Grpahic Card error??

31 minutes ago, JSkorna said:

And your motherboard graphics chip is disabled, correct?

My device manager shows under "Display adapters"  my Nvidia GPU and nothing else. I've never used the integrated GPU since I got my computer..

9 minutes ago, valero said:

My device manager shows under "Display adapters"  my Nvidia GPU and nothing else. I've never used the integrated GPU since I got my computer..

Have you installed older drivers?  I am using 528.49 myself, no problems

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

17 hours ago, valero said:

1. I removed the new Nvidia update and re-installed the old one, Nothing.

2. I did a removed and clean install of Nvidia update and nothing.

3. I removed MSFS and re-installed it. Nothing.

4. Finally I did the dread it "remove and re-install windows 10" and re-installed ALL my software, and still, I get the same error....   

Step 4 is the nuclear option and should have solved the issue. Perhaps there really is something wrong with your GPU.

Try running something like 3D mark. Try both the Firestrike and Timespy benchmarks - One is DirectX 11 and the other 12, but I don't remember which is which. If you get the error during one of these tests, it could be your GPU.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I found this in the MSFS forum covering the problem:

"Hello everyone,

In talking with Asobo, they have informed us that this message is triggered when memory consumption is too high for your particular system. Before, you would just get a CTD or freeze with no error message. Suggested solutions if you are regularly getting this message are one or more of the following:

• Reduce graphical quality settings (e.g. from High to Medium)
  • Reduce LOD sliders
  • Remove addons that could be causing this error

We agree that the message is a bit vague and unclear. We have submitted feedback to the devs to change the text of this error message so it better describes the cause.

Thanks,
MSFS Team"

If this is the reason, it does not necessarily matter which driver version you are using or how often you re-install something.

Can you monitor your RAM / VRAM consumption?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 32Gb RAM,

NVidia Geforce RTX 2600, 3 Monitors (two 1280 x 1024, one 1920 x 1080),

SSD 1000 GB and SSD 500 GB

6 hours ago, grimsel said:

"Hello everyone,

In talking with Asobo, they have informed us that this message is triggered when memory consumption is too high for your particular system. Before, you would just get a CTD or freeze with no error message. Suggested solutions if you are regularly getting this message are one or more of the following:

• Reduce graphical quality settings (e.g. from High to Medium)
  • Reduce LOD sliders
  • Remove addons that could be causing this error

This is great, thanks for the info. Removing addons will be the only thing that I can do since I can't get to MSFS settings, I can monitor the ram usage and see if this helps anything. 

I had this issue a few months back.  Turns out the fans to my Nvidia 1080GPU weren't turned on.  On the back of your power supply box, you may find two rocker switches.  One is for the main power and there may be another for your GPU fans.  With the PC turned off, make sure it's on, then boot up your PC and hopefully you're good to go.  I have my quality settings on high, with a the other stuff set high too and have no problems like this now. 

Hope this helps,

Cheers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, valero said:

Removing addons will be the only thing that I can do since I can't get to MSFS settings

Yes you can, they're right here:

spacer.png

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

2 hours ago, JSkorna said:

How do you get there if your MSFS refuses to boot up completely?

I used "Geforce Experience" to update the drivers one more time and then changed all the settings to the lowest available (by using Geforce Experience), but sadly that did not helped any.. 

38 minutes ago, valero said:

I used "Geforce Experience" to update the drivers one more time and then changed all the settings to the lowest available (by using Geforce Experience), but sadly that did not helped any.. 

Have you tried launching MSFS in Safe Mode?

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

14 hours ago, valero said:

Yes. Once I get the error display and retry again it asks me to select Safe Mode.

You should be able to open the settings screen in Safe Mode.

2 hours ago, JSkorna said:

If you choose the Safe Mode option does the same error message pop up?

Same thing. One thing though, Since this started happening about 6 days ago I had 3 instances that with no reason at all I have been able to run MSFS with no problems. Last time it ran I was able to bring all the MSFS settings to the bare essentials but once I shut down it will NOT run again and it gave me the same error message. I am almost sure that it is a GPU problem.  ????

25 minutes ago, Hyperdark said:

Hardware...check your GPU isnt actually overheating.

You mention in your first post that you re-installed MSFS on an SSD,, has this SSD been installed somewhere it could be restricting airflow?

I'm using SpeedFan to monitor temp and fans and so far all indicates consistent temps within range of operation. More than a year ago I had overheating issues and that's when I changed to manual control of all my six fans  including the CPU via external 12v solenoid control, ever since that addition I had no temp issues. But so far I definitely think it has something to do with the GPU because this happened as soon as I installed the latest Nvidia driver.

I would suggest stress testing your GPU.  Be warned though, it "could" cause damage to it, especially if it get's too hot.  I would suggest some temp monitoring going on while testing.

There are two that I use, of course I can't find the second one on my machine, but here is one of them-https://benchmark.unigine.com/

• Like 1
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I had the message yesterday for the first time. It was the first time I launched the simulator that day. It popped up after I had selected a random place for departure from the world map and had clicked "FLY".

My GPU is not overclocked.

I can say with some confidence that the GPU temperature was in the low 50's at max, the fan at 45% (at the time of the problem - numbers getting higher the longer the simulation runs).

I have the 531.41 driver installed - no Geforce Experience, no other optimization tool, some add-ons, I made sure that every modellib.bgl has its individual name. I use default driver settings, except for anisotropic filtering set in the program specific NVidia settings and disabled in the simulation. All my graphic settings in the sim are in the medium to high area, using DLSS (balanced) and DX12.

The problem occurred only once, I restarted the simulator, confirmed "normal mode" and had no problems for the rest of the day. Also today no problems so far.

As I started form about the same spot, I have difficulties to imagine, it is an "insufficient memory" problem. I would think (contrary to my earlier post) that insufficient memory would produce a more repeatable problem (but who knows...). The Task Manager said that about 4.7GB of the 6GB VRAM of the card were used.

What remains to me then is a software bug, a nasty one of the kind that creates random behaviour. Should it be a hardware problem, I will see the message more often in the future, I presume. I will let you know.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 32Gb RAM,

NVidia Geforce RTX 2600, 3 Monitors (two 1280 x 1024, one 1920 x 1080),

SSD 1000 GB and SSD 500 GB

5 hours ago, grimsel said:

I had the message yesterday for the first time. It was the first time I launched the simulator that day. It popped up after I had selected a random place for departure from the world map and had clicked "FLY".

My GPU is not overclocked.

I can say with some confidence that the GPU temperature was in the low 50's at max, the fan at 45% (at the time of the problem - numbers getting higher the longer the simulation runs).

I have the 531.41 driver installed - no Geforce Experience, no other optimization tool, some add-ons, I made sure that every modellib.bgl has its individual name. I use default driver settings, except for anisotropic filtering set in the program specific NVidia settings and disabled in the simulation. All my graphic settings in the sim are in the medium to high area, using DLSS (balanced) and DX12.

The problem occurred only once, I restarted the simulator, confirmed "normal mode" and had no problems for the rest of the day. Also today no problems so far.

As I started form about the same spot, I have difficulties to imagine, it is an "insufficient memory" problem. I would think (contrary to my earlier post) that insufficient memory would produce a more repeatable problem (but who knows...). The Task Manager said that about 4.7GB of the 6GB VRAM of the card were used.

What remains to me then is a software bug, a nasty one of the kind that creates random behaviour. Should it be a hardware problem, I will see the message more often in the future, I presume. I will let you know.

This can't be a driver problem can it ? I have been using RTX2080i driver 522.25 for 5 months with no problems. Ah maybe the NEW driver Nvidia installed might be the problem ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, johnclift said:

Found out the thing was running DX12 Beta !!!!!

Went back to DX11 and been flying for 50 minutes with everything on Ultra 😀

Interesting.  Something to keep in mind for the rest of us 😄

Solved! As I suspected and as suggested by many of you, the problem seems to be my old GPU. I have 2 GPUs but to isolate the problem I removed one of them and everything worked perfect albeit using 1 monitor. I increased all settings in MSFS to the max (within1920x1080) The temperature was low and and the functions were fast even multi-tasking. I replaced my old card and the error message came back!  I took my old card completely apart,  profusely cleaned it specially the fan, removed & replaced the thermal paste in the GPU processor, cleaned the contacts and replaced it. Everything works perfect! My 3 monitors are back, I went beyond the max settings on MSFS ran it while multitasking with Photo Shop, Premiere Pro and Maya and had NO problems.

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions which I implemented one by one, maybe those were part of the overall solution....