When Crosswind Landings Go Bad

Here are some shots of an Atlantic Airlines A320neo on approach to Runway 30 at Vagar airport (EKVG) in the rugged Faroe Islands. The approach is being flown by FS2020 AI.

The reported EKVG real world (and imported FS2020) weather at the time was Ceiling: 700 overcast; Visibility: 6 miles; Wind from 350 at 29 knots - a 50 degree crosswind coming from the right side of the runway. The max crosswind component for an A320neo is 33 knots gusting to 38. So things are within limits but getting on the margins.

Watch what happens when the airplane is high on the approach and fails to correct the crab angle in time for runway alignment. Should have been a go around! :D:D:D

V2.jpg

V3.jpg

V4.jpg

V5.jpg

V6.jpg

Edited by BillD22

Looks OK to me Bill! :cool: You're on the airport, even partial on the runway (the first part of the landing that is), there were no expensive noises and it looks like all parts are still there. So: nothing wrong, go to the bar and have one on me. Well done! :pilot::pilot:
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, any landing you can walk away from - and use the aircraft again, without major repairs - is better!

I agree! Having said that, the new sim is obviously capable of making mistakes we RW pilots might make. In this case, you won't lose your license!!;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.