Modified DC-3

Iron Horse

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did lots of paints years ago and when Avsim got hacked most of my paints went too, so it put me off for a long time, some are still on if you type Col7777 in the search, I did fictional and true.

I had no idea! Well here's to a painter being re-born! The rudder and wheels are in bt67_2_T.bmp, but I think the model still reads those textures from douglas_dc3_1_t.bmp for some reason so you'll need to have both files in the same texture folder.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi tiger, yes you are right that is where they are, I've messed about with it that much I'm losing track of what is what and where lol.

I've never had this trouble before, it is a bit of a pain to be hoenset, it isn't straight forward at all.

Tiger that did it mate! I remembered I left those files in the RAF texture but didn't use them in the others, I just gropped therm in a texture I was messing about with and the rudder and wheels are OK now.

Thanks I would have gone on for ages and not thought of that.

Reece Air bt67.jpg

I've never had this trouble before, it is a bit of a pain to be hoenset, it isn't straight forward at all.

I agree, this model seems to be a modified version of the default DC-3 model but the VC has gone missing and the flaps are stuck at one-quarter open. Oh well, at least it has the correct engines and props for a Basler.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

...this model seems to be a modified version of the default DC-3 model...

I agree.

All of the animated parts retained the texture original file name.

Thanks I would have gone on for ages and not thought of that.

Easily identifiable with Model Converter X...

Capture.JPG

You can get MCX here- http://www.scenerydesign.org/development-releases/

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

This is building up into quite a collection now! And the quality is superb too, I look forward to seeing them in the library soon...

The trouble is how can I put them in the library when they are not mine, all I've done is convert the FSX textures for the FS9 version?

I did the Fire one as well, but with this one I had a problem with the rudder again, the number was wrong way round on one side, but if I put it right then the other side was wrong, so I blanked it out and put the reg/number on the rear body.

bt67 Fire paint.jpg

The trouble is how can I put them in the library when they are not mine, all I've done is convert the FSX textures for the FS9 version?

If you email the original author and get their permission you can upload them, with a credit to the original author.

Archived