So using an airforce jet at 1200mph over new york city every option possible turned up to the max!! i am doing 59 fps is that good?
windows 11, asus crosshair viii dark hero, 64mb g.skill d4 4000 ram, amd ryan9 5950 clocked to 4.3, noctua nh-u12s, asus rtx 4080 oc, 2x samsung 980 pro ssd 3tb m.2 nvme x3

So using an airforce jet at 1200mph over new york city every option possible turned up to the max!! i am doing 59 fps is that good?

The standard (least from what I've seen on You Tube, is 30 FPS (or better). Some people are locked in at 30 FPS and have a blast flying! Others try to get every extra frame they can. From my perspective, FPS fluctuates like the stock market, it can go up and down like crazy, just depends on where exactly I am flying and what else is going on.

I've been flying in NYC and getting 50-60 FPS, but then I will fly over a crowded section of the city and have it drop to 31 FPS. I am still going very smooth and if I did not have the FPS counter going, I would not have noticed.

It honestly depends on what you are looking to get out of the sim. :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thanks for all the answers i now see the different views on this is and first off to answer some i don't need to lie with that said the other comments are so true u right and yes i will stop looking at the fps its running smooth and great and i am enjoying myself to the fullest !!!! It's beautiful and i just found something the other day wow when u turn up the wind and fly over the water and it has waves so insane !!!!! So thanks everyone for the reply's i got my answer !! Happy flying !!!

Oh did forget to ask one? anyone have a problem with like flying for 2 or 3 hours straight it starts to breakdown i start getting choppy frame rates and it gets worse i have to restart fs and its deff not a heat issue my card never goes over 41c

Edited by ralphie1313
windows 11, asus crosshair viii dark hero, 64mb g.skill d4 4000 ram, amd ryan9 5950 clocked to 4.3, noctua nh-u12s, asus rtx 4080 oc, 2x samsung 980 pro ssd 3tb m.2 nvme x3

Oh did forget to ask one? anyone have a problem with like flying for 2 or 3 hours straight it starts to breakdown i start getting choppy frame rates and it gets worse i have to restart fs and its deff not a heat issue my card never goes over 41c

A RTX 4080 @41c, you get the IceMan trophy! Choppy frame rates and having to restart means what? Single digits? Live Wx changes? Doing a live stream while flying? What else? I don't usually fly past the 2 hour mark myself. But I do use Live traffic (PSXT-RealTraffic) Live ATC, and Navigraph Charts (with Simconnect), and often search and read forums and watch utube while flying. Some have said deleting their rolling chache helped.

no all live stuff is off weather, time, ect. yes it drops down to single digits and its not even from change of scenery it will do it at like when i fly to cali from ny i set it at 50,000 feet so really its smooth runs at like 110fps up there then like 3 hours in it just starts freaking out..

no all live stuff is off weather, time, ect. yes it drops down to single digits and its not even from change of scenery it will do it at like when i fly to cali from ny i set it at 50,000 feet so really its smooth runs at like 110fps up there then like 3 hours in it just starts freaking out..

Not sure if this will help- https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/a-workaround-for-fps-drop-after-a-long-flight/437116

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality