Winter 172

Just a hop from Troy, Michigan to KRFD. Where ever that is. I just pointed it West until I got low on fuel and found the nearest airport. :D

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

fsscr007.jpg

fsscr008.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lots of BRRRRRR.... Nice and crisp pics though! :cool::cool::cool:

Thanks! Cold and a lot of low clouds

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice flight David, but, I am beginning to think you are starting to like this white stuff? Better days are coming (So they say?), and you can begin thawing out! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

No, I really don’t like it. I have my default flight saved at Daytona Beach. However, since it was snowing here I just had to rock some IMC. Guess I’m addicted to it :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

385 miles of brrr!

Good flight!

So that’s how long it was. Pretty good headwind also. :D:rolleyes:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tiedous winter time! :)

We are waiting to maybe see some sunshine today

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice captures of your winter flight to Chicago Rockford David. :cool: :cool: Hey, if you have snow your may as well fly in it. :D

Thanks Larry! Got up to around 50 today and sunshine. But, pretty windy

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

50* ?? That's getting up to shorts and tee shirt weather! Not for us Floridians, but you snow birds can do it! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

I can deal with as low as 70 :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David,

I enjoyed your Rockford flight as well! I recreated it yesterday and it was around 60F RW. With global warming, scenes as you portrayed them are becoming a thing of the past, even in Illinois. Meanwhile Rick and his fellow Floridians should probably start constructing their arks! :p

Friends of mine moved to Florida from Ky. early last year. As most transplants do, they began calling, texting, etc. about how much they loved the warmth. Later, in summer, I texted them and asked how they liked being on hurricane evacuation alert?

There's good and bad about everywhere we choose to live. ;) And I've more than once been on either side of weather related kidding! :o

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

David,

I enjoyed your Rockford flight as well! I recreated it yesterday and it was around 60F RW. With global warming, scenes as you portrayed them are becoming a thing of the past, even in Illinois. Meanwhile Rick and his fellow Floridians should probably start constructing their arks! :p

Friends of mine moved to Florida from Ky. early last year. As most transplants do, they began calling, texting, etc. about how much they loved the warmth. Later, in summer, I texted them and asked how they liked being on hurricane evacuation alert?

There's good and bad about everywhere we choose to live. ;) And I've more than once been on either side of weather related kidding! :o

Michael

Thanks Michael! Not sure if it's global warming...sometimes there is a lot of hot air coming out of Chicago :rolleyes:

When I lived in Florida I went through 3 hurricanes. Not too bad except for the power being out for a week. Hard to get gas and food. Of course at the time I didn't have a generator to run the fridge and maybe some lights or other appliances. (I have one now in Michigan). Irene went through a couple years ago and did a bit of damage to my house there but I got a new roof and inside repairs done. It needed it anyway.

I love the summers. The more humid the better. Perfect beach weather.

I'm sure I'll pretty much be gone by the time Florida will be under water. :D

The wife and I have been patiently waiting for Palm trees to start growing here in Michigan. :cool:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The wife and I have been patiently waiting for Palm trees to start growing here in Michigan."

I've seen naturally occurring palm trees thrive in Scotland. So you might see it happen. ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Nice cold and snowy shots!!!!!!!!!

Thank you kindly!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]