How can I upgrade my STEAM 2020 so as to get the Cessna 172 steam gages?

i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

It's included with the Deluxe and Premium Deluxe versions, unfortunately there's no discount if you're upgrading from the Standard version.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks Tim. Should I upgrade from STEAM Standard Version to Deluxe version using the MS2020 Marketplace?

i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

27 minutes ago, Nels_Anderson said:

This FAQ seems to apply specifically to the Xbox version. What about the PC version?

Same thing for the PC version.

Q: Can I upgrade editions?

A: Yes it is possible to purchase Upgrade bundles from the in-game Marketplace, but the most cost-efficient way to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator is to buy the edition you are interested in. If you purchase an upgrade from the Marketplace, it is more advantageous to purchase the Premium Deluxe Upgrade.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017706059-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-FAQ

On 2/17/2023 at 4:29 PM, JSkorna said:

Look who's back with inaccurate information already!

You MAY purchase, but I don't see ANY discount for the previous purchases. SO no you can't. One used to be able to purchase using `Flightsim Credits` but I have no interest, nor knowledge as to how one goes about such a thing, nor the ACTUAL cost... Last time I looked, the cost was the same as the original purchase. Has that now changed? What about discounts for all the sub-par purchases of the previous lacklustre versions? I am not paying again for something so unfinished, without superb discount.

"Fool me once, shame on me; Fool me twice, shame on YOU"

7 hours ago, snave said:

You MAY purchase, but I don't see ANY discount for the previous purchases. SO no you can't. One used to be able to purchase using `Flightsim Credits` but I have no interest, nor knowledge as to how one goes about such a thing, nor the ACTUAL cost... Last time I looked, the cost was the same as the original purchase. Has that now changed? What about discounts for all the sub-par purchases of the previous lacklustre versions? I am not paying again for something so unfinished, without superb discount.

Whether you agree with the pricing or not, the bundles in the Marketplace are how you upgrade editions. So yes, you can upgrade editions.

Sounds like a debate over semantics. Updating vs buying a higher level version? Financially there is no difference whatever you choose to call it. Going to a higher version of MSFS 2020 costs the same as not owning the sim and purchasing the version you want. Po-TAY-to or  po-TAH-to. Either way you get a spud. Upgrade/Update/Buy New = the same $$ outlay. IMHO the most 'cost effective' choice is to buy the version with all the features/aircraft/airports that you want the first time. It's the same sim afterall. 

Happy flying regardless.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx