FSX Crashing

dunwanlar

I have played FSX for a few months already and it have been going very well but suddenly a few days back until now, my FSX keeps crashing without any error after a few minutes played, mostly when taxiing to the runway or at the runway. I have looked for threads and solutions about this but nothing helped me. Need some help asap i cant play the game now!

I have played FSX for a few months already and it have been going very well but suddenly a few days back until now, my FSX keeps crashing without any error after a few minutes played, mostly when taxiing to the runway or at the runway. I have looked for threads and solutions about this but nothing helped me. Need some help asap i cant play the game now!

Do a fresh start with a new game scenario.

You've probaby corrupted the original...

Have you updated to Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 (SP1 & SP2) yet? They will fix crashes like this and they're available for free at: https://byteforge.com/simworld/msfs_files.htm

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

As CRJ_simpilot says; what is in the event viewer?

About a month back I had a series of crashes, not location or aircraft specific.

The event viewer showed me the cause.

W11 Home. Intel Corei7-14700K 3.4Ghz 28cpu.

Nvidia Geforce RTX4040Ti Super. ASUS ROG Strix B650 Mobo.

1 TB Samsung 990m2 SSD.

The download seems to not be available for me.

My apologies, those links are now dead. Service Pack 1 is still available here:

https://www.fileplanet.com/archive/p-75294/Flight-Simulator-X-SP1-Update-English

Service Pack 2 from the same site:

https://www.fileplanet.com/archive/p-69170/Flight-Simulator-X-SP2-Update-English

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I am running FSX Steam Edition which I think SV1 and 2 is included in it right? Do I need to download those?

No, Steam Edition already has the service packs and many other updates already built in.

Have you tried logging in to your Steam account and verifying your FSX installation? This will automatically repair any damaged files and replace any that are missing:

-Hover your mouse over Library

-Cick on "Games"

-Right-click "Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition"

-Select "Properties"

-Select the "Local Files" tab

-Click on "Verify Integrity of Games Cache"

Edited by tiger1962

I am not so sure at all but this was the latest warning sign after the crash

svchost (3696,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.

feels weird

Did it before but made no difference but seems like i found the latest warning event in event viewer which is this

svchost (3696,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.

But it does not seem right, i see nothing related to fsx?

I crashed once again but when i go to the event viewer, i cant find a time that when I had crashed. My mouse goes into a blue loading circle and brought me out of the whole game. There is no warning that matched my crashed time!! These keeps happening after i fly for awhile, less than 10 mins!!

• 2 weeks later...
It was okay after a few days and there are no crashes, but it came back again! It is starting to crash yet again after a few minutes! I dont know if it is the amount of people in the server, but does it mean I have to keep on verifying integrity of game files?