Camsim A350 behaving oddly

ac103010

Installed a Camsim A350. Looks quite nice. But it has 2 problems (so far, at least)

First is that with throttles at idle and parking brake on the aircraft creeps forward. Well, it's a little more than a creep.

Second is that when taking off (everything set correctly, flaps, etc) everything is fine until about 120 kts then the aircraft starts to veer off. The direction is random and no amount of input from the joysick stops it. It continues until it spins through 180 then continues backwards until it come to a stop. When I check outside views I find the the aircraft has "banked" whilst still on the ground and the nose driven into the ground.

Odd, huh?

Allan - You still haven't told us where you got this Camsim A350, freeware or payware, got a file name where one of us can look at the download to see if anything stands out?

If you could copy and paste the aircraft.cfg to a post that would help also! That might get long, so forget that, just let us know where you got the download from with the file name!

In other words, anything other than a brief discussion might help in determining what is causing the problems!

Many of us on here are willing to help where we can, but we are not mind readers either!:rolleyes:

Let us know! Rick :cool:

Sorry Allan - I opened Rikoooo Multi-Pack, a 328 MB download just to look at one aircraft, not going there for sure. I did find another download file in Rikoooo, 164 MB download, 5 texture download. I downloaded it, selected my choice and when I went to open the aircraft, all I got was black spots.

Maybe someone else can help, I seem to be striking out. Ever consider trying another download (A350 by another developer) ?? I have one, a 2D cockpit and it flies with no issues; just a thought!

2020-11-13_8-45-41-512.jpg

This is what I like about freeware downloads! If you download an aircraft and find one to your liking, lucky you! If not, and you have exhausted all fixes you know or others know of, DELETE IT, and move on to another download. The download that you have chosen may very well be a great aircraft, if you can get it to work properly, but, in the end, it's just another freeware download, probably doesn't fly any better than the one I chose!

Good luck! At last count, I have 273 aircraft, and not one of them is going to ruin my day! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Sorry Allan - I opened Rikoooo Multi-Pack, a 328 MB download just to look at one aircraft, not going there for sure. I did find another download file in Rikoooo, 164 MB download, 5 texture download. I downloaded it, selected my choice and when I went to open the aircraft, all I got was black spots.

Maybe someone else can help, I seem to be striking out. Ever consider trying another download (A350 by another developer) ?? I have one, a 2D cockpit and it flies with no issues; just a thought!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]223749[/ATTACH]

This is what I like about freeware downloads! If you download an aircraft and find one to your liking, lucky you! If not, and you have exhausted all fixes you know or others know of, DELETE IT, and move on to another download. The download that you have chosen may very well be a great aircraft, if you can get it to work properly, but, in the end, it's just another freeware download, probably doesn't fly any better than the one I chose!

Good luck! At last count, I have 273 aircraft, and not one of them is going to ruin my day! :rolleyes:

Waste of time, d/l`ing from Rikooo. Wouldn't touch it with a barge, let alone a pole!

Be sure to read through all of the remarks at the bottom of that Rikooo page. Plenty of people having similar problems with takeoff and flight.

Thanks Charlie, it's not just me then! I didn't scroll down to see all the problems people were having with this download. Anyway, my A350 is working just fine! Good luck with this one Allan!

Have a nice day and be safe out there!

Hey Rick and OP,

One thing I would do is use the latest model (version 6.5) no matter what version you installed.

For the -900, this will do 359v65fbux.zip

For the -1000, this will do 350v65vsteax.zip

Get these two running and copy only the texture folders from any older liveries into these two 6.5 versions.

You would then have to copy over the [fltsim.x] sections into the newer aircraft.cfg, then delete the entire older folders.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Thanks Jack, I am sure Allan will have plenty of questions for you. After seeing the mess I found with the Rikoooo download, I walked away from it. Plenty other nice freeware A350-xxx downloads out there that won't put someone to that kind of run around! Like Charlie Zip said, read some of the reviews of the download, which I did, it is truly a mess!

Hope all is well with you Jack! Take care and be safe out there!

Hello folks. I've been unwell for 2 weeks, now, so not much energy. But I've noted all your comments and will go through them when I'm 100% again. In then meantime, though, I did try flying another A350 - 900 from the same stable, and it took off and flew with no problems at all. The only difference as far as I could tell is that it has a different panel. But, as I said, I'll investigate this further, hopefully in the next few days.

Thank you all for the contributions.

Allan

Hello folks. I've been unwell for 2 weeks, now, so not much energy. But I've noted all your comments and will go through them when I'm 100% again. In then meantime, though, I did try flying another A350 - 900 from the same stable, and it took off and flew with no problems at all. The only difference as far as I could tell is that it has a different panel. But, as I said, I'll investigate this further, hopefully in the next few days.

Thank you all for the contributions.

Allan

Congrats, you've learned Lesson One: Rikooo is not to be trusted!

Now go get a `flu` jab! I've had mine for this year.

Hello folks.

Already had my flu jab. Seems like my issue was lactose intolerance. Cut ouit milk and cereal and 95% right, now.

OK, I've saved all the advice for reading later. But this is what I've found. The A350-900 package comes with a panel called 330 installed. First, I'd changed the panel in the Virgin aircraft only and this is the one that was giving me problems. I tried other aircraft out of the same package and with the already installed 330 panel they flew with no problems. But here's the rub, I deleted the new panel and reinstated the 330 panel, but with the same results. The virgin model wouldn't fly. And the Virgin.cfg files is no different to the other aircraft. So, it's a puzzle, which I'll continue to explore.

I've also looked for some other A350's but it would appear that almost all of them are created by Camil Valiquette - Camsim!!!

Anyway, as I said, I will continue to investigate, and thank you for all the information.