Advice on taxiing problem

It could be my setting but if so I don't know what needs changing.

The problem I have is after landing, which usually goes well, and I slow down to taxi and then the plane seems to have a mind of it's own and just wanders off out of control. The brakes work but the rudder seems to have no authority over the nose wheel steering even though the rudder control in the air seems OK.

This happens with all my planes, which are mostly just the stock FS2020 ones.

I use a Thrustmaster T Flight X stick with twist grip rudder control.

Any ideas that might help ?

Bob.

Hi Bob, have you checked the Assistance menu? I've set them all to "Off" or "Hard", whichever it is, except for the taxi ribbon and the co-pilot handling radio comms.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Since it is happening with all the aircraft, perhaps check under Basic and other Controls for that joystick to verify the twist grip is calibrated to give full rudder/nosewheel deflection? Remembering to Apply & Save any changes. In the air a rudder has a LOT of authority so not much deflection is needed as opposed to ground handling.

Other than that, I got nuthin', sorry.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Thanks for the useful replies guys.

I could not find any assistance menu items directly related to taxiing but I did see the "auto rudder" item was checked so I unchecked it and ..........it did the trick! I'm now back in control on the ground.

I have also been vexed by the apparent too wide turning circle of my planes when taxiing and while testing the above I discovered that if I rapidly click the brake trigger whilst turning using the twist grip it makes the turn much tighter.

Bob.

Bob.

but I did see the "auto rudder" item was checked so I unchecked it and ..........it did the trick! I'm now back in control on the ground.

Glad you found the fix. The reason it seemed out of control was that on the ground the auto-rudder turns the yoke into a steering wheel by connecting the nosewheel (or tailwheel) steering to the yoke instead of to the rudder, thus fighting any rudder control on the ground.

In real aircraft (except for a few that don't have individual brake pedals for the main wheels) you can tap the brake in the direction you're steering to tighten the turn. FS emulates that, to some degree.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!