Modified DC-3

Iron Horse

You all might be looking for the Basler BT-67 by David Kolas. It is a model of the aircraft bought by Alfred Wenger for the Institute Bremerhaven. It is for FS2004 and flies OK on my PC. It comes with a custom panel, in-cockpit views and King Air sound. It was downloaded as file "basler_fs9_v11" from Avsim. Hope this info keeps you all sane. Enjoy your flying, Roy.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That file does not exist anymore

Oh, on the contrary! At AVSIM, just type in David Kolas and it's the first file shown. Don't know why typing in the .zip file name didn't work! Now I see, I accidentally caught the first " while copying the file name. No quote marks and adding .zip works in the search.

turbo dc-3.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Oh, on the contrary! At AVSIM, just type in David Kolas and it's the first file shown. Don't know why typing in the .zip file name didn't work! Now I see, I accidentally caught the first " while copying the file name. No quote marks and adding .zip works in the search.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]189302[/ATTACH]

My bad. I just assumed with "quotes" ...... what was inside them was the entire file name. Never examined it fully.

Anyone have the wet noodle whip handy?

The king is evidently not right anymore!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ha Ha. That would be too...well...similar to his other 'comments'....too GAY (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Ha Ha. That would be too...well...similar to his other 'comments'....too GAY (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

Sounds typical coming from a California fruit ......... and nut. I'm sure you're quite close and knowledgeable on the subject.

P.S.

Love your cute girlie laugh

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well the 'Yep' could be referring to how "colorful" it is. Realize that this is an ARTIC (ie: snow and ice) ship and red is a common color (for safety?) for those 'types'. It's not just a 'paint job'.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: Why is Joe Friday so 'macho'? (Ha)

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Not happy, the rudder for some reason shows white in the editor but grey in the sim, I've not had that before so don't know the reason, also the wheels have no colour but in the editor they show up OK, so I only half hearted painted it in a fictional paint.

The only other idea I had was to do the full body in the same colour as the rudder and make it a military aircraft. :(

bt67 in flight.jpg

I sussed it now, it was my mistake, there are duplicate BMP's in the texture folder, I took them out thinking they were not needed but it appears you can edit one part and it makes no difference but edit another part in the same BMP and it does.

Hard to explain but I'm in the process of having another go.

Well guess what?

I found through a bit of trial and error the FSX textures fit the FS9 version, but...

It isn't that straight forward, the FSX textures are in DDS format so I converted them to BMP but then a couple were too big so I resized them and then I saved them again to DXT1 and it worked.

The only problem I had is the rudder, apparently there are 2 textures that popup in every texture folder that hold the key to the rudder. So if I changed the rudder on one it affects all the other aircraft in the folder.

The only way round it up to now seems to be to have separate folders for each aircraft which really isn't a good idea unless I can think of a solution.

Any way I had to juggle a bit the the Bell Geospace texture and put the logo on the lower tail instead of the tail/rudder.

GT-67 Bell.jpg

This is a little better, I didn't add a number but may be XX167 perhaps lol.

Yes that's beautiful! And the rudder looks fine too!:cool: I really like that Air Transport color (colour) scheme!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

And so a new FS9 painter is born! Well done ColR! I notice that the tailwheel texture is also missing from the FSX conversions - is it a part of the missing rudder texture section I wonder?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi tiger, yes the wheels are part of the rudder section, like I said earlier untill I or someone else thinks of a workaround then it will have to be each aircraft has it's own folder.

As for a new painter being born, I did lots of paints years ago and when Avsim got hacked most of my paints went too, so it put me off for a long time, some are still on if you type Col7777 in the search, I did fictional and true.

Archived