No Audio on Nav Ident

dbphiladelphia

Hi, all -

I've been all over looking for an answer for this one.

Currently running FSX Steam Edition, and rarely using anything outside of the default Cessna 172 (perhaps later, but currently using to supplement flight school) . Regardless of audio panel selections, I get no morse code beeps. I've triple-checked all settings, including cockpit noises. The auto-pilot beep and stall horn are both nice and loud, and switches are audible as well, so that pretty much rules out any issue with cockpit noises. It's only the identifier function that has this issue.

99% of the posts I found were either people who didn't know what that "annoying beeping was" or didn't know what the audio panel was for. Either way, I haven't found anything close to a solution for what I hope is a simple problem (simple=not having to reinstall everything). To be honest, I don't can't if it ever worked, as this is a fairly new installation.

Any ideas not involving the audio panel or FSX audio settings?

Thanks,

db

Hi, all -

I've been all over looking for an answer for this one.

Currently running FSX Steam Edition, and rarely using anything outside of the default Cessna 172 (perhaps later, but currently using to supplement flight school) . Regardless of audio panel selections, I get no morse code beeps. I've triple-checked all settings, including cockpit noises. The auto-pilot beep and stall horn are both nice and loud, and switches are audible as well, so that pretty much rules out any issue with cockpit noises. It's only the identifier function that has this issue.

99% of the posts I found were either people who didn't know what that "annoying beeping was" or didn't know what the audio panel was for. Either way, I haven't found anything close to a solution for what I hope is a simple problem (simple=not having to reinstall everything). To be honest, I don't can't if it ever worked, as this is a fairly new installation.

Any ideas not involving the audio panel or FSX audio settings?

Thanks,

db

TBH, if you want realism, the default 172 won't cut it. There was/is a mod for it made by Rob of Real Air fame still d/l- able on their web site - originally for FS2004 but it works with FSX. There's also a full FSX-specific FDE from Alex Metzger - don't know if its available on his website but it's downloadable among his other packages from

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMd0VLT3hhYWRBV00/view

Don't know if that might solve the problem, but either or both would certainly be worth trying.

The "Pull Ident" button on the NAV radio must also be activated, in addition to the NAV2 on the audio panel. If that doesn't do it, then you may be a little off on the freq.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I activated only the marked button. Heard the beeps.

Pull Ident reminds of of another radio panel. The one in the 747 perhaps? Not sure.

Yes it's there. Look at your picture. It's directly below the NAV 1 label and also another under the NAV 2 label. You probably already had it set. Click on it with your mouse and the sound will likely go off. Then click on it again and it should come back on.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

TBH, if you want realism, the default 172 won't cut it. There was/is a mod for it made by Rob of Real Air fame still d/l- able on their web site - originally for FS2004 but it works with FSX. There's also a full FSX-specific FDE from Alex Metzger - don't know if its available on his website but it's downloadable among his other packages from

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMd0VLT3hhYWRBV00/view

Don't know if that might solve the problem, but either or both would certainly be worth trying.

I'very generally been pretty happy with the default 172. It was a bit oversensitive prior to tweaking my dead zones, but I attributed that more to my hardware. Still, i'll give those ones a whirl. I should also try a couple different aircraft and see if I have the same problem with any of them.

I'very generally been pretty happy with the default 172. It was a bit oversensitive prior to tweaking my dead zones, but I attributed that more to my hardware. Still, i'll give those ones a whirl. I should also try a couple different aircraft and see if I have the same problem with any of them.

OK - so I definitely feel the difference in realism. Bummer, though- the panel got all sorts of misaligned.[ATTACH=CONFIG]196024[/ATTACH]

Not that it matters much, as I use peripheral tablet apps for my gauges and gps as well as a host of Saitek cntrollers.

On the bright side, I can hear the morse code beeps now!

Archived