engineer.:eek:

I do have a B-36H freeware model that has 6 turnin' and 4 burnin' complete with proper engine sounds.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Huh. He told me that FSX only allows up to 4 engines and only 1 engine type. Maybe your version was built using different software or something like that.

I modeled the jet versions, but fsx has its limitations. It can only have 4 engines of 1 type, so the jets just hang there looking pretty.

Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

Great job Gary, already took a shakedown from Loring to Otis. Outstanding. Really looks awesome on long final too.

Two questions:

1) do you have any plans to add a Pilot and Co-Pilot to the external view? 2) I was going to do a hi-res paint kit to include panel lines, rivets, etc. but how does one work with textures that are made the way yours are? In other words what was the original working size before you squeezed them to the current size?

Thanks!

to answer falcons questions.

#1. I didn't have any, but that could come out as a possible update in the future. The original model I created, exceeded the xtomdl vertex count by well over double, As I had a complete interior. The current model contains somewhere around 85,000 vertices. The original was somewhere over 150,000, so it did have a crew to begin with, but they went in the subsequent cleanup to lower the point count.

#2. The only textures That are different are the fuselage textures. The wings and such are just a standard texture, I used 2048 x 2048 for those. The fuselage textures are done in a wrap from the bottom of the fuselage up to the top. The included paintkit images show the wireframe if the aircraft and are already sized to fit. You could change the resolution, say from 1024 x 1024 to something like 1024 x 2048 so the texture isn't shrunk up and funny looking, it should still apply correctly. I will test that out to make sure ot does work. If you need any other help on high res textures, please just ask, I'm not the best with photoshop and would love a fully done up and weathered texture set.

Extra bit for texturing. You can streatch the textures out to create them. So something like 2048 width and 3072 length. That makes them more of a standard size image, no funny stretching and such, but to display in game correctly they need to be resized in a square format, so 2048 x 2048. Hope that helps.

Thanks for answering Gary. I understand about the crew being "expendable", lol. If in the future you're able to find a way to get a few back in that'll be great. Certainly doesn't diminish the enjoyment factor though. As for the textures, I plan on them being 4096x4096, so with your information I'll proceed. Thanks again for a terrific aircraft.

Anybody else getting this flickering black box on the nose of the aircraft?

2017-2-13_20-10-34-319.jpg

2017-2-13_20-12-28-69.jpg

2017-2-13_20-20-38-637.jpg

I use DX10 preview mode and have Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer. Never seen any aircraft do this before. Otherwise this is almost payware quality.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I switched to DX9 mode and it works fine...

2017-2-13_21-28-42-903.jpg

Guess something about your model doesn't agree with DX10.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Weird, I need to amend that first finding. It works OK in DX10 mode at dusk, dawn, and night only. Just gets the black box in daytime only...

DX10 Preview Mode, dawn...

2017-2-13_21-50-44-624.jpg

the black box looks to be related to landing light #2. I haven't seen the box in my game, so I have no idea how to fix it.

Hi shetter,

I noticed the box appears centered over the port side of the fuselage when looking at it straight on. I tried turning the lights on and off and got the same results, black box DX10 mode daytime only. Hope this helps for any future fixes, otherwise I LIKE IT :)

Hi shetter,

I noticed the box appears centered over the port side of the fuselage when looking at it straight on. I tried turning the lights on and off and got the same results, black box DX10 mode daytime only. Hope this helps for any future fixes, otherwise I LIKE IT :)

I tried it out in DX10 mode and could not replicate the issue.

2017-2-14_17-37-16-38.jpg

2017-2-14_17-37-50-837.jpg

You can see the landing light I referred to in the images. I am not sure why, but the only thing in that area is landing light #2, and it shouldn't do that by itself.

I have a couple of other bombers...

Alphasim B-24 Liberator and Virtavia B-29A Superfortress, neither does the flickering box thing.

I actually tested your plane on a different machine with a i7-3820 and two original Titans in SLI, maybe the Nvidia driver might me partially to blame. However I rarely see any other problems with other planes or scenery.

I really like the plane so I'll try it on the machine below and see what happens.

Archived