R.I.P. Active Sky Evolution

Baron Fritz

On 7/4/2023 at 7:58 AM, Skywatcher12 said:

Don't forget it's also possible to use ASE files for historical weather in AS 6.5 if anyone wishes to do that.

Looking forward to many more years of FS9!

Hi,

Yeah, same here.

Also, if I really want "today's" METAR for one or more airports in ASE, I can get it online and copy/paste the relevant data into the ASE WXConfigurator, unless there are gusts which ASE WXConfig ignores...

Or I edit a WX file. Those are just GZip files that can be opened with 7-Zip and the file inside can be opened and edited with Notepad. Kinda looks like what's in current_wx_snapshot.txt but without line breaks...

Regards,

DDP.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DirkDP said:

Hi,

Yeah, same here.

Also, if I really want "today's" METAR for one or more airports in ASE, I can get it online and copy/paste the relevant data into the ASE WXConfigurator, unless there are gusts which ASE WXConfig ignores...

Or I edit a WX file. Those are just GZip files that can be opened with 7-Zip and the file inside can be opened and edited with Notepad. Kinda looks like what's in current_wx_snapshot.txt but without line breaks...

Regards,

DDP.

Do you by any chance know a way to bulk process a bunch of ASE wx files to work in AS6.5?
I wish to do this at some point but not sure there will be a way to batch process them.

And yes on the current weather METAR's you mention, ASE is still a highly functional weather program for anyone who owns it.

Mark Daniels

On 7/7/2023 at 1:07 AM, Skywatcher12 said:

Do you by any chance know a way to bulk process a bunch of ASE wx files to work in AS6.5?
I wish to do this at some point but not sure there will be a way to batch process them.

Hi,

No, not that I'm aware of... When one loads a WX into ASE it creates a current_wx_snapshot.txt, that can be copied into the ASv6 folder.

But I have both ASE and AS6.5 installed, and it seems ASE automatically updates the current_wx_snapshot.txt in both ASE and ASv6...

Regards,

DDP.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Yeah, I was noticed AS16 closed online because of HIFI Tech unavailable support's website nothing since. They embarrassed lol

AS16, I had been used 2017 to 2019 a very good stuff and radar wx. 

Firefalcon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"