A fun question to ask yourself...

Why do you suppose there is this faction of people who hang out in the FS2020 forum only to say how much they aren't going to buy it?

To me this is like going to a forum about baseball to post about how much you prefer hockey.

If you have already decided that FS2020 is poo, then you're right to go back to your other sim. In fact, I think most of us that are enjoying FS2020 would prefer that you do exactly that. Fly as you please. Because I'm sure not going to show up in one of the other forums and say "why are you guys still flying this?".

It seems like its settling down a little now, but I'm sure there will be more.

If your answer to someone's question is going to be "give up on this and fly this other thing.." You're not helping.

And if your post title is "this sux" you're not helping.

I think there is deliberate trolling going on in here, and I think it is mostly people that are concerned that either their preferred sim has actual competition, or they are concerned that some add-on company is going to switch platforms.

To be honest, I understand the concern, I know how much gets dumped into add-ons for some specific sim, and changing up can be a pricey decision.

But if you're just tearing down a platform because you don't have it, or don't want it, or because you have $3000 invested in making some other platform finally be what you want... You're not helping.

A new sim on the field of play is not a bad thing. And I think anyone who really cares about the long term viability of the hobby should probably be happy that something new has finally shown up, because honestly, it's been a long long time since we saw anything other than rehash of old tech.

I'm on this platform, and I'm sticking around. But if you're not, thats ok too. Just don't come into this forum to bust peoples skulls because you like some other sim. Just go back..

Or in easier terms... This forum is not an airport. Departures do not need to be annouced on the P.A. system.

Thanks. Oh, and the white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers ONLY.

Hi Kurt, I was first introduced to flight sim with FS4 (someone put it on a floppy disc for me). I was blown away by it! LOL

I bought 5.1 and have had every version since, including the CFS ones, not to mention Xplane & P3d.

However.. this new MSFS is absolutely the best we’ve ever had, despite the bugs. I love it!

I spent a fortune on addons myself, mainly VFR scenery for FSX.. but I don’t care. The scenery in MSFS is much better than all my old addons!

Also with FSX for example.. I always had blurry textures.. or tiles... and scenery would often flicker. In fact I re-installed FSX again recently, just to compare it. I was still getting flickering etc, even with my more upto date pc.

However.. with the new sim I don’t get any of that! What’s more.. I can see for miles! Plus the virtual skies are now filled with planes, with other virtual pilots at the controls!

We’ve never had it so good :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Never a truer word spoken. Over a miliion downloads and what ??? maybe 15 people saying how bad it is. Only have to see how many people are experiencing issues in the other Sim forums and they have been around for years. Some people cannot accept change for the better.

MSFS is already streets ahead and will only get better.

Some of us are here because we have an interest in flight simulation but are not prepared to immediately buy for the reasons we outline.

We continue to follow what is happening to determine if there ever likely will be a possibility we may wish to buy.

You don't go to the other forums because you have no interest in ever using those versions. Your decision has been made, ours has not.

Sorry you don't believe in browsing and in your opinion it should be buy or not buy and then get out.

You guys need to get your own specific forum. A general MSFS forum should be open to anyone with an interest in flight sims.

Mark Daniels

I certainly think people should be cautious about criticising something they don't own but it is not out of order to offer a view on or ask questions about genuine issues that people are reporting.

I am quite enjoying FS20 but there is no doubt the game has issues and many areas (such as the AP, Garmin and passenger jets) are still something of a WIP.

Vern.

I've got nothing against someone who is unhappy with a product stating why this is so. Not everyone is tech-savvy, not everyone is in their best of years, and we can all make a bad decision from time to time. Though there is a distinction between raising an issue and railing on about it in unending posts. The "Dude, just get over it!" point.

Having a forum named "Griping" won't work, I guess, because some of those posters actually want to be understood or helped. Someone may post something to shake your head at once, yet be downright helpful the next. Fine with me. We're a community, after all. All for one...

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.

Agreed with OP.

I've been flying simulators since the early 80's on an 8086 5 1/4" floppy with FS2 I believe. Owned and flown every copy of MS FS since and X-Plane along with a heavy investement in DCS products and everything I could get my hands on in between.

IMO, without going into minute details of this and that, FS 2020 offers me an immersion factor that I have not recieved from any other sim ever. It's great, and I can't wait for VR.

There are clearly some bugs to be worked out, and some functionality in the GXXX series glass that needs either fixing or implementing, but I've been very happy with the day 1 offering that we have been provided so far.

More exciting to me is the seemingly big commitment MS and partners have demonstrated in continuing development of the platform and fixing these issues. We wait weeks or months or years for bug fixes and implementations of certain things on other platforms so I don't know why the expectation is that MS gets it right from the start, or that it should be fixed within a few days.

The default planes and their functionality out of the box from MS is amazing IMO. I've really been enjoyting GA planes I would have never purchased from a third party like the DA62 and TBM which may have replaced the Pilatus as one of my all time favorite single engine turbo props.

It boggles me why so many people are so invested in downgrading other products either X-plane or FS 2020. Any addition to the Simming community within the niche of flight is a bonus in my department. We don't get exciting news in this genre very often, but IMO FS 2020 is some very exciting news and I look forward to the future of flight simming with it and hopefully it will help raise the bar for other offerings to. Competition is great, and the future of flight sims is also IMO.

I'm an FSX-SE happy user who has been reading all the post about MSFS because I'm not a 1st adopter of pretty much anything but after these couple weeks AM getting convinced to plunk down my $90 and get the Deluxe version.... mostly cuz I live in Chicago and want O'Hare, though I suspect I will then lose my beloved Meigs Field?

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I have been flight simmimg for twenty five years,and the most fun,aside from eagerly awaiting the next new sim,is eagerly awaiting new files to modify the planes,scenery,weather,etc.,and going to the forums every day to see what someone else has discovered.Its like christmas every day!

Some of us are here because we have an interest in flight simulation but are not prepared to immediately buy for the reasons we outline.

We continue to follow what is happening to determine if there ever likely will be a possibility we may wish to buy.

You don't go to the other forums because you have no interest in ever using those versions. Your decision has been made, ours has not.

Sorry you don't believe in browsing and in your opinion it should be buy or not buy and then get out.

You guys need to get your own specific forum. A general MSFS forum should be open to anyone with an interest in flight sims.

This response (and one or two from others) caught me by surprise. If you think I said that you can't have an opinion then you read it wrong.

Or if you think I said that you can't post till you own it... Thats not what I said either.

This was directed at the people that are just hanging out being disruptive trolls.

If someone has legitimate questions or concerns, they should post and ask questions. But as far as opinion, how can anyone have a meaningful opinion on something they haven't actually used? I have never gone skydiving, I think it looks fun. But that is the limit of my 'opinion' of the sport because I haven't done it. Similarly, I think parkour is silly and dangerous, but I'm sure not swinging by some Parkour forum to tell them that. Just because a person has an opinion doesn't mean anyone cares.

People thinking of buying are not going to get value in the 'opinion' of someone who has never used the product, or whose opinion is based entirely on someone elses opinion. People thinking of buying are looking for the opinion of people who have first hand experience.

Lets try not to paint me into the corner of saying you have no right to speak. If that is all you got from my post, then you read it with a chip on your shoulder right from the start.

No paintbucket here.

But I found this interesting: The Forum rules (how many of us have read them?) make no mention of trolling. Do moderators go after the real trolls with the equivalent of yellow and red cards? If not, shouldn’t they?

For everything else, let us muse on the penultimate line of said rules: “revel in our many differences that makes this such a wonderful international community!”

David

´´´\/```

Amen! I couldn't have said it better.

MSFS is a beta that should not have been released yet. Please get off your high horse.

Actually I agree with this remark. I'm not on any high horse.

But being released too soon, and with bugs is not the same thing as what is getting spewed around by some who are just right off the cuff going with 'this sim sucks' and frankly going way beyond that saying that it will always suck and is irredeemable, which is just silly.

But yeah, its loaded with bugs, and I get frustrated with it too. They'll fix it, I'm not worried about it.

As long as GTA has been brought in to the discussion, it was full of bugs at release too, and RockStar is probably the only studio on earth that can make Microsoft look fast. But thats not really anything to do with anything.

well, there it is. We all have some common ground.

So! Let's all go flyin'!

Oh cr@p. I can't. I've been stuck away from home tending sick relatives (not too serious, thankfully) for over a week.... my laptop's too old (MS Surface Book 1) to run MSFS. Guys, now THAT sucks.

´´´\/```

• Founder

Apparently it is not yet clear to some, but the specific forum you are now in is specifically for the 2020 version of Microsoft Flight Simulator, not just for flight simulators in general. Unfortunately, Microsoft did not use a truly unique name for this version, so we are forever stuck with the confusion that decision will cause.

Only those that choose to be ignorant of the title will be the ones trolling. It is a choice to be made, it is quite clear what forums are what, they are labeled quite accurately.

They are now, looks like Nels changed it today, it didn't say 2020 yesterday.

Why do you suppose there is this faction of people who hang out in the FS2020 forum only to say how much they aren't going to buy it?

Some are here to dispel some of the intentional miss information that is being posted, either by the lack of knowledge or for some material interest in the product, at the expense of users that may not know enough about sims or flying, and what a tool for aviation should be like. Which is what was promised.

As I see it, it will likely take many years before AssoboFS20 will be at the level of MSFSX, P3D, XPlane.. and people have the right to know.

In addition the developers, and you, the ones that want to hide the truth, will benefit more from people that actually know, and are honest about pointing out some of the problems.

It would appear that most of the people that want to hide the facts are / have had, some direct interest in the product and try to hide the flaws, which benefits no one.

In addition we all want something better that we can use as a serious tool and by hiding facts it will never get there.

In addition we all want something better that we can use as a serious tool and by hiding facts it will never get there.

MS has never released a flight training device, and they never will. You know full well that the certification process for that designation is way beyond the boundaries of their intent.

I don't believe I've ever heard of anyone who took any version of MSFS that seriously, especially at release day. It is at its best a pretty good, but never ever official procedural sim, but even in old versions even that is only true after extensive mods.

I'm not 'hiding' anything. I'm pretty sure I've been pretty open about it being flawed. But I also knew I wasn't buying an approved flight training device, and I'm pretty sure everyone else knows that too.

You're the only person who seems to think people might think that.