The Latest World Update

Happy to note that once again a World Update went swiftly and smoothly, no issues to report. Today's is Update XII - New Zealand.... you can almost see Xena.-lol   Don't forget to also do any updates in the Profile-Content Manager section.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

All went smoothly here as well, after I'd re-installed 6 planes that I'd deleted because I never fly 'em. They must be used in some of the missions with this update.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I had forgotten to look in the Marketplace for the Update.  Some reason I was looking in the Content Manager.   No biggie, it all went smooth 🙂 

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I had forgotten the Market Place too ha, although my excuse is, I've not been flying for a long time.... Thanks chicagorandy for the reminder

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

22 hours ago, tiger1962 said:

All went smoothly here as well, after I'd re-installed 6 planes that I'd deleted because I never fly 'em. They must be used in some of the missions with this update.

It warned me about not having the A310 Installed but it didnt make me re-install it. Im often puzzled that different users get different things happening in this sim (unless its different version I have store/PC version)

I'm also on the MS Store version and I'd uninstalled the A310 as well. It must have been one or more of the other aircraft I'd deleted that caused the update failure. Now that I've installed the update, I'll delete them all again.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I'm thinking thats odd tiger... I had stripped mine back keeping only what I fly, payware planes and utilities .....  all the planes except the TBM and a Cessna all the missions and lessons... did the download and found I had to delete them all over again.....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I too forgot about the Marketplace for the WU. While it's not a big issue, I am curious as to why one update will start from the "Checking for Updates" screen, whereas others are located in the Content Manager.

Nevertheless, smooth update and no issues running it.

Tim (Ontario, Canada)

31 minutes ago, DaddyTim said:

I too forgot about the Marketplace for the WU. While it's not a big issue, I am curious as to why one update will start from the "Checking for Updates" screen, whereas others are located in the Content Manager.

Nevertheless, smooth update and no issues running it.

Tim (Ontario, Canada)

There are three potential parts to a MSFS update, the base update of the sim itself (Microsoft Store, Steam, the update check when the sim opens), updates to existing content (Content Manager), and new content (The Marketplace). Depending on which update is being released, you will need to check at least one of these, and possibly all.