DASH-7

I've always likes the dash 7. Build to take the hard road and keeps on going. Well represented here.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

2 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

I've always likes the dash 7. Build to take the hard road and keeps on going. Well represented here.

+1!

And that's also a great rendition of the weather up there this time of the year as well.

Well Posted!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Nice exterior model of the DASH-7, Whatever happened to Simwork Studios , Has Simwork Studios abandoned the Dash-7 project? 

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

1 hour ago, Garciamk3g said:

Nice exterior model of the DASH-7, Whatever happened to Simwork Studios , Has Simwork Studios abandoned the Dash-7 project? 

Thanks for the comments guys.

These shots are of a conversion from FSX.  Not sure what's going on with the Simworks DASH-7 but found this preview video from December.  Looks pretty well along.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillD22 said:

I've always liked 4-engine turboprops.

My earliest memories from childhood are the sights and sounds of Vickers Viscounts climbing out of EGCC Manchester (Ringway as it was in the 1960's). That deep booming sound that rang in your eardrums!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

7 minutes ago, tiger1962 said:

Vickers Viscounts

Another classic for sure.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Great plane, nice pics!  I logged 800 hours in the right seat with Allegheny Commuter/Piedmont Regional.  It could do almost everything.  (the Twin Otter can do anything🙂, which I flew for another airline )  At the time, the DH7 was our only aircraft type with an autopilot.  Landing reference speed with full flaps was typically a mere 65 knots.  We only used that when we landed at DCA on runway 33 to hold short of 36.  (old runway numbering, Captain's landing only)   When the aircraft is available for MSFS, I'll buy it.035DCA6_83.thumb.jpg.e46b4b8797926dc15eed420fbcbbd060.jpg

1 hour ago, dbauder said:

Allegheny Commuter

Great paint scheme. Where's the pic taken at? 65kt... Kingair landing speeds. Add rapid prop rev and I'll bet it could really come to a stop.

phrog x 2.jpg

6 hours ago, tiger1962 said:

My earliest memories from childhood are the sights and sounds of Vickers Viscounts climbing out of EGCC Manchester (Ringway as it was in the 1960's). That deep booming sound that rang in your eardrums!

My most memorable RW passenger 4-engine turboprop flights:  

1.  United Airlines Vickers Viscount DC National Airport to Chicago O'Hare

2.  National Airlines L188 Electra DC National Airport to Pensacola, Fla  (with en route stops in Norfolk, Charleston, Jacksonville, and Mobile!!!).

3.  Piedmont DASH-7 DC National Airport to Norfolk, VA 

22 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Great paint scheme. Where's the pic taken at? 65kt... Kingair landing speeds. Add rapid prop rev and I'll bet it could really come to a stop.

The pic was taken at the DCA, commuter terminal, June, '83.  The only reason I remember that speed is because one windy afternoon, we were landing on 33.  A friend (a Pilot) was in the jumpseat with his Super 8 camera with sound.  I hear my voice restate the ref speed at about 500 feet or so.  PS...At the time I was 'triple qualified' , B99, SD330, DH7.  Too many types!

Oh yes, There are a ton of good features with turbo props.  I remember after the first time I was shot I was on the hospital ship Repose anchored in Olongapo Harbor.  I'd been shot in the right wrist and both legs but was not bad enough to return to the states so I spent a few weeks with other not badly wounded on the Repose before returning to duty in Vietnam.

We were anchored out in the harbor.  On sunny days they'd roll many of us out in chairs or racks to get some fresh air.  This day I spotted the USS Enterprise anchored nearby and got very interested in watching what might occur.  After a bit a C-130 made a 180 pass then landed on the flight deck.  It stopped almost as fast as the fighters do with arresting cables then backed up under its' own power to Pri-Fly and unloaded a whole bunch of VIPS in tropical uniforms with mucho stars on their collars.  About a hour later they had loaded the underside of the C-130 with a ton of JATOS bottles and the VIPS were loaded back aboard.  Again the C-130 backed itself up towards the bow.  Then they fired off the JATOS, fire-walled the engines and the C-130 was airborne only using about half the length of the deck.  This was a calm day, the ship was anchored and there was zero apparent wind across the bow!  I was impressed to say the least.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

3 hours ago, dbauder said:

'triple qualified'

The good 'ole days!

phrog x 2.jpg