MSFS is terrible

Sorry it is. Microsoft made great flight sims but this isn't a sim, it's an arcade game. It gives me the same feel as train sims. Microsoft Train Simulator was really good but the modern train sims I tried don't have the same realistic feel. Pretty graphics but that's about it.

I'm trying to like MSFS I really am but it feels like I'm playing a game and not really simulating anything. It doesn't give me the same feel of excitement any of the other sims always gave me. The updates are annoying and a waste of my time. The bugs are annoying. Parts of the world are annoying. US and Europe you appear to need to always stay around for best results. I want the entire world available to happily explore like the other sims. I'll persist with it but first I want to go back and have a couple of weeks using one of the older sims to relieve my tension. Very frustrated.

Sorry it is. Microsoft made great flight sims but this isn't a sim, it's an arcade game. It gives me the same feel as train sims...

I can't see what's the point of coming here to complain about something that most here love.

Wish you the best of lucks, anyway.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

I'll persist with it but first I want to go back and have a couple of weeks using one of the older sims to relieve my tension. Very frustrated.

Nothing wrong with that - MSFS is a quantum leap ahead of the other sims in many ways, it's a steep learning curve but well worth it once you've got your controllers mapped as you had them in your previous sim(s). When you feel 'in control' it makes exploring new aircraft and features far more enjoyable!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I can't see what's the point of coming here to complain about something that most here love.

Wish you the best of lucks, anyway.

That's the problem from day 1. People want to accept it and if anyone says anything else they get flamed. I notice on all the forums the complainers have been chased away but all the problems the game has are still there. We have every right to complain when basic elements of flight simulation are not there. AI is terrible, weather is terrible, there are so many issues and yet people just want to say they love it! Sorry, I think this is the best way to get short changed. It's been 2 years and all it has is some pretty graphics if you fly in the right places. We should all be complaining. We paid for a bunch of promises and watched a bunch of promotional videos that are anything but the product we have installed on our computers.

And the 800 pound gorilla in the room - people vote with their feet. They walk away without complaining. Or, like me, never take the step, stay with what is reliable, dependable, and still fun. But, hey, love those screen shots. :p

Sorry it is. Microsoft made great flight sims but this isn't a sim, it's an arcade game. It gives me the same feel as train sims. Microsoft Train Simulator was really good but the modern train sims I tried don't have the same realistic feel. Pretty graphics but that's about it.

I'm trying to like MSFS I really am but it feels like I'm playing a game and not really simulating anything. It doesn't give me the same feel of excitement any of the other sims always gave me. The updates are annoying and a waste of my time. The bugs are annoying. Parts of the world are annoying. US and Europe you appear to need to always stay around for best results. I want the entire world available to happily explore like the other sims. I'll persist with it but first I want to go back and have a couple of weeks using one of the older sims to relieve my tension. Very frustrated.

You haven't given us any details about your system or setup, such as your computer processor, video card, internet connection, etc., or how much effort you have put in to get MSFS working properly (and this can take some time). I say this because your description of it is so far from my experience that I wonder if we are talking about the same sim. Like many others, I was a great fan of FS9 and FSX, but MSFS is so far advanced beyond them in giving a feeling of real-world immersion that it's not close -- and that includes not just scenery but weather and other things. Note that this is an inquiry, not a criticism. I have seen other posts similar to yours in which the OP eventually changed his mind on MSFS after sticking with it. But, as has been said, it's not for everybody.

Edited by cobalt

You haven't given us any details about your system or setup, such as your computer processor, video card, internet connection, etc..

I agree.

Have to say, I was amazed by the OPs comments on world scenery being poor (in some areas) Admittedly some parts of the world aren’t as good as others… but it’s still ten times better than it was in previous sims. Not sure why anyone would prefer the scenery on FS9 or FSX etc, unless of course PC specs play a part in this.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

To the OP - If THIS particular sim does not meet your needs? Delight in the knowledge that playing it is NOT mandatory. While there are many millions out there who ARE enjoying this bit of digital amusement from Asobo, in those parts of the globe where some levels of personal freedom still exist, freedom of choice rules the day. And THAT my friends is why that ice cream joint offers all them different flavors. What a boring world it would be if they only sold vanilla.

Live long and prosper.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

That's the problem from day 1. People want to accept it and if anyone says anything else they get flamed. I notice on all the forums the complainers have been chased away but all the problems the game has are still there. We have every right to complain when basic elements of flight simulation are not there. AI is terrible, weather is terrible, there are so many issues and yet people just want to say they love it! Sorry, I think this is the best way to get short changed. It's been 2 years and all it has is some pretty graphics if you fly in the right places. We should all be complaining. We paid for a bunch of promises and watched a bunch of promotional videos that are anything but the product we have installed on our computers.

I don't feel I was flaming you at all. In fact I wished you luck.

As for complaints, they would probably be more useful in the official forum.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Maybe if XPLANE was equal in graphics the competition would make the sims much better. Until Msfs has a true competitor we are stuck with what we got.
Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

Although there is a lot of problems with this msfs 2020 . it is not that bad , As far as graphics and the scenery being very accurate it is quite amazing , When it 1st came out I thought I'd try it,

I set up a flight in the city I now live in , in Manitoba ,Canada , I was amazed how true to real life the buildings and things were , I could recognize a lot of buildings and such ,

So thought I'd take a look at a couple of small villages where I grew up. (in Manitoba) I couldn't believe it, I could recognize a lot of the buildings in these 2 little villages

To the OP:

Brodie:

I applaud you for speaking your mind. You're absolutely right but, as I'm sure you know by now, you're wasting your breath. MSFS has become a cult, so reasoned argument is impossible.

Stick with something you can FLY.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To the OP:

Brodie:

I applaud you for speaking your mind. You're absolutely right but, as I'm sure you know by now, you're wasting your breath. MSFS has become a cult, so reasoned argument is impossible.

Stick with something you can FLY.

Enlighten me -- What in this thread do you find unreasonable? Just asking.

Like many others, I'm thoroughly enjoying my time with MSFS.

Not only is the default topography fantastic, there's also the excellent photographic overlay to go along with it (how much would that cost in the past?). Then there's the added challenge of sloped runways (like X-Plane and more recently, P3D), plus some wonderful weather effects.

Yes, it's not complete (or finished some would say), but then again, I can't remember a sim which has been. If you're looking for the perfect "binary" flying experience, then all previous simulators have been incomplete in one way or the other.

I'm just grateful that we have a range of simulators to choose from. None of them are perfect, none of them are real, but all of them in their own way are enjoyable.

W33

X-Plane 11, P3D. 32GB RAM, i7 8700k, 1080Ti, Oculus Rift, 1TB SSD

To all, my system is fine and I can run it well with the highest settings. I am not complaining about it's running performance, I'm complaining about the many issues it has that after 2 years, it still can't match the old flight sims. Graphics are nice but not everywhere and you very often see flaws.

I'll still persist with it. I'll probably always use it but if I want to flight sim, I'll use the older sims. If I want to just play around and do silly things, I'll break out MSFS. I feel that's the most it will ever be good for. I could enjoy it for those reasons but as a proper replacement for my old flight sims, it is not. FSX to MSFS is not like FS2004 to FSX. The latter was a flight sim upgrade. FSX to MSFS feels like two completely different products not because of menus etc, but because one feels like a sim the other feels like a game. FSX should be for daddy while the child plays with MSFS. Sorry, do not mean to offend it's just how I feel. I wish they would get serious and turn it into what we all want, a FSX upgrade.

To all, my system is fine and I can run it well with the highest settings. I am not complaining about it's running performance, I'm complaining about the many issues it has that after 2 years, it still can't match the old flight sims. Graphics are nice but not everywhere and you very often see flaws.

I'll still persist with it. I'll probably always use it but if I want to flight sim, I'll use the older sims. If I want to just play around and do silly things, I'll break out MSFS. I feel that's the most it will ever be good for. I could enjoy it for those reasons but as a proper replacement for my old flight sims, it is not. FSX to MSFS is not like FS2004 to FSX. The latter was a flight sim upgrade. FSX to MSFS feels like two completely different products not because of menus etc, but because one feels like a sim the other feels like a game. FSX should be for daddy while the child plays with MSFS. Sorry, do not mean to offend it's just how I feel. I wish they would get serious and turn it into what we all want, a FSX upgrade.

What we ALL want? Don't speak for others - speak for yourself. Seems many are well satisfied with MSFS 2020, including me. Pretty pompous right there if you ask me if you think that's what we all want. Go back to FSX then if its another FSX you want, because that is NOT going to happen! :rolleyes:

Brodie, thanks for your further discussion of your dissatisfaction with MSFS. I fully respect your opinion, but I am baffled by several of your statements about this sim that are so completely at variance with my own experience with it. To me (and I gather to many others), MSFS with its real-world satellite-based imagery is a revolutionary advance that is years beyond FSX, P3D, and other sims that rely on landclass-based artificial scenery in which cities and towns (except for a few hand-crafted ones) bear little resemblance to the actual places. Moreover, I find that this is generally true world-wide, especially after all the scenery updates. I don't see the variance in quality with location that you apparently do.

This scenery, plus amazing real-weather effects and other features, make MSFS a totally different experience for me, compared to FSX and FS9 -- much more immersive. I could never go back. Regardless, whatever sim you use to do it, happy flying!

Edited by cobalt

I respectfully disagree.

I had FSX with photoreal scenery and thought that was the bomb. And it was, albeit only summertime textures were available and everything was flat. (Imagine flying into Denver in a snowstorm and only seeing lush green trees)

I shied away from MSFS for a bit but once I tried the $1 game pass deal, I got hooked. Flew over my place of work and saw several coworkers’ cars that I recognized in the parking lot..

Flew over my house and there was my truck in the driveway.

Flew around Denver again in a snowstorm and could see snow on roofs.

No, the jetliners that are able to fly like the Blue Angels isn’t realistic at all, but honestly, I didn’t buy this to get a real world license.

I’m happy with it. So much so, I don’t even miss FSX anymore.

Good day to you sir.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Is that you Mark, using a different alias?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

:)

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

No, the jetliners that are able to fly like the Blue Angels isn’t realistic at all, but honestly, I didn’t buy this to get a real world license.

I didn't post to create arguments but you highlight it above. I don't want to see who is standing at my house. I want to see how a plane flies. I'll keep using both sims as I can see there is no community interest to make MSFS anything other than what it already is and I'll have to accept it.

No, I've had my account a long time but I think I know who you are referring too. He's another who has been pushed out of the community from what I have read recently. No, I don't think it's right.