Any word on SU7 Hotfix release date?

Really annoying to keep having to resave Assistance preferences all the time, so just been flying P3D v5 instead. This should have been addressed immediately.

If I install the BETA fix, will the final update remove it, or will it need to be manually removed?

Also, where are we supposed to update now? Still at Microsoft Store? Xbox app? MSFS direct?

The three dots in the upper right Microsoft store are no longer there and moved to the lower left.

Is this where future updates moved to?

Edited by dogdish
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Really annoying to keep having to resave Assistance preferences all the time, so just been flying P3D v5 instead. This should have been addressed immediately.

If I install the BETA fix, will the final update remove it, or will it need to be manually removed?

Also, where are we supposed to update now? Still at Microsoft Store? Xbox app? MSFS direct?

The three dots in the upper right Microsoft store are no longer there and moved to the lower left.

Is this where future updates moved to?

No news on the release date yet, the French are all on leave until January 4 so work won't re-commence on it until then.

The hotfix will either be replaced or added to by Sim Update 8 automatically.

Microsoft Store has been updated to the Windows 11 version and you now click on the Library icon at the bottom of the left margin, then click on the Microsoft Flight Simulator thumbnail to launch the intro video and the update will be detected and downloaded when available.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Guest Robert455

The SU7 hotfix may just end up being the SU8 bugfix rollup since they’ve gone this long and given both Windows store and Steam users access to the bugfix “beta”. They do their own thing though, so who knows? We’ve needed bugfix rollups every two or three updates - not after 7.

It seems like Microsoft marketing bean counters are running the show instead of aviation enthusiasts. They churn out GOTY versions with new modules while bugfixes take a back seat. Can’t imagine anything but a meat grinder environment for programmers at Asobo. It’s still the best sim I’ve flown but the ongoing unresolved bugs keep piling up.

As for losing all the assistance settings and going to all easy, it seems to be triggered for me by going into the Content Manager. There were a couple of updates to things I got in the Marketplace and for whatever reason, updating them caused all my assistance settings to be defaulted back to easy. Stay out of Content Manager and the settings seem to stick at least so far. It may be you can go into Content Manager and not change anything and you stay ok, but I didn’t test that.

I’m not. Just reading through various issues folks are having makes me want to stay on the fence about buying it.

Why not pay $1 for the month’s gamepass trial? (remembering to cancel before the month is up)

That way you can try the standard edition of MSFS for yourself.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Guest Robert455

While I do complain about FS2020 and Microsoft, FS2020 is still the best ride for me. It’s hugely immersive especially in VR and since FS2020 came out, it’s the only sim I’ve been flying. I did fire up the others I have just to see what their updates had brought to the table and I still prefer 2020.

There do seem to be more interactions between 2020, the OS, and display drivers but I suspect it may be because Asobo is eeking out as much performance as they possibly can. At any rate, 2020 is where I go to sightsee, watch weather move in from an airborne perch, etc.

I will say that my major issues all went away after I rebuilt Windows using a then newest version of the Windows installer and noticed much more granularity in the Windows privacy and security pages. There have definitely been changes in Windows that upgrades don’t fix. But after that, it’s just been the minor cruft and complaints.

Others may or may not like 2020, and I’ll never be a Microsoft fan or fanboy, but I’d also recommend kingnorris give it a try. He might change his mind.

While I do complain about FS2020 and Microsoft, FS2020 is still the best ride for me. It’s hugely immersive especially in VR and since FS2020 came out, it’s the only sim I’ve been flying. I did fire up the others I have just to see what their updates had brought to the table and I still prefer 2020.

There do seem to be more interactions between 2020, the OS, and display drivers but I suspect it may be because Asobo is eeking out as much performance as they possibly can. At any rate, 2020 is where I go to sightsee, watch weather move in from an airborne perch, etc.

I will say that my major issues all went away after I rebuilt Windows using a then newest version of the Windows installer and noticed much more granularity in the Windows privacy and security pages. There have definitely been changes in Windows that upgrades don’t fix. But after that, it’s just been the minor cruft and complaints.

Others may or may not like 2020, and I’ll never be a Microsoft fan or fanboy, but I’d also recommend kingnorris give it a try. He might change his mind.

I'd like to remain hopeful that he would, but I have a feeling that he won't and just wanted to stir up trouble with that comment. Sometimes I may think of going back to P3D myself, but I just remember they don't have the real world in it, so that's what makes me stick with MSFS personally. Its awesome to now be able to actually fly over your own house in it,and see cities the way they are with the buildings that are actually there and not just generic box models for buildings.

I'd like to remain hopeful that he would, but I have a feeling that he won't and just wanted to stir up trouble with that comment. Sometimes I may think of going back to P3D myself, but I just remember they don't have the real world in it, so that's what makes me stick with MSFS personally. Its awesome to now be able to actually fly over your own house in it,and see cities the way they are with the buildings that are actually there and not just generic box models for buildings.

I may but not anytime soon.

I’m still enjoying FSX. Years ago I bought photoreal scenery on a hard drive (the guy who made it now works for Megascenery Earth and this product is no longer available) and that enhanced my flying experience. Yes, I, too can buzz my house, albeit it’s all flat terrain, unlike MSFS.

I’ll end it with this: some screens and videos I’ve seen of MSFS make it look incredible. But then I read about numerous updates fudging up the works and I get timid. Last thing I want to do is spend my time resetting everything after an update, or worse, posting here about something that’s gone awry.

I bid good day to you, and happy new year.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I may but not anytime soon.

I’m still enjoying FSX. Years ago I bought photoreal scenery on a hard drive (the guy who made it now works for Megascenery Earth and this product is no longer available) and that enhanced my flying experience. Yes, I, too can buzz my house, albeit it’s all flat terrain, unlike MSFS.

I’ll end it with this: some screens and videos I’ve seen of MSFS make it look incredible. But then I read about numerous updates fudging up the works and I get timid. Last thing I want to do is spend my time resetting everything after an update, or worse, posting here about something that’s gone awry.

I bought two different VFR scenery packages for FSX years ago. They were both impressive.. but of course only covered part of the UK (no USA, Europe or anywhere else) despite being on several DVDs. They were expensive too.

All obsolete now of course, because the scenery on the new sim is far, far better and covers the whole world. Just shows how things have moved on.

You could try the month’s game pass trial (for just $1) as suggested earlier, but if your signature is still correct, then you would have to upgrade to Windows 10.

Probably not worth the hassle.

Happy new year.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I

Well, thank you for the kind ending of the discussion, and I see your points. I just wish you stated that in the beginning instead of your comment of buy a faster computer they said post.... That would have saved a LOT of problems.

But again, Good day to you, and Happy New Year as well, may it be better for EVERYONE, than the last two years.

I bought two different VFR scenery packages for FSX years ago. They were both impressive.. but of course only covered part of the UK (no USA, Europe or anywhere else) despite being on several DVDs. They were expensive too.

All obsolete now of course, because the scenery on the new sim is far, far better and covers the whole world. Just shows how things have moved on.

You could try the month’s game pass trial (for just $1) as suggested earlier, but if your signature is still correct, then you would have to upgrade to Windows 10.

Probably not worth the hassle.

Happy new year.

Regards

Steve

I have a new gaming rig on order: 32 gb Ram, all the bells and whistles including W10.

Once I get it and it’s up and running, that signature will change. I’ve been told it’ll be more than enough to run MSFS.

Maybe I’ll give the pass a look-see. I’ll definitely miss flying the 737 though. (I’m not ready to purchase an add on just yet)

Edited by kingnorris
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Well, thank you for the kind ending of the discussion, and I see your points. I just wish you stated that in the beginning instead of your comment of buy a faster computer they said post.... That would have saved a LOT of problems.

But again, Good day to you, and Happy New Year as well, may it be better for EVERYONE, than the last two years.

That’s my forte; I’m a smartass at times. I thought it was funny but ok, point taken.