El Paso to Aspen, CO - Not a good ending.

I'm just enjoying a nice Lear flight. Until approach and an attempted landing....:mad:

fsscr017.jpg

fsscr018.jpg

fsscr019.jpg

fsscr020.jpg

fsscr021.jpg

fsscr022.jpg

fsscr023.jpg

fsscr024.jpg

fsscr025.jpg

Now the routing from ATC was for a visual. Done them plenty of times in the Lear, no problem. But this is Aspen. Ended up high and fast on final. Declared a missed approach. ATC managed to route me into the side of a mountain. ALWAYS use current charts and to hell with ATC.

fsscr028.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - You're a better man than I am! I would not have aired this flight out to this forum, regardless of who was at fault. You still have all the screenshots, you can put that last one in "file 13" and try to do this again. It will have a better ending, I am sure! Oh, and Jan's suggestion of making the approach over water, I think he has a "fetish" for water?:rolleyes: You took the scenic route, but I think you missed a turn somewhere? LOL!

Try it again David, and be safe! Rick :cool:

Next time approach over water......:rolleyes: Pity about the landing, but the pics are nice! :cool::eek::eek:
. Good point, maybe I should stay out of the mountains!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - You're a better man than I am! I would not have aired this flight out to this forum, regardless of who was at fault. You still have all the screenshots, you can put that last one in "file 13" and try to do this again. It will have a better ending, I am sure! Oh, and Jan's suggestion of making the approach over water, I think he has a "fetish" for water?:rolleyes: You took the scenic route, but I think you missed a turn somewhere? LOL!

Try it again David, and be safe! Rick :cool:

. How many times have Jan put it in the drink! LOL!

I gave it a lot of thought before posting it. But I haven’t seen too many crashes in the forum lately. Due to my exceptional skills we all walked away. 😜

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David, look at it from my point of view. One of the big advantages to a sim is the ESC button. ;) Almost anyone can safely walk away from a crashed sim flight. Except Jan's crew and passengers of course, they usually have to swim!! :p:p

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204148[/ATTACH]

You simply have to read the fine print on any Peer Ticket!

:rolleyes:

. Way too funny!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did I Hear some rumors on the background perhaps?:mad:
. 😂

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice flight until the trees got in your way David. :cool: :cool: :p The nice thing about flighsim is that you get the pleasure without suffering the pain - only the embarrassment.
. Yep, a lot of truth to that.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David, look at it from my point of view. One of the big advantages to a sim is the ESC button. ;) Almost anyone can safely walk away from a crashed sim flight. Except Jan's crew and passengers of course, they usually have to swim!! :p:p.

Michael

. 😂😂

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pah!

[attach=config]204149[/attach]

😂🤣. You water, me trees. Let the reputations stand!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The same +1 !!!
Guess there are more of us!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tut, tut, tut.............
. My plane goes putt, putt, putt

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived