R.I.P. Active Sky Evolution

Baron Fritz

58 minutes ago, Skywatcher12 said:

I could offer a solution for ASE or AS65, but every time I post a link, johnhinson or JSkorna report my post and mrzippy deletes it.

RJ

Exsqueeze me!  I see my name mentioned and you think I deleted it?  How?  I have no powers of deletion here!  Now try it over at AVSIM and see how far you get! :classic_ninja:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

54 minutes ago, JSMR said:

i just told my mum and she was like.,.seriously? Why is My Whippy deleting posts???

I said, no…mrzippy. She said mrzippy is deleting mr whippy? 

Too funny.

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

4 hours ago, mrzippy said:

Exsqueeze me!  I see my name mentioned and you think I deleted it?  How?  I have no powers of deletion here!  Now try it over at AVSIM and see how far you get! :classic_ninja:

You quoted me! People are going to get confused. Not guilty! Didn't say it! 🤣

Mark Daniels

13 hours ago, Skywatcher12 said:

Why would your post be deleted? I haven't seen anything in this thread that potentially breaks any rules.

Let's be perfectly clear here that I have not reported a single post in regards to this topic. Please know what you are talking about before posting, RJ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

8 hours ago, Skywatcher12 said:

You quoted me! People are going to get confused. Not guilty! Didn't say it! 🤣

Sorry, I was trying to get to what was said by 3green accusing me of deleting his posts after being "reported" by others.  Wonder how many 🍺s he had in front of him at the time he made that disappearing post?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mrzippy said:

disappearing post?

Never! Disappearing beer, now that's a whole different discussion.

• Haha 3

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Above, I read, apparently posted by Skywatcher:

"I could offer a solution for ASE or AS65, but every time I post a link, johnhinson or JSkorna report my post and mrzippy deletes it."

I am insulted and offended by this totally uncalled-for fake accusation.

But if such unsupported and unjustified accusations are made again, I would not hesitate to report them. It is appalling behaviour. I think an apology is overdue.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

34 minutes ago, johnhinson said:

Above, I read, apparently posted by Skywatcher:

"I could offer a solution for ASE or AS65, but every time I post a link, johnhinson or JSkorna report my post and mrzippy deletes it."

I am insulted and offended by this totally uncalled-for fake accusation.

But if such unsupported and unjustified accusations are made again, I would not hesitate to report them. It is appalling behaviour. I think an apology is overdue.

John

Don't get yer knickers in a knot!  I was trying to quote a post by 3green who said that and it was only inside of a post by Skywatcher.

Here is the post in question:

Screenshot 2023-06-12 12.26.12 PM.jpg

6 hours ago, mrzippy said:

Don't get yer knickers in a knot!  I was trying to quote a post by 3green who said that and it was only inside of a post by Skywatcher.

Here is the post in question:

Screenshot 2023-06-12 12.26.12 PM.jpg

It seems to be you in a knot. So although you quoted Skywatcher12 as making this accusation, you are now saying it was 3Green's words. Whoever did post that, the point is that an unsupported and unjustified accusation was publicly made against me and my comments still stand.

John

7 hours ago, johnhinson said:

It seems to be you in a knot. So although you quoted Skywatcher12 as making this accusation, you are now saying it was 3Green's words. Whoever did post that, the point is that an unsupported and unjustified accusation was publicly made against me and my comments still stand.

John

3Green made those comments as explained by mrzippy.
mrzippy provided the original post in his last post in this thread for clarification.

• Thanks 1
Mark Daniels

3 hours ago, Skywatcher12 said:

3Green made those comments as explained by mrzippy.
mrzippy provided the original post in his last post in this thread for clarification.

Thanks, Mark. I apologise to you for my finger-pointing towards you, brought about by Mr Zippy's inability to quote correctly.

3green still has some explaining to do, but I suspect he is hiding behind a rock in preference to making an apology to myself and JSkorna.

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, johnhinson said:

Thanks, Mark. I apologise to you for my finger-pointing towards you, brought about by Mr Zippy's inability to quote correctly.

3green still has some explaining to do, but I suspect he is hiding behind a rock in preference to making an apology to myself and JSkorna.

John

It's all good John, thanks.

It's a shame there is still no explanation in this thread on how to use NOAA data.

• Like 1
Mark Daniels

Just now, jgf said:

Reminded of my childhood days, "I know something you don't know".

Yeah, bugs you more than anything else.
I have no need for the NOAA data but I've already put it on the hit list to figure out just because it bugs me now. 😂

Mark Daniels

Some starting points:

Find NOAA archived data.

Download an hourly file.

Run AS in offline mode.

Point AS to the hourly file you downloaded.

All this is from memory. The AS User Guides might explain it step by step. I know in some versions we did.

• Like 2
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 8:28 AM, Skywatcher12 said:

Quick play around with ASE using historical weather and it is not working correctly under Win 11. On my Win 7 PC it works perfectly. Anyone been using ASE and historical weather under Win 11?

Hi,

Also no problems with Win7x64 here, did you change *ASE_Exec.exe* compatibility, if that's still a thing in W11?

BTW, I was looking around some old posts and found this...

Capture.thumb.jpg.67ef53dae3732f852ad5ce27f59b6c93.jpg

Oh well...

Regards,

DDP.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DirkDP said:

Hi,

Also no problems with Win7x64 here, did you change *ASE_Exec.exe* compatibility, if that's still a thing in W11?

BTW, I was looking around some old posts and found this...

Capture.thumb.jpg.67ef53dae3732f852ad5ce27f59b6c93.jpg

Oh well...

Regards,

DDP.

Hi Dirk,
No, not yet. It's working fine under Win 11 generally it's just not always loading the conditions of a new weather file. Despite loading a new file sometimes, the conditions remain unchanged from the previous weather conditions/file.
This doesn't happen under Win 7 and it all works perfectly. I'll resolve it, just need some time. Otherwise, everything else with ASE appears to work perfectly under Win 11.

Mark Daniels

On 7/2/2023 at 3:45 AM, Skywatcher12 said:

Hi Dirk,
No, not yet. It's working fine under Win 11 generally it's just not always loading the conditions of a new weather file. Despite loading a new file sometimes, the conditions remain unchanged from the previous weather conditions/file.
This doesn't happen under Win 7 and it all works perfectly. I'll resolve it, just need some time. Otherwise, everything else with ASE appears to work perfectly under Win 11.

Hi,

That... does happen on my Win7x64, even on my old WinXPx86, from time to time... Even after pushing the refresh button.

So I reload the Wx file and then it updates the data. Never thought much of it, just a "feature"...

Regards,

DDP.

16 hours ago, DirkDP said:

Hi,

That... does happen on my Win7x64, even on my old WinXPx86, from time to time... Even after pushing the refresh button.

So I reload the Wx file and then it updates the data. Never thought much of it, just a "feature"...

Regards,

DDP.

I've mostly resolved this to the point I won't be going any further.
There is a bug somewhere in the options. I changed some options and did nothing else. Suddenly ASE loaded weather file after weather file without issue. Not sure which option triggers it to fail and it doesn't really matter as it's all working.

From everything I've tried, ASE is functioning perfectly using historical weather under Win 11.

Don't forget it's also possible to use ASE files for historical weather in AS 6.5 if anyone wishes to do that.

I'm down to only one issue left in my entire FS to resolve. Of course there are a million add-ons I'm still yet to experience so there will always be other things but the core of my FS9, the important stuff, it's completely fuss free.

Looking forward to many more years of FS9!

• Like 1
Mark Daniels