Please!

ianhr

Quote: '...what did the Wright brothers call their shelter for their aircraft I wonder?

(The) S-H-O-P

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

h-a-n-g-e-r

[ATTACH=CONFIG]187221[/ATTACH]

I wonder if they were able to recover that shark, er plane? :confused:

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

You want a hangar? This is a hangar.

1280px-Tustin_Blimp_Hangar_No_2.jpg

Hangar No. 2 at the former Marine Corps Air Station Tustin is 1,072 ft long, 292 ft (89 m) wide and 192 ft (59 m) tall.

(Although they're only half right. That hangar was at the former "Marine Corps Air Facility, Santa Ana," which was actually in Tustin even before they tore the hangars down.):cool:

The El Toro Air Station was a problem for awhile. They liked to fly F-4s & F-8s through the hangar doors of both hangar #1 & #2. We finally ended leaving the East facing doors closed so they couldn't do that! THEY WERE HUGELY TERRIBLY LOUD FLYING THROUGH A HANGAR!!

Hanger? According to Wikipedia, these are hangers. "Hangers, American slang for large, pendulous breasts."

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

If size alone matters we all must differ to the Brand-Briesden Hangar in Germany. It's 1,080'L 660'W 318'H, or the Goodyear Air Dock at 1,175'L 325"W & 325'H. Of course the V.A.B. in Florida and operated by NASA is considered a huge hangar too, thought it's huge vertically.

I've flown into Moffett, which has a huge hangar at 1,133L 308'W, & 198'H. It is slightly bigger than the hangar MCAF hangar in Santa Ana, a mere 1,072'L 292'W 192H.

But the MCAF hangars are the first that come to my mind because I was stationed there for almost all of my flying career when not deployed. They're all amazing!

Moffett Tail ViewJP.jpg

Above is my Lear going through Moffett. I never got to do that with MCAF because FSX correctly shows only empty tarmac where the two MCAF hangars stood. (They were torn down at some point, I believe in the early 90's.)

This is the best image I could handily find of the Brand-Briesden hangar. Also known as "Cargo-lifter."

Sorry about the quality of the picture! In the picture it almost looks like an inflated balloon but I read that it's actually a substantial built building. Based on my time working in Germany, everything over there including humans is substantial!

330px-Brand_Cargolifter_Halle.jpg

Here's a nice shot of the inside of the TCOM Blimp hangar in Elizeabeth City NC, with a few blimps. It's almost as big as the hangars at Tustin (I was stationed at El Toro when they had the trouble with our Phantoms phlying through :) ), and Moffet Field, where I saw a Blue Angel Phantom Phly through it. Friggen loud as heck, but awesomely motivating :D

tcom-blimps.jpg

When I lived in Yuma I worked on the one in the middle. The big one. US Customs Aerostat Site Yuma.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived