I installed it and am currently flying the Longitude on a 2hr hop. Full description here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-aircraft-avionics-update-02-1-33-8-0-now-available/597642

It did fuss at me for having an older Nvidia driver version and warning some things may not work, but so far no issues in case anyone sees that running older drivers (I'm one who is a believer in if it's not broken, do not fix it!). Oh and we still have to deal with that minor annoyance switch back to windowed mode after every update. 

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

What a bust! For starters, I should have stuck to a familiar neighborhood, but tried a flight from Tangiers to Stuttgart.  Things went fairly smooth, but not perfect into Spain, but then it went into the pits. I wish I had the time right now to explain more, but other duties call. It is a disappointment after waiting so long for B787 improvements.

On 6/22/2023 at 10:25 AM, N069NT said:

I installed it and am currently flying the Longitude on a 2hr hop. Full description here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-aircraft-avionics-update-02-1-33-8-0-now-available/597642

It did fuss at me for having an older Nvidia driver version and warning some things may not work, but so far no issues in case anyone sees that running older drivers (I'm one who is a believer in if it's not broken, do not fix it!). Oh and we still have to deal with that minor annoyance switch back to windowed mode after every update. 

No issues here either, and I also didn't upgrade my drivers. Seemingly every time I do, I get the dreaded "graphics card error low memory" crash.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Update DL went smooth as silk, as have all upgrades since I purchased in Aug 2022.

In my above post, I didn't have the time to mention any of the new problems this last upgrade has created. My almost always go-to vehicle is the B787-10, of which a nice chunk of this DL applied to. There are some pros that, at first use, are neat . Also some cons I hope can be rectified without too much hassle.

Prime at this moment deals with the flight path. All seems fine until well into the flight. On the ND (navigation display), the magenta line (flight path) is truncated as you near your destination. It reappears for a brief period from MNSTR to SLIDD then is again cut off. If flown to manually, AP refuses to lock on. At rwy 29 KMSY, the flgt path becomes pale blue and displays some weird patterns beyond your destination. Hope the attached pics help explain better than I tried in words. In any event, it sure does take the joy out of an AP approach.

ND Magenta flgt path stops at BUGLE WP.jpg

ND small portion flgt path MNSTR to SLIDD.jpg

ND Magenta flgt path to KMSY 29.jpg

You have your map range set at 40nm in all the shots above. As you reach your destination you should reduce your map range accordingly, for example to 30, 20, 10, and 5 on short finals.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

14 minutes ago, tiger1962 said:

You have your map range set at 40nm in all the shots above. As you reach your destination you should reduce your map range accordingly, for example to 30, 20, 10, and 5 on short finals.

That's true RW as well.  You can have lots more accuracy and definition of path with a lower range setting.  And as you get lower and slower, that's really an advantage!! 

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks Cavulife. I was going to bring that up in a later post. ETA's are missing in latest 787 upgrades, but were not much use prior as they were 4 or 5 hours behind GMT.

Thought I'd try a different bird, but just got the same results with the Cessna Longitude. The flgtpln is from KJAX to KMSY. All appears normal after selecting IFR High Altitude, runways for departing and arriving...and cruise altitude. All waypoints are shown in the graph. It is after "Ready to Fly" that the monkey wrench enters the scene. Examining the VFR map, there are two "MANSEQ" entrees which at first glance look like Waypoints with 6 characters. The first panel plants one on the KJAX runway probably prior to reaching VR1. This MANSEQ stuff was explained somewhat in this link:    Manseq - General Discussion & Community Support / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

KJAX MANSEQ.jpg

KMSY MANSEQ.jpg

That MANSEQ route discontinuity has always been there in the Garmins. In the CJ4 Collins FMS, the discontinuity (means ATC vectors will be given to the next point) is actually spelled just that in the legs menu. Since MSFS is not real world in ATC instructions of course, I just delete them. For the Garmin, it's as simple as just deleting the MANSEQ waypoint, and then the route will line back up with the next waypoint. It's more involved with the CJ4 and there are two ways to handle it. I take the easier path and just click on the next waypoint below the "DISCONTINUITY" listing which pre-populates the scratch pad with that code. Then I click the line select item corresponding to that discontinuity waypoint and it replaces it (after clicking EXEC).

Also as a side note, I have a tablet on the side to create my own IFR flight plan from low and high altitude charts just as I would in the real world along Victor airway intersections and waypoints. So I'll create the flight plan in the sim first, and from that I modify the aircraft's flight planner accordingly once powered up. That means deleting a lot of waypoints and adding others. The built-in flight planner in MSFS is often inefficient and mostly terrible! I also keep an eye on changing destination runway conditions with ADSBEX in real time and watch landing traffic patterns while enroute. Often the runway reported in use at the destination and programmed in the flight planner/flight computer is not going to be the same one upon arrival just like in the real world. This means making a lot of changes in the flight computer (changing the landing runway, changing the STAR if there is one, etc.).

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

I take back what I said above. Worst flight ever. Started with the mouse pointer flickering so bad, I couldn't operate many switches and buttons. THEN, my autopilot just clicked off by itself and wouldn't re-engage AT ALL. (Flying the FBW A320).

Ok, I'll just hand fly into my approach. WRONG!!! The plane went into a sudden barrel roll and wouldn't recover. Had to quit the flight but I'm sure it'll be a new episode of Air Crash Investigation. 

This update screwed up my simulator. First time that's ever happened.

Come on Asobo, get your $hit together!!

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Kingnorris, I'm sorry you're also having probs, but glad I'm not alone. When I first tried a flgt with the new upgrade, I too had a barrel roll incident. Thought maybe I did something wrong so just restarted the flight.

Now, on to this prime prob. First thing this morning, I made sure no files were in community folder. Then I started MSFS2020 and removed the two upgrade files from 06/23/2023. Upon restarting, I noticed it removed the B787 from MY HANGER. I then re-installed those 2 files, got the 787 back, and filed a flgtpln from KLAX to KDEN. All looked honky-dory until "Ready to Fly. Brought up the VFR map. Flgt path was much worse than the KJAX-KMSY of yesterday except I could only spot one MANSEQ, in the Pacific off KLAX. Screenshot below shows much-broken flight path near destination with KDEN in lower right corner: 

KLAX---KDEN.jpg

That’s a mess, budreiser.

We can only hope Asobo is working on a patch/upgrade as we speak to fix these issues.

For the 1st time THIS upgrade changed many of my game settings for display, degree of difficulty etc. Made my Ercoupe near unflyable. I'm slowly changing parameters to get things back the way I like them.  No, of course I never bothered to take screen shots of my settings choices - but I'm thinkin' maybe I should -lol 

'

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

@budreiser - I just did a flight (IFR filed) in the CJ4 from Atlanta (KPDK) to Vail CO (KEGE). No discontinuity gap issues in waypoints other than the ones I cleaned up in the FMS as previously described. What shows up in the flight computer flight plan (legs) with the waypoints? There's got to be a reason for the broken flight plans.

On another topic, I broke my own rule and updated my Nvidia driver to the latest from running the same one since May 2022. No issues - no performance gain, no drop either. However, I have noticed my RTX 3080 Ti is running about 2C cooler under load in the sim since the upgrade for whatever reason. I upgraded through the GeForce Experience app with a clean wipe out and install FYI.

I got a message when starting the game about needing an up-to-date driver.  Also went the GeForce route for my GTX1650 card. I've been running the same 2020 driver since I installed the card, so yes, I was 'due' -lol

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Might be mind games, but by using my x52 mouse control to look around instead of the actual mouse, it seemed to stop the flickering cursor.

had a successful flight yesterday.

On 6/25/2023 at 1:40 PM, N069NT said:

@budreiser - I just did a flight (IFR filed) in the CJ4 from Atlanta (KPDK) to Vail CO (KEGE). No discontinuity gap issues in waypoints other than the ones I cleaned up in the FMS as previously described. What shows up in the flight computer flight plan (legs) with the waypoints? There's got to be a reason for the broken flight plans.

On another topic, I broke my own rule and updated my Nvidia driver to the latest from running the same one since May 2022. No issues - no performance gain, no drop either. However, I have noticed my RTX 3080 Ti is running about 2C cooler under load in the sim since the upgrade for whatever reason. I upgraded through the GeForce Experience app with a clean wipe out and install FYI.

That’s good to know. (The driver quote)

After countless hours of attempting a fix for this problem...including removing everything in COMMUNITY folder and an hours long RESET of MSFS2020...nothing has changed (See new attached pics). I searched for others experiencing the same but didn't find much. After yesterday's fruitless endeavor, I thought I'd pass this bug on to the Zen gang (or whatever their proper nomenclature). Maybe I'm too old and/or too stupid but got off that avenue after being led from one site to another and getting the feeling I was lost.

This is supposed to be a flight from KORD to KPIT. First screenshot shows KORD rwy28R with the start of flight path across Lake Michigan at ELX. Second shot shows flight path ending at MANSEQ northeast of KPIT. Every flgt pln I've tried so far gives me the same result. Either cut off at the beginning, the end, in the middle, or a combination. When it comes to IFR autopilot flying, I guess I'm grounded. Maybe the FAA is spot on with that age 65 rule. Whatever will I do? 

Pic 3...KORD--KPIT.jpg

Pic 4...KORD--KPIT.jpg

MANSEQ stands for "manual sequence" which means (in your second screenshot) that ATC should vector you to the final approach at KPIT. However, the MSFS ATC doesn't do vectors so you need to select Direct To on the PLN page of your GPS and then select the next waypoint after MANSEQ.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

To tiger 1962. Being disrespectful is not one of baddies, so I hope I don't sound so. I see how much you and many others have helped this community and I am ever grateful. You might be missing my point with this "Flight Path" issue I'm experiencing, or perhaps I'm not explaining myself well enough. Prior to this latest upgrade, when I filed a flight plan, once I engaged AP, AT, VNAV and LNAV, the MSFS B787-10 would fly the magenta course from AP activation to destination. Most all I had to do was to set climb and descend amounts, apply proper flaps, control landing speed, de-activate AP at 2 or 3 hundred feet AGL, then flare at 100 feet. Quite elementary. NOW, since this most recent upgrade, that dog won't hunt. When I view the flight path on the World Map, whether it be the MSFS2020 feature or the SimBrief program, the unbroken flight path is there. When I go to "FLY" (or "READY TO FLY"), I get truncated flight paths as shown below. I can hand-fly the aircraft to the first waypoint but that is fruitless. I can hand-fly to Transition with the same result. AP (or LOCALIZER/APPROACH) will NOT lock on that course. 

I have been messin' with flight sims since the Sub Logic days. I don't recall what version introduced AP flying, but I've been hooked on it since. Never before this upgrade have I seen an entry such as "MANSEQ". When it first appeared I googled it and looked it over:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/manseq/447704

I did not make any changes to my system before this problem. Since it occurred, I have tried removing files in the "COMMUNITY" folder, resetting MSFS2020, going back to the previous 

NVIDIA RTX3060 driver, and Lord knows what else. I hope to make another more successful attempt with the ZEN folks soon, but since I don't see others with this problem, I doubt it will get any attention. What I would appreciate, is someone else entering this same plan (KORD--KPIT) and posting a few pics of the route. I'm betting it won't have chunks of the path missing, nor any "MANSEQ" entries.

Thanks tiger, and all others who have commented on this post.

Pic 3...KORD--KPIT.jpg

Pic 4...KORD--KPIT.jpg

Are you using the Heavy Division 787 mod? If so, you need to remove it because it hasn't been upgraded yet to work with the AAU2 update. Simbrief flightplans can't be imported after the AAU2 update, but may be included in the next Sim Update.