Somehow I have managed to corrupt my C172 pilot view. I have tried all sorts including resetting all 2020 defaults and deleting all my personalised yoke and view settings. I can use arrow keys to get "back into the seat" but if I change views and go back to "pilot" the same fault occurs. My problem only happens with the regular C172. It does not happen with the float or ski version. Changing C172 liveries makes no difference. Only changing the ac does. I am hoping to perhaps copy and transfer the relevant cfg file from say, the float version, to the regular version to correct this but have no idea what actual file would have this info. Any help greatly appreciated as the C172 is my fav aircraft.

6aae179e7cc668f9b4ca1594a3e1cc6d.jpg

Edited by tdbscotland

Will it let you uninstall the C172 in the content manager & then reinstall it? If so, turn presumably the views will be corrected?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I am hoping to perhaps copy and transfer the relevant cfg file from say, the float version, to the regular version to correct this but have no idea what actual file would have this info. Any help greatly appreciated as the C172 is my fav aircraft.

Copy the cameras.cfg from the floaters or skis version.

The line in the cameras.cfg which affects the cockpit viewpoint is this one:

[VIEWS]

eyepoint = -3.95, -0.85, 1.9 ; (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks to all for responses. Managed to delete all 172 models in manager and reinstall but same problem... Have made a back up of my Community foder and going to reinstall the whole sim.

Thanks again.

Martin

I would hold off on that, if you can

When I reinstalled it pulled my settings from the cloud (lost my flight plans, grr), but my camera views stayed. Just me 2 cents :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

When this happens to me, and it DOES on a few airplanes, I just go to the top of the screen, select the camera icon, then "Pilot" and then "Close" and voila! I have the regular panel view.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

When this happens to me, and it DOES on a few airplanes, I just go to the top of the screen, select the camera icon, then "Pilot" and then "Close" and voila! I have the regular panel view.

I agree. It seems buried somewhere. Use the camera menu from the toolbar and then renumber it to you liking. Don't think I would ever uninstall to fix. Just me.