A fun question to ask yourself...

..You're the only person who seems to think people might think that.

Hi.

You need to listen to some of the earlier development stage and see some of the videos.

My question to you is: Why are you here? If you have this great work of art why not use it all the time?

You are not doing any good to anyone just trying to hide facts and run interference.

The developers are not well served by that attitude, nor will other users.

I've used MSFS as a tool for over 20 years, you are now telling me that they are not capable of doing it any more and we should not expect it?

You are certainly a guy with a lot of interesting assumptions. Why do you have time to write essays, but I should not have time?

Why are you so concerned that people might buy it, cause it to be a success and have a longer life with better development support?

Most importantly, why do you think I'm hiding things? I fly it, I think it handles the GA planes pretty well and the heavy iron needs a LOT of work. The weather looks great when it works, but right now it doesn't update correctly. The knobs are hard to turn because they were being ding-dongs when they came up with the interface... Some of the knobs even turn backwards to what you would expect... They'll get it sorted, I'm not concerned about it. And if you are, you're wise to wait, or even never buy, if you can't trust it. Or me, or whatever.

But, just like every other FS before it, it is entertainment software when it comes out of the box. Hobbiests turn it into something more if they see fit. No version has ever come out of the box as the sim you have in your mind.

Just like it has been for all the years of its existence, MSFS is entertainment software to get people interested in aviation. It isn't flight training equipment.

I'm not kind to the devs, I have a pile of tickets open with them, some I've had to open more than once because the zendesk idiots don't know what they are reading. Thats how I'm trying to help it get better, and I think that is much more valuable to everyone than you just spitting about it. Do as you please. I'm enjoying it flaws inclusive, but I am on them every day with each flaw I find. I'm not just sitting here grinning like an idiot or telling people its the best thing since biscuits and gravy... That is a version of me that you have created yourself, and that person only exists in your imagination.

Hi.

You need to listen to some of the earlier development stage and see some of the videos.

My question to you is: Why are you here? If you have this great work of art why not use it all the time?

You are not doing any good to anyone just trying to hide facts and run interference.

I've used MSFS as a tool for over 20 years, you are now telling me that they are not capable of doing it any more and we should not expect it?

My thoughts exactly. As soon as one of his argumentative threads is closed, he starts another one. It's clear his hobby isn't flying ---it's posting.

Why do you suppose there is this faction of people who hang out in the FS2020 forum only to say how much they aren't going to buy it?

Probably after reading all the bad reviews from flight simmers who are disappointed in it? I have read a lot have deleted it and went 'back' to P3D, X-Plane, FSX and FS9.

You know, its ok to not like something and state why.

Hi.

I agree! I always read forums and try to find out how a product actually works before I buy it. I appreciate the $1 Xbox for PC "trial". There are some people in this forum that seem to always tell those of us that list issues that we are wrong. I feel that people who are on the fence or who haven't yet bought MSFS should know the bad as well as the good. I also agree that the bugs or things that are broken should not be covered up. No one should be silenced. Not those pointing out issues nor the fanboys.

There are some people in this forum that seem to always tell those of us that list issues that we are wrong.

Wrong again. Those of you listing issues don't even own the sim and don't actually know what you're talking about - that's what's wrong. I've just done a flight across the Highlands of Scotland and seen a long black crack between two tiles of photoscenery, and one or two tiles with colour differences where I could also see the join. How many MSFS "issues" that you've listed have YOU actually experienced? Start walking the walk before you start talking the talk.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

So...the ones listing the issues that own the sim also don't know what they're talking about?

The ones that can't read a post in full don't.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

MSFS has more holes then the Titanic.

Which only had one.

That's actually not true. The forum has been called "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020" all along. Not sure how people are not seeing that.

I thought it was just MSFS, you'd certainly know better than I would.

It is odd that so many thought it was a catch-all then.

Some of us are here because we have an interest in flight simulation but are not prepared to immediately buy for the reasons we outline.

We continue to follow what is happening to determine if there ever likely will be a possibility we may wish to buy.

You don't go to the other forums because you have no interest in ever using those versions. Your decision has been made, ours has not.

Sorry you don't believe in browsing and in your opinion it should be buy or not buy and then get out.

You guys need to get your own specific forum. A general MSFS forum should be open to anyone with an interest in flight sims.

Well said Skywatcher12!

Wrong again. Those of you listing issues don't even own the sim and don't actually know what you're talking about - that's what's wrong. I've just done a flight across the Highlands of Scotland and seen a long black crack between two tiles of photoscenery, and one or two tiles with colour differences where I could also see the join. How many MSFS "issues" that you've listed have YOU actually experienced? Start walking the walk before you start talking the talk.

See. This is exactly what I was talking about. I have been using the sim for 2 weeks. I have experienced numerous issues as have others that have posted here. Obviously you are a fanboy that needs to take off the rose colored glasses. This game is a beta and should not have been released.

See. This is exactly what I was talking about. I have been using the sim for 2 weeks. I have experienced numerous issues as have others that have posted here. Obviously you are a fanboy that needs to take off the rose colored glasses. This game is a beta and should not have been released.

See. This is exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned simmers that can't read a post in full. Even when quoting it in their own post.

See. This is exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned simmers that can't read a post in full. Even when quoting it in their own post.

If you want a list of problems just read this forum. I'm not going to do your homework for you. As for this thread I am finished with you.

If you want a list of problems just read this forum. I'm not going to do your homework for you. As for this thread I am finished with you.

Good. You're not going to do any homework on MSFS either are you? You and all the other moaners just can't be bothered to learn a new sim, and you blame Microsoft, Asobo, and all their relatives and friends for that before yourselves.

as i said on other forum

I heard GTA had many bugs upon release.

Or if you take games with few bugs like a Racing game where everything happens on a limited track less than a mile wide, or FIFA football where the universe is a small rectangle. Easy puding

anyone knows a game with similar complexity to MSFS? When you compare a car with just a speedometer to a cockpit with Garmin etc, plus real weather, plus simulating gravity and forces, scenery. And if there is a similar complex game...did it have bugs upon release?

I believe its impossible not to see bugs on a complex game like this one, (unless you want to spend ten years in the making) , because the fastest way to solve the bugs is to release early so all the bugs can be quickly compiled and reported by millions of users. Its a strategy. They release it early so the bugs can be dealt earlier. Thousands of different PC settings couldnt beat even with a larger beta audience

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post

That's actually not true. The forum has been called "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020" all along. Not sure how people are not seeing that.

It's called the Mandela Effect!

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.