The 2024 Australian Air Rally - The FBO

TomPenDragon

Posted (edited)

I've been doing a little short haul work with Mike Stone's Caravelle ... very pretty bird.  Hey Bosss ... how are you coming on your new RTW ... ?

Air_France.jpg.312c7aeb3c54e0a79b543ef4dc1ad75c.jpg

Edited by taoftedal
Oops ... forgot the Caravelle!

So, gents... what's next on the Plate? Michael (Rupert) gave us the very fun and short Flight from Queenstown to Milford, so what should we do next? Anyone up for a $100 'Hamburger' Flight somewhere?

The 'usual' Rules apply... 😀

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I was just thinking that these short Flights are a good way to keep the Interest going without requiring a huge amount of hoops to jump through, in keeping with our 'theme'. No worries or having the heebie jeebies about any 'recordkeeping' or being the Showrunner other than suggesting what the Flight is and the Particulars. If you want to start a new Thread in the appropriate Forum like Michael (Rupert) did, go right ahead. How's that sound? Where 'ya gonna find a better deal than that? 😁 

• Like 1

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

OK, I posted the NZ flight in the wrong thread, how do we move this?

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

1 hour ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Hit the REPORT button and explain where you would like it to go!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

1 hour ago, mrzippy said:

Hit the REPORT button and explain where you would like it to go!

Thanks zippy, learn something new everyday!

• Thanks 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

23 hours ago, taoftedal said:

Hey Bosss ... how are you coming on your new RTW ... ?

I'm still waiting on the RAF to get me some info on the aircraft's markings at the time. They have other things on their hands at the moment of course. 

Regards

Kit

17 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Where IS the thread for the NZ flights please?

I can't find it anywhere.

Regards

Kit

Wow - I come back after a little while and there are all sorts of things going on!

First, congratulations to Melo for finishing his circumnavigation.

Second, how many parallel Challenges do we have running now?  We've got the Milford Sound in New Zealand, the Panama Canal water rescue, Bosss' Aries circumnavigation, Rotorhead (for when flying fixed-wing just isn't frustrating enough), and though he hasn't branded it as a Club thread, Sirrus' D-Day commemoration is a very nice piece of Flightsim writing.

Third is someone else's news to tell; I don't want to steal their thunder (and thunderous news it is, and thanks so much to the people who finally made it happen!).

So, before I have to run off again, a little housekeeping: Unless someone PM's me or posts an objection here before 12:00 PDT, I'll at long last lock the Great Australian Air Gaggle's FBO.  Thanks!

(I miss spending my days hanging around the FBO with you folks - this real life stuff's for the birds)

• Like 1