Fog over Napier

jankees

Great series I especially like the last shot.

I agree! In fact it gives me goose bumps thinking about RW chopper landings around dark in Orange Co. Ca!:eek::eek:

One night about 22:00, night flying had just ended, and I was driving home on a very very empty parkway!! I was running on fog lights and parking lights only, plus I was holding the door open so I could see the white stripes on the road and hear other traffic at my 15-20moh travel rate. I was very familiar with the road, so other than encountering other traffic I felt pretty comfortable. Cause would at least probably hear them and lay on the horn so they stopped as well

Until I came upon a railroad crossing gate on my left side which I expected to show up on the right. I had been driving on the wrong side of the road for blocks and what I thought was the right edge of the road was the verge to the parkway highway median!! I had been driving on the wrong side of the parkway for blocks!!

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Love those affects! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Michael, your story reminded me of a Nebraska, Blizzard. I had gone to the grocery, I was only in about 5 minutes. It was sprinkling snow when I went in. It was snowing heavily when I came out, and by the time I got to the street, it was a whiteout. I also was driving with the door open to see the stripes in the road. There was one landmark at the turn into the neighborhood, and I just caught it and made the turn. I was feeling much better until at the VERY last second a large ORANGE Allied moving van loomed right in front of me parked across the street. If they had used any other carrier, they would have had a car to unload!

Great shots of bad weather!

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU