A Nice BIZ Jet EMBRAER 100

• 1 month later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215028[/ATTACH]

I posted this a while back and have really had fun flying it. I did, however, have some problems with the amount of runway that was needed to get this bird stopped. This bird has spoilerons, but does not have reverse thrusters and getting it to stop was taking it's toll on me. Last evening, I did some research on the Embraer Phenom 100, only to find out, the aircraft engineers did not feel reverse thrusters were necessary as the slow approach for this aircraft, why would you need it? Slow approach they say? I was approaching the runway at 140 KIAS and they say recommended landing speed to be around 100 KIAS. Okay, let's do some more landings with the reduced airspeed and see how that works out. I tried 150 KIAS on my base leg, reducing to 130 KIAS on the turn to final. I further dropped the airspeed, just before the ILS kicked in, to 110 KIAS, full flaps 40*! Sounds slow right? It actually flew the final to the runway very nicely, bled the airspeed off just before touchdown to their recommended 100 KIAS and what a great approach to landing it turned out to be! This aircraft has taken on a whole new meaning in the way it performs! I can now feel comfortable about flying into airports with shorter runways! The engineers even boast this aircraft's ability for taking off comfortably on runways 3000' or less. I haven't tried the shorter runways, but I will say, this jet does want to "Boot, Scoot and Boogie" down the runway!

Just thought I would share with those of you that might have this aircraft. I should have asked this forum sooner about the approach speeds! Oh well, thanks to Google again! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Hey Rick, thanks for the info. I think many of us who sim aren't nearly as apt to look at the flight specs as we should be when switching aircraft. I mean sim crashes aren't too painful!

If we're "simming" we should try harder to act as though we were entering a RW aircraft we weren't type certified for yet. ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi Michael, that little Honda Jet that you and David have been flying, what type of approach speeds do you use for that?

Thanks - Rick :cool:

Funny you should ask. I looked it up. The numbers I could find indicated 90-100 with full flaps. I’m using 120 and it does fine. Waiting to see what Michael says

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

we should try harder to act as though we were entering a RW aircraft we weren't type certified for yet. ;)

Michael

Yes, most of RW pilots do that. Compare and tune a aircraft specs in FSX to those in RW! But that needs to venture deep into FSX files. Which may prove more dangerous than useful, to people who don't know ;)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net