The 2024 Australia Rally...

ViperPilot2

Make a simple little check on the prepositioned fuel and refreshments at YCAG, and there it is again.

OK, how come there's this yellow Chipmunk everywhere I go?

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

28 minutes ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Make a simple little check on the prepositioned fuel and refreshments at YCAG, and there it is again.

image.jpeg

Yeah, you guys with them newfangled Sims got Buildings, a Taxiway, and a passel of Twinkie Sheilas runnin' out to Fuel your birds, bring 'ya a cold Drink, and chat you right up...

Us Niners got a Grass strip that looks more like someone's Front Lawn; you'll miss it if youse ain't paying' attention to the Terrain! 😝

• Like 1

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

11 minutes ago, ViperPilot2 said:

Us Niners got a Grass strip that looks more like someone's Front Lawn

Yeah, as does the FSX default.

This 'ol Jarhead flew in a couple CB's I know from Oki.

Offer them all the cold beer they can drink, and you get a temporary control tower, internet, Netflix, and fuel trucks.

For a bunch of swabbies, they do good work.

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

I'll be monitoring the Thread this Weekend if anyone has any questions.

Y'all stay safe out there this New Year's Weekend! 

• Like 1

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

6 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

That's Melo for you, he gets EVERYwhere. 🙂

I'm well on the way to repainting my Short Sealand for the Oz Rally. The fuselage is about done, and I'm working on the wings now. The panel now works, after I swapped a dozen FS9 gauges for FSX ones,  and the hull floats a bit higher in the water too. But it's very unstable, and the .cfg file's going to need some 'fixing'. 🫤

This pic was taken 3/4 of the way through the repaint, it's a lot better now.

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.0c53dc05ae21cf2abd87d1a7437c9422.jpg

• Like 1

Regards

Kit

10 hours ago, ViperPilot2 said:

Us Niners got a Grass strip that looks more like someone's Front Lawn; you'll miss it if youse ain't paying' attention to the Terrain!

Lol, default YKNG, finding this place from even ten miles away is a task;  no lights, no navaids, no fuel.  I think someone just mowed a path in a pasture.

ykng.jpg.07f2d2f2521bedd2862cb5c0a28a2717.jpg

ykng2.jpg.1599ef9797a4b229a11480fd236ef353.jpg

Ready to go after some final tweaking to the shading and alpha, and she proudly wears her Benson and Hedges decal now (thanks!).

Around 500 D17s were build, C through G models, 1936-1946;  150 still exist, of which around fifty are still flying.  The model was discontinued solely because of cost, a D17G was roughly four times the cost of the new Bonanza A35.

stag_aus.jpg.ab9ab9fe41bb21b1ae47f61954f59a35.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jgf said:

Ready to go after some final tweaking to the shading and alpha, and she proudly wears her Benson and Hedges decal

She's a grand lady fore sure.

Bravo Zulu.

phrog x 2.jpg

12 hours ago, Bossspecops said:

I'm well on the way to repainting my Short Sealand for the Oz Rally. The fuselage is about done, and I'm working on the wings now. The panel now works, after I swapped a dozen FS9 gauges for FSX ones,  and the hull floats a bit higher in the water too. But it's very unstable, and the .cfg file's going to need some 'fixing'. 🫤

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.0c53dc05ae21cf2abd87d1a7437c9422.jpg

Impressive ... well done Bosss!  (boy ... there is some real talent in this group.  If it wasn't for Ctrl-E I'd never get the engines started).

40 minutes ago, taoftedal said:

boy ... there is some real talent in this group

As they always say "Teamwork make the beer beer disappear."

phrog x 2.jpg

6 hours ago, jgf said:

Lol, default YKNG, finding this place from even ten miles away is a task;  no lights, no navaids, no fuel.  I think someone just mowed a path in a pasture.

Much the same for FSX.

Popped over to see how it looks and there's already two ahead of me, Melo and jgf.

I hope this isn't a sign of how the race will run.

image.thumb.jpeg.63b5a828ba9e2fd011b97949e7ce56ce.jpeg

• Like 2

phrog x 2.jpg

10 hours ago, ViperPilot2 said:

Y'all stay safe out there this New Year's Weekend! 

And you!

phrog x 2.jpg

7 hours ago, Bossspecops said:

Looking good!

Can't wait to see it completed.

phrog x 2.jpg

2 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Much the same for FSX.

Popped over to see how it looks and there's already two ahead of me.

image.thumb.jpeg.63b5a828ba9e2fd011b97949e7ce56ce.jpeg

There's a little more detail of YKNG with P3D and ORBX.  The runway is unpaved, but there is a tower,  And yes, there was another plane already parked there.  Perhaps I'm already late as well.

That's me with my Baron getting ready to return to YPUT for the event start.

411354194_1ReadttoGoSC87.thumb.jpg.04a10ac91f40da4560fae25181968cf1.jpg

• Like 2
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

1 hour ago, Rupert said:

There's a little more detail of YKNG with P3D and ORBX.  The runway is unpaved, but there is a tower,  And yes, there was another plane already parked there.  Perhaps I'm already late as well.

That's me with my Baron getting ready to return to YPUT for the event start.

411354194_1ReadttoGoSC87.thumb.jpg.04a10ac91f40da4560fae25181968cf1.jpg

Glad to have you along with us, Michael!

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

11 hours ago, Bossspecops said:

I was doing a trivia contest with my brother and sister a while back, and I scored highest in the geography catagory, after having flown almost everywhere in flight simulator. 🙂

12 hours ago, Bossspecops said:

Looks great so far!

The Sealand's about sorted now, I can't quite get the performance out of it that the Wiki page talks about, but it's close. The irritating pitch instability is now eased a bit, and it lands and takes-off on water or land quite well. It's also sits a little higher in the water too, which can't be bad.

So I give you G-AUST 'Austral Rose', Albion Airline's entry in the 2024 All Australia Rally. 🙂 

G-AUSTWiP-b.jpg.9d509f64ed24622ef1a467ac5a2e7a74.jpg

That's taken at Jandakot (OPJT) with the Orbx and OZx scenery package in FSX, and there's a quite a lot of AI traffic there too.

• Like 2

Regards

Kit

31 minutes ago, Bossspecops said:

So I give you G-AUST 'Austral Rose', Albion Airline's entry in the 2024 All Australia Rally.

She's a beauty!

phrog x 2.jpg

44 minutes ago, Bossspecops said:

The Sealand's about sorted now, I can't quite get the performance out of it that the Wiki page talks about, but it's close. The irritating pitch instability is now eased a bit, and it lands and takes-off on water or land quite well. It's also sits a little higher in the water too, which can't be bad.

So I give you G-AUST 'Austral Rose', Albion Airline's entry in the 2024 All Australia Rally. 🙂 

G-AUSTWiP-b.jpg.9d509f64ed24622ef1a467ac5a2e7a74.jpg

That's taken at Jandakot (OPJT) with the Orbx and OZx scenery package in FSX, and there's a quite a lot of AI traffic there too.

Looks like a winner to me! Glad you were to soften the Instabilities a bit; makes for more enjoyable flying!

• Like 1

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

10 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Popped over to see how it looks and there's already two ahead of me, Melo and jgf.

I haven't started yet, that was a photo run from YKNG to YBLN.  I expect to assume my usual last place ...with everyone in front of me I can keep an eye on you (though the "Swaggerwing" can do just over 200kt GS at 12k ft).

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 8:56 AM, TomPenDragon said:

And one last post for 2023:

May your 2024's bring you and those you hold dear peace, success in every meaning of the word, better health than you have enjoyed in 2023, and growth in all of the right places and none of the wrong ones.  May you survive 2024's turmoils and upheavals with calm and grace and emerge strengthened.  May we all be here this time next year, and raise a glass to each other.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Indeed TPD. Same to you and yours. At 68.5 years old, the 'senior's moments' are starting to kick in.