Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No Audio on Nav Ident

1. Default No Audio on Nav Ident

Hi, all -

I've been all over looking for an answer for this one.

Currently running FSX Steam Edition, and rarely using anything outside of the default Cessna 172 (perhaps later, but currently using to supplement flight school) . Regardless of audio panel selections, I get no morse code beeps. I've triple-checked all settings, including cockpit noises. The auto-pilot beep and stall horn are both nice and loud, and switches are audible as well, so that pretty much rules out any issue with cockpit noises. It's only the identifier function that has this issue.

99% of the posts I found were either people who didn't know what that "annoying beeping was" or didn't know what the audio panel was for. Either way, I haven't found anything close to a solution for what I hope is a simple problem (simple=not having to reinstall everything). To be honest, I don't can't if it ever worked, as this is a fairly new installation.

Any ideas not involving the audio panel or FSX audio settings?

Thanks,
    db

Normally there is a button under NAV1 or Nav2 that must be pressed to make the code audible once the correct VOR frequency is dialed. The location and/or names vary with panel models.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by dbphiladelphia View Post
    Hi, all -

I've been all over looking for an answer for this one.

Currently running FSX Steam Edition, and rarely using anything outside of the default Cessna 172 (perhaps later, but currently using to supplement flight school) . Regardless of audio panel selections, I get no morse code beeps. I've triple-checked all settings, including cockpit noises. The auto-pilot beep and stall horn are both nice and loud, and switches are audible as well, so that pretty much rules out any issue with cockpit noises. It's only the identifier function that has this issue.

99% of the posts I found were either people who didn't know what that "annoying beeping was" or didn't know what the audio panel was for. Either way, I haven't found anything close to a solution for what I hope is a simple problem (simple=not having to reinstall everything). To be honest, I don't can't if it ever worked, as this is a fairly new installation.

Any ideas not involving the audio panel or FSX audio settings?

Thanks,
    db
    TBH, if you want realism, the default 172 won't cut it. There was/is a mod for it made by Rob of Real Air fame still d/l- able on their web site - originally for FS2004 but it works with FSX. There's also a full FSX-specific FDE from Alex Metzger - don't know if its available on his website but it's downloadable among his other packages from
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...hhYWRBV00/view

Don't know if that might solve the problem, but either or both would certainly be worth trying.

With the NAV1 or NAV2 audio buttons energized and no Morse Code, are you sure you are tuned to the correct freq and that the VOR has an audible Morse Code Identifier?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

5. Default

Audio Nav2 Marker FSX:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marker nav2.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	195990

6. Default

Oh, and the beacon has to be nearer then 200 NM (nautical mile) for you to hear it.

The "Pull Ident" button on the NAV radio must also be activated, in addition to the NAV2 on the audio panel. If that doesn't do it, then you may be a little off on the freq.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

8. Default

I activated only the marked button. Heard the beeps.

Pull Ident reminds of of another radio panel. The one in the 747 perhaps? Not sure.
    Last edited by il88pp; 01-18-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by il88pp View Post
    I activated only the marked button. Heard the beeps.

Pull Ident reminds of of another radio panel. The one in the 747 perhaps? Not sure.
    Yes it's there. Look at your picture. It's directly below the NAV 1 label and also another under the NAV 2 label. You probably already had it set. Click on it with your mouse and the sound will likely go off. Then click on it again and it should come back on.

10. Default

I checked. On the Cessna radio panel the Nav2 button that I marked in the image, and the Ident button button have the same function. Click one of the two, and both switch off/on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast