The Next Challenge...

ViperPilot2

2 hours ago, ViperPilot2 said:

In the future, it would be best if you and the other Participant in this Conversation continue your Debate in Private. This is not the appropriate Venue for such Conversations and Subject Matter.

For the Record, no one ever said or Decreed that there would be a Home Airport for this Group, and that it would be Located in South America. All that was mentioned was a correlation between the Name for our proposed Club and an Airport located in the same Geographical region. Nothing was said about formally making it our Home Airport.

I sincerely and politely ask and request that you abide by my wishes regarding this Matter.

Thank you. 🙂

I have deleted my post

Well, my comments were generic, not specific to anything here, just based on years of corresponding online with people all over the world.  Yes, there are frequent misunderstandings, usually humorous and always easily cleared up.

As for our name, I've no problem with any of the proposals.  A "home base"?  Interesting from an RPG perspective;  if we have one it should be somewhere unique.

For now, Merry Christmas!  Happy Hanukkah! Joyous Kwanzaa!  or Bah!  Humbug!  depending on how you view the season.

2 hours ago, ViperPilot2 said:

Niners will have to use Plan-G; LittleNavMap isn't compatible with FS9.

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

https://www.plan-g.app/app.php/home

There is also the free

"FS2004/FSX Super Flight Planner 4.0.5.

This is a very advanced flight planner featuring a state of the art moving map (drawn using either vector layers or a bitmapped texture, zoom-in, zoom-out, zoom-window, pan, rotation and globe projections), DP-STAR and Airways support plus a lot of import/export options (can import and export from a lot of third party tools such as Radar Contact, MS-GPS and supports data formats such as XML and CSV). May create simple flight plans using a wizard or more advanced manual plans with or without autorouting. Awesome GPS display through FSUIPC. "

1 hour ago, Sirrus said:

I have deleted my post

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. 🖖 🙂

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

54 minutes ago, jgf said:

Well, my comments were generic, not specific to anything here, just based on years of corresponding online with people all over the world.  Yes, there are frequent misunderstandings, usually humorous and always easily cleared up.

As for our name, I've no problem with any of the proposals.  A "home base"?  Interesting from an RPG perspective;  if we have one it should be somewhere unique.

For now, Merry Christmas!  Happy Hanukkah! Joyous Kwanzaa!  or Bah!  Humbug!  depending on how you view the season.

And Happy Holidays to you, too! 

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Here's wishing everyone a Happy Holiday, and be Safe wherever your Travels may take you.

An Upcoming Announcement will be coming on Tuesday, December 26th regarding the Next Challenge.

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I used to use FSNav for many years, but it doesn't work with FSX at all. However the same author wrote a new 'version' called FSTramp and that works pretty much the same as FSNav, so I use it all the time these days. It too will export a flight plan to FSX directly, but as I no longer have FS9 on my sim computer i don't know if it's backwards compatible with FS9.

Having read through the previous umpteen pages a few times i still can't work out if we're limited to flying the RW types that flew in the original race, or can we fly other types? Can we even fly jets? 

• Like 1

Regards

Kit

22 hours ago, JSMR said:

Because what happens at our airport stays at our airport. 🤪
The nuns said they'll bring a pole. 

So the club is growing. We have nuns, a priest, an Englishman, an Irishman and now a Pole!

😏😎

You also have at least one Scot.  So says this Colquhoun.

• Thanks 1
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

24 minutes ago, Rupert said:

You also have at least one Scot.

And another, Mother's family is Clans Scot and McRae.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

1 hour ago, Bossspecops said:

i still can't work out if we're limited to flying the RW types that flew in the original race, or can we fly other types? Can we even fly jets? 

1 hour ago, ViperPilot2 said:

An Upcoming Announcement will be coming on Tuesday, December 26th regarding the Next Challenge.

It appears the VP2 is working out the kinks over Christmas eggnog. 

I think.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

54 minutes ago, Rupert said:

You also have at least one Scot.  So says this Colquhoun.

Also add this Sansei to the list.

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

On 12/22/2023 at 5:16 PM, PhrogPhlyer said:

I have just loaded LNM and it seems good, does it have a build in autopilot?

LNM does not have a built in autopilot.  But the ILS approaches are clearly marked and easily visible.  I tend not to use autopilot at all, but I do zero in on the green ILS tracks all the time when approaching a new airport to land.  I find them very helpful on the map.  🙂

On 12/22/2023 at 6:26 PM, ScottishMike said:

If we want a single FBO for the club (and I don't mind if we don't) how about Hewanorra in St. Lucia (TLPL).

• Has an 8900' Rwy at 14' elevation,
  • Caribbean climate,
  • ample general aviation parking.

Despite having no ILS System you have to rely on VOR and NDB Navigation Aids on your approach.

• Not TOO far from Europe
  • Easily reachable for Ex. from the Americas 

Good scenery (in fs9, not sure about other sims.). I would like to keep the Chachapoyas name, as VP2 says, it rolls off the tongue.

HewanorraIntlStLucia1.thumb.jpg.a4b6ad746ff939185657ff9d39a229fc.jpg

HewanorraIntl4.thumb.jpg.bba39dd4cd98296468dfe2f62a5dd7a2.jpg

Ample general aviation parking:

HewanorraGenAvi.thumb.jpg.503accd5d7e11ee140dc52cb8c87a0a6.jpg

Hewanorra00.jpg.c530a55e7706ae4d84d7f573477391a7.jpg

WHERE AND WHAT IS THIS?

Hewanorra TLPL on Saint Lucia in the eastern Caribbean

(made using SceneryGenX by Roger Wensley for FS9)

Scenery Description:

St Lucia island is to the north of the Grenadines, between Martinique to the north and Saint Vincent to the south, Saint Vincent being the main island of the Grenadines. St Lucia is nearly 30 miles long and has a population of 175,000, with two airports. Hewanorra International is at the southern end of the island, the end furthest from the capital, Castries. The reason for this is that at the southern end it was possible to build a runway almost 9,000 feet long, while the airport in the north (Vigie) could not be extended further to accomodate the largest jets.

The airport was originally a USAAF base, converted to commercial use. There is a new terminal which has since also been extended, a new control tower, and an extended apron so that 747's etc can be accommodated. There are regular international flights by Virgin, BA, Air Canada, Air France, etc and local connecting flights by LIAT; local flights specifically to St Lucia use the northern airport, Vigie. There is AI for these major international airlines and for LIAT. The towns around the airport (Vieux Fort etc) are included here: the scenery is based on the "Lesser Antilles Mesh" which is required and can be downloaded from flightsim for free.

And here's St. Lucia Hewanorra from TropicalSim (Payware) in FS9: 

Yes, the landmass looks just a little offside... don't know why they missplaced the Field completely... happens with a lot of Airports in FS9 unfortunately... 

411797558_10231470042964227_3554536343034499306_n.thumb.jpg.7cca3ecd3c036fa1b3c11db995ac4c9c.jpg

411865693_10231470043324236_677636537898507657_n.thumb.jpg.0e0426ec931597008ae3431629be59c3.jpg

411944856_10231470043164232_651075815073543986_n.thumb.jpg.13fa220164fa0042ca2e8f29b272ed1a.jpg

Some weird Buildings sitting in the water, visible on short finals and taxiing to the Apron (I may need to put an exclude File there to correct that).

410911998_10231470048444364_5848597701003469037_n.thumb.jpg.3f2f0d248c95c05b02ae20569eb9e7c0.jpg

410861339_10231470048564367_8402572649902243216_n.thumb.jpg.d28b85af13a4db4cfdc998f7a3d0f926.jpg

410866562_10231470183967752_5016338303510218381_n.thumb.jpg.644f8396a88c2b75928ce69a958dad24.jpg

19 hours ago, ViperPilot2 said:

Also add this Sansei to the list.

I spent a lot of time in the land of your Grandparents.

phrog x 2.jpg

2 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

I spent a lot of time in the land of your Grandparents.

I traveled to Japan once, a long time ago.

My Grandparents emigrated to the US in the early 1900's, and lived in Oregon where they started a successful Farm, the remnants still existing today in Troutdale, East of Portland on the Columbia. 🙂

Happy Holidays, everyone! 🎄🎅 😄

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

53 minutes ago, Melo965 said:

Here is what Berlin Tempelhof (EDDI) looks like in MSFS 2020

And in FSX, The FSX Berlin has many of the major landmarks as well as Tempelhof.

image.jpeg

phrog x 2.jpg

Going back to thinking about the Australia Rally, I bought the FSX Orbx Australia V 2.0 package, at a discounted price of Aus$ 35.00 approx. and | think that pricing lasts for a few days. I also added on the OzX freeware addon from Fly Away Simulation to overlay the Orbx package, and while that took 6 hrs to download, the whole thing seems WELL worth the money and effort as it totally transforms FSX Australia!

As an example, that crazy field at Warrnabool YWBL, which in basic FSX is two runways, with no taxiways, buildings or anything else, and is deep in a forest, is transformed into a lovely open plan type airfield with parking, an FBO and some AI aircraft as well, and NOTHING like a forest either.

I've checked all the fields on the planned South Australia plan and they're all as good, and the surrounding scenery look terrific. A few of them don't match the Orbx background exactly, but it's not that bad at all. 

Well recommended.

Regards

Kit